BREAKING: Scorpion to release Humongous & More on New Line

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, May 12, 2011.

By rhett on May 12, 2011 at 8:00 AM
  1. rhett

rhett Administrator

80s horror fans have already had a few nice surprises this year with announcements like SLEDGEHAMMER, but this one takes the cake. Scorpiron Releasing will be debuting the following favorites coming out in September: HUMONGOUS, AMERICAN NIGHTMARE, THE CARPENTER, THE DEVIL WITHIN HER, THE HUMAN EXPERIMENTS, THE MARK OF CAIN and NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT. As if that weren't good enough, they're also re-releasing the beloved and hard to find FINAL EXAM, THE INCUBUS and THE HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW. All nine DVDs will be on a new "Katrina's Nightmare Theatre" line featuring intros and extros by WWE star Katarina Leigh Walters. It's about time we had a new Elvira!

I'm salivating too much at the thought of finally seeing the Canadian giallo sleeze-classic, AMERICAN NIGHTMARE cleaned up on DVD. I'll just go ahead and quote their official press release:

Also, here's a sample of the cover art for each disc, staying very true to the original poster art:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Excited?

Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Comments

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, May 12, 2011.

1. Horrorphilly
      Horrorphilly
      Im floored that Homongous is getting released.I thought CR couldn't get the rights to it,that's all BS,with the right amount of money,anything can be bought.Ill only get hosr if its really worth it.

sean
    2. MorallySound
      MorallySound
      Your post is pretty funny, considering Scorpion Releasing is run by Code Red's brother!

But so stoked! Looking forward to picking up ALL of these releases! And like many others, hopefully being about to see what is actually happening in HUMONGOUS!
    3. fceurich39
      fceurich39
      OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG HUMONGOUS i cant freakin wait i hope we will finally be able to see what is going on in the night scenes
    4. Shawn Francis
      Shawn Francis
      This Katrina chick she isn't gonna be interupting the movies is she, and fucking it up?
    5. fceurich39
      fceurich39
      nope just on the cover and hosting before and after the movie not during. i guess similiar to that stupid cartoon dude on the lionsgate slaughter high dvd

that katrina chick i think is WINTER IN TNA WRESTLING I BELIEVE
      Last edited: May 12, 2011
    6. Katatonia
      Katatonia
      It states in rhett's first post that you'll be able to play the film(s) with or without her intro/outro segments.
    7. fceurich39
      fceurich39
      good news i hope humongous will be among the first titles to be released as that one is the only one i want on dvd all the others i have on vhs or OOP dvds
    8. bloodthrill
      bloodthrill
      Un-fucking-believable. I haven't even seen some of these "classics",so I'm extra excited. Fantastic year to be a horror/sleaze fan.:eek:
    9. Getmoredvdsout
      Getmoredvdsout
      Quite possibly the BEST DVD news I have ever heard. Will pick them all up but most exicted about HUMONGOUS!!!!!! Not to mention The Carpenter and American Nightmare.

Good stuff Scorpion :) Cheers.
    10. hellraiser40
      hellraiser40
      some very interesting titles there, i will pick up most (except Final Exam, which i already have)
    11. MisterTwister
      MisterTwister
      It will be great to actually watch Humongous and see what the fuck is going on.
    12. indiephantom
      indiephantom
      Love American Nightmare. Will upgrade my House on Sorority Row. Haven't seen the others, but I'll be picking up most of them.
    13. ronnie21
      ronnie21
      Don't get your hopes up too high people, they still could be crappy transfers, so don;t get too excited. and once we see the reviews or transfers, they could look worse than we anticipate.. so keep it real.....
    14. ronnie21
      ronnie21
      How do we know we will see what the fuck is going on???? if the transfer is dark and crappy?? Please, don;t get your hopes too high, just because its coming on dvd, doesn't mean its gonna to look like the Godfather!!!!!!!!!!!
    15. Body Boy
      Body Boy
      Way to be a downer ronnie.

Of course we can't assume the best, but if it's anything based on Scorpion's previous releases of Girly, Goodbye Gemini, Silent Scream and Doctor Death, I'm pretty sure some care will be taken.
    16. maskull
      maskull
      I tried to watch Humongous a while back and couldn't tell what was going on in the night scenes and had to stop watching. The movie seems pretty awesome though so I'm hoping to finally see it in full.

Glad about Final Exam too. I missed the DVD the first time around but I love the actual flick so it'll be nice to get it on DVD....along with everything else.
    17. ronnie21
      ronnie21
      Yeah, funny thing is, both final exam and humongous both played at the college theater in swathrmore PA.
    18. ronnie21
      ronnie21
      Hope the new dvd of final exam has a better transfer than the last one.
    19. ronnie21
      ronnie21
      Wow, incubus back on dvd.. awesome, funny thing is too, humongous was filmed in septmeber of 1981
    20. Horrorphilly
      Horrorphilly
      Ronnie,
      When did this happen? I live within 10 minutes of Swarthmore College.

Sean