BREAKING: Scorpion to release Humongous & More on New Line

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, May 12, 2011.

By rhett on May 12, 2011 at 8:00 AM
  1. rhett

rhett Administrator

80s horror fans have already had a few nice surprises this year with announcements like SLEDGEHAMMER, but this one takes the cake. Scorpiron Releasing will be debuting the following favorites coming out in September: HUMONGOUS, AMERICAN NIGHTMARE, THE CARPENTER, THE DEVIL WITHIN HER, THE HUMAN EXPERIMENTS, THE MARK OF CAIN and NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT. As if that weren't good enough, they're also re-releasing the beloved and hard to find FINAL EXAM, THE INCUBUS and THE HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW. All nine DVDs will be on a new "Katrina's Nightmare Theatre" line featuring intros and extros by WWE star Katarina Leigh Walters. It's about time we had a new Elvira!

I'm salivating too much at the thought of finally seeing the Canadian giallo sleeze-classic, AMERICAN NIGHTMARE cleaned up on DVD. I'll just go ahead and quote their official press release:

Also, here's a sample of the cover art for each disc, staying very true to the original poster art:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Excited?

Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Comments

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, May 12, 2011.

1. Demoni
      Demoni
      Great.
    2. JGrendel
      JGrendel

Yeah I know, I already own a copy of this film & they go & do this bastards!!!!!
    3. Erick H.
      Erick H.
      I already have a British release of THE DEVIL WITHIN HER under the title THE MONSTER.It came in a box set with the anthology THE UNCANNY and Hammer's HANDS OF THE RIPPER.Those were all good copies,I'll have to see some comparrisons before I double dip.
    4. JGrendel
      JGrendel
      Same here.
    5. Katatonia
      Katatonia
      True, but to be fair the disc has been OOP for quite some time now and it is a different studio releasing it.
    6. rhett
      rhett
      Blasphemy!!!

[​IMG]
    7. JGrendel
      JGrendel
      I understand that, what irks me is that I would rather spend my money on the movies I don't have instead of having to upgrade the ones I do.
    8. Erick H.
      Erick H.
      In this economy my purchases are WAY down.
    9. rhett
      rhett
      Sorry buddy, but you're going to have to upgrade! Scorpion's FINAL EXAM is a great improvement both for audio and video:

HORROR DIGITAL Review
    10. JGrendel
      JGrendel
      Damn it!!!!
    11. Stige
      Stige
      crap....
      I dread hearing how house on sorority row, and incubus are major improvtments as well...... ( just thinking a worst case scenario):nervous:

oh well double triple and quadruple dips are nothing new to me anymore:rolleyes:
    12. Katatonia
      Katatonia
      WOW! :eek1: That's a pretty massive jump in visuals, for DVD that is.

I'm glad I pre-ordered it early when it was cheap!

I've been very impressed with all of Scorpion's DVD releases in the past. They truly seem to care about getting a professional job done on their releases.
      Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
    13. CPT HOOK
      CPT HOOK
      I agree. I'd love to see them enter the blu-ray game. Then I wouldn't hesitate about upgrading Final Exam and House On Sorority Row.
    14. Mutilated Prey
      Mutilated Prey
      You make a good point. Could we be seeing these titles on Blu in the future? Scorpion seems to have their act together a little bit better than Code Red (no offense - I love Code Red). I wonder if I should just hold off. With my luck these Scorpion titles will go OOP and there will be no Blu's :mad:
    15. JGrendel
      JGrendel
      Yeah I hear ya on that one, would all these titles in blu. I'm still on the fence about having to upgrade films I already own on dvd.
    16. Body Boy
      Body Boy
      OMG! The jump up in quality is amazing. :eek: Paired with more features and the original poster art...DAMN! I may actually double dip on this. But I have to get Humongous first!
    17. Nailwraps
      Nailwraps
      Man, that new Final Exam transfer is off the hook! :D
    18. Katatonia
    19. ronnie21
      ronnie21
      looks like the picture rating went from a one and a half stars to 3 and a half. thats quite an upgrade...
    20. elDomenechHDG
      elDomenechHDG
      I'm going to double dip on Final Exam because I love the movie and want the best possible version of it but I don't consider these versions "upgrades" because they're still DVD only. DVD is a low resolution format, just like VHS was inferior to DVD. Any true upgrade will be when these hit Blu-ray. I don't see that happening any time soon so there's another reason for me to get these.