BREAKING: Scorpion to release Humongous & More on New Line

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, May 12, 2011.

By rhett on May 12, 2011 at 8:00 AM
  1. rhett

rhett Administrator

80s horror fans have already had a few nice surprises this year with announcements like SLEDGEHAMMER, but this one takes the cake. Scorpiron Releasing will be debuting the following favorites coming out in September: HUMONGOUS, AMERICAN NIGHTMARE, THE CARPENTER, THE DEVIL WITHIN HER, THE HUMAN EXPERIMENTS, THE MARK OF CAIN and NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT. As if that weren't good enough, they're also re-releasing the beloved and hard to find FINAL EXAM, THE INCUBUS and THE HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW. All nine DVDs will be on a new "Katrina's Nightmare Theatre" line featuring intros and extros by WWE star Katarina Leigh Walters. It's about time we had a new Elvira!

I'm salivating too much at the thought of finally seeing the Canadian giallo sleeze-classic, AMERICAN NIGHTMARE cleaned up on DVD. I'll just go ahead and quote their official press release:

Also, here's a sample of the cover art for each disc, staying very true to the original poster art:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Excited?

Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Comments

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, May 12, 2011.

1. Kim Bruun
      Kim Bruun
      September? Where do you read that? The post says that they will start taking orders next month.
      satans-sadists, Katatonia and Matt89 like this.
    2. Matt89
      Matt89
      I was just gonna say...
    3. MorallySound
      MorallySound
      That was the release date of the original OOP DVD, not the new Blu-ray, as this thread is from when that was an announced back in 2011.
    4. zbinks
      zbinks
      Aren't the differences between the R-Rated and Unrated cuts pretty minimal? I'm under the impression it's pretty much just bits and pieces from the opening scene.
    5. ronnie21
      ronnie21
      zbnks, yes,, it is only in that opening rape scene, I really pretty sure nothing else later in the film was cut. I was listening to the commentary on the dvd and they mention that alan thicke of all people had something to do with the financing of this picture. not sure how he was involved, I thought that was interesting. Also, man, gotta give it up for that killer artwork on the new blu. This is by far my favorite so far.. The artist really got this right, even down to showing the girls nipple sticking out. well done..
    6. johnwiliam
      johnwiliam
      where we may have to check out the skits and stuff, it makes as a fun, One of that my favorites! So excited. I am going to throw up. Great to see that they're using the real artwork for Final Exam.
    7. johnwiliam
      johnwiliam
      Additionally, interestingly on DVD such movies as the 80's loathsomeness most loved HUMONGOUS, THE CARPENTER featuring Wings Hauser (VICE SQUAD), THE HUMAN EXPERIMENTS featuring Linda Haynes, AMERICAN NIGHTMARE with Michael Ironside, THE DEVIL WITHIN HER featuring Joan Collins, the twin-fear of THE MARK OF CAIN, and NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT featuring sort greats Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing! Every DVD will have a play with or without Katarina's introductions and shutting sections and some will have sound editorials with the movie producers directed by Katarina. All the DVD sleeves will include a reversible cover. The primary wave will be discharged in September, in the nick of time for Halloween and new DVDs coming every month through March!
    8. ronnie21
      ronnie21
      wonder if and when humungous is coming out..
    9. MorallySound
      MorallySound
      According to an update on Scorpion Releasing's Facebook at the end of May (May 31st to be exact), it should be up for order on RoninFlix sometime this month or early July, although no other updates have been issued nor a definitive date since then.
    10. ronnie21
      ronnie21
      maybe it got squashed...
    11. satans-sadists
      satans-sadists
      zbinks likes this.
    12. ronnie21
      ronnie21
      wow, correct framing.. wish they would give a release date.. cant wait ..
    13. zbinks
      zbinks
    14. satans-sadists
      satans-sadists
      Humongous tomorrow, Ronnie!

http://store.roninflix.com/

[​IMG]
      Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
      ronnie21 likes this.
    15. hots4
      hots4
      Of topic a bit, but looking at the Ronin site I came across this, what is it? Is it any good? Either way that's one of the best blu ray sleeves I've seen in ages!

[​IMG]
      Natas likes this.
    16. Natas
      Natas

YES! I noticed the same thing last night. Apparently it's a really good giallo flick. I want this poster!
    17. MorallySound
      MorallySound
      That's not an actual poster for the movie - simply a screenshot from the movie with some Photoshopped text overtop. As to the movie, Delirium to me was a rather forgettable giallo and I don't remember much about it from back when I watched the Media Blasters DVD some years ago.
    18. satans-sadists
    19. hots4
      hots4
      I've never seen it, quite expensive to blind buy, with import Costs, tax etc, I hope this is on 88 Films list to release.
    20. ronnie21
      ronnie21
      ordered humongous today.. sadly, they must have squashed the slipcover that was once stated in the original facebook post back in December, oh well,,, would have been cool to have. silent scream's slipcover is awesome..