BREAKING: Scorpion to release Humongous & More on New Line

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, May 12, 2011.

By rhett on May 12, 2011 at 8:00 AM
  1. rhett

rhett Administrator

80s horror fans have already had a few nice surprises this year with announcements like SLEDGEHAMMER, but this one takes the cake. Scorpiron Releasing will be debuting the following favorites coming out in September: HUMONGOUS, AMERICAN NIGHTMARE, THE CARPENTER, THE DEVIL WITHIN HER, THE HUMAN EXPERIMENTS, THE MARK OF CAIN and NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT. As if that weren't good enough, they're also re-releasing the beloved and hard to find FINAL EXAM, THE INCUBUS and THE HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW. All nine DVDs will be on a new "Katrina's Nightmare Theatre" line featuring intros and extros by WWE star Katarina Leigh Walters. It's about time we had a new Elvira!

I'm salivating too much at the thought of finally seeing the Canadian giallo sleeze-classic, AMERICAN NIGHTMARE cleaned up on DVD. I'll just go ahead and quote their official press release:

Also, here's a sample of the cover art for each disc, staying very true to the original poster art:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Excited?

Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Comments

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, May 12, 2011.

1. Egg_Shen
      Egg_Shen

Yeah, those sound about right for wrestling names.
    2. Katatonia
      Katatonia
      Now that's good news:

3. shape22
      shape22
    4. WesReviews
      WesReviews
      C'mon guys, chill. It's just a tiny banner at the top. It's not like they're trying to give us THIS...

[​IMG]

:nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous:
    5. Demoni
      Demoni
      Not me...

Give the chick a chance and let´s hope for the best.
      Maybe it´ll help the cheese factor.
    6. wago70
      wago70
      Some commentaries can be boring. Maybe she'll kick things up a notch
    7. Body Boy
      Body Boy
      I think the title yet-to-be mentioned is either:

Curtains or Butcher Baker Nightmare Maker.
    8. Shlockjock81
      Shlockjock81
      *crosses fingers*
    9. chancetx
      chancetx
      Would love either of those (I swear Code Red has been promising "Butcher, Baker" for about 10 years now. Just release it already!)

Any chance for "The Boogens"?
    10. JGrendel
      JGrendel
      This awesome deffinately picking these up.
    11. FinalSora
      FinalSora
      Those are both doubtful, especially Curtains.

I am hoping that it's MORTUARY. Scorpion acquired HOSR which was a Liberation/Genius property, and last that I saw Mortuary was on Liberation's roster of unreleased titles.
      Last edited: May 25, 2011
    12. FinalSora
      FinalSora
      I wish! However, that is impossible since I believe either Lion's Gate or Paramount has the rights to that one.
    13. Katatonia
      Katatonia
      It's not impossible if Paramount still controls the domestic rights. They've licensed out many of their films to other studios in the last few years.

However they've indeed licensed some films to Lionsgate, so that could be the confusion with those two studios about the rights for The Boogens.
    14. Shawn Francis
      Shawn Francis
      When this news firts broke a emailed Scorpion a list of movies, asking them if any of these were going to be released. THE BOOGENS was on it. They said NOTHING on my list was part of their deal. As far as I know Shout is still trying to get THE BOOGENS from Paramount.
    15. FinalSora
      FinalSora
      Was MORTUARY on your list? Please say no...;)
    16. Shawn Francis
      Shawn Francis
      No, it wasn't. Didn't even think of that one. D'Oh! I can always email them, and ask.
    17. Shawn Francis
      Shawn Francis
      I emailed Scorpion about MORTUARY, asking if it was part of this movie deal they made, and he said, "No, but I'll look into it." So, for all you fans, there may still be hope. I never saw MORTUARY. Heard of it, but never saw it.
    18. ronnie21
      ronnie21
      Mortuary was not that great. it looks really dated. but has some decent nudity and early bill paxton, and that blonde hair dude from humongous. The trailer was better than the movie. and cool poster. I use to have this poster on my wall in 84, i got from a video rental store. it was on the vestron label..
    19. Body Boy
      Body Boy
      I like dated. It can often add to the feel.
    20. FinalSora
      FinalSora
      I think Mortuary is a great slasher flick! You got Christopher George, Bill Paxton, and a doomy, off-beat atmosphere. The kill scenes with embalming tools are especially vicious. This deserves a DVD release. It's a real treat for most hardcore slasher fans.

Thanks for inquiring about that one, Shawn!