BREAKING: Scorpion to release Humongous & More on New Line

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, May 12, 2011.

By rhett on May 12, 2011 at 8:00 AM
  1. rhett

rhett Administrator

80s horror fans have already had a few nice surprises this year with announcements like SLEDGEHAMMER, but this one takes the cake. Scorpiron Releasing will be debuting the following favorites coming out in September: HUMONGOUS, AMERICAN NIGHTMARE, THE CARPENTER, THE DEVIL WITHIN HER, THE HUMAN EXPERIMENTS, THE MARK OF CAIN and NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT. As if that weren't good enough, they're also re-releasing the beloved and hard to find FINAL EXAM, THE INCUBUS and THE HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW. All nine DVDs will be on a new "Katrina's Nightmare Theatre" line featuring intros and extros by WWE star Katarina Leigh Walters. It's about time we had a new Elvira!

I'm salivating too much at the thought of finally seeing the Canadian giallo sleeze-classic, AMERICAN NIGHTMARE cleaned up on DVD. I'll just go ahead and quote their official press release:

Also, here's a sample of the cover art for each disc, staying very true to the original poster art:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Excited?

Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Comments

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, May 12, 2011.

1. Katatonia
      Katatonia
      Humongous is coming to Blu-ray from Scorpion:

https://www.facebook.com/scorpionreleasinginfo/posts/668369176655870:0

[​IMG]
      Dobby, Kim Bruun, Matt89 and 4 others like this.
    2. fceurich39
      fceurich39
      still have my oop dvd of Humongous very fun flick and you finally can see what is happening on screen
    3. Katatonia
      Katatonia
      This should be even better, as the master used for the old DVD was only sourced from a tape master.
      fceurich39 likes this.
    4. SilentScreams
      SilentScreams
      Did Scorpion locate the original negative?
    5. Katatonia
      Katatonia
      I don't know for sure, other than what they posted, but they must have at least located a usable film element to strike an HD master with.
    6. russweiss
      russweiss
      I like that cover. I also have the DVD but will certainly upgrade to blu.
    7. Mutilated Prey
    8. Angelman
    9. TheWZA
      TheWZA
      Fuck yes, I've been waiting for them to announce this one on Blu-ray. I love this movie!
    10. Katatonia
      Katatonia
      This is classic:

o_O
    11. MorallySound
      MorallySound
      Doubt it's from the negatives, but just a general 35mm theatrical print since the unrated bits will be sourced from the same tape master used to make the previous DVD. Still, will be an upgrade overall.
    12. ronnie21
      ronnie21
      It will be like what they did with my bloody valentine. but not as bad,,, but I wonder how good the new print will look.. . wow, rare, at the movies reviewing this. they always hated horror movies. not sure why they even bothered reviewing them. New artwork looks really awesome. way better than shouts arts on some.. It comes with slipcover, I would want that. I'am sure this will be a better upgrade then the OOP dvd.
    13. wago70
      wago70
      Can't wait! I remember watching that Sneak Previews episode, too, back then.
    14. Matt89
      Matt89
      I actually think My Bloody Valentine is one of the best "patch jobs" so to speak. It's better than the jumps in Silent Night Deadly Night that's for sure. At least the footage that was spliced back into MBV was from a film source and presented in HD.

~Matt
    15. Harry Warden
      Harry Warden
      God - please tell me this is going to be sold in stores and not just online.
      Matt89 likes this.
    16. ronnie21
      ronnie21
      harry, these days. who knows. best safe bet. to order online... Its not like I can go to best buy and get the newest copy of happy birthday to me..
    17. hots4
      hots4
      Patch jobs can be good, look at the work on from beyond, the results were amazing when you see what they had to work with.
      Zombie Dude likes this.
    18. Matt89
      Matt89
      Totally forgot about From Beyond. Yeah I thought it was seamless for the most part.

~Matt
      Zombie Dude likes this.
    19. Kim Bruun
      Kim Bruun
      I'm totally excited about this release, and I appreciate how upfront Walt has been about the inserted material being in SD. I also the fact that both cuts will be on the disc. It will be good to finally be able to see what's going on - maybe we'll finally get a good look at the killer mutant? :)
    20. ronnie21
      ronnie21
      wow, September. that's a long wait. hope its worth it.