Brutal Massacre: A Comedy

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Jun 23, 2008.

1. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I just stumbled upon this movie "Brutal Massacre: A Comedy" on DVDactive, and it sounds like it could be worth checking out. It's got a great cast including David Naughton, Brian O'Halloran, Ken Foree, Gunnar Hansen, and Ellen Sandweiss. And it's also directed by Stevan Mena who made Malevolence, which I really enjoyed. I've never heard of this one before. It streets on DVD on July 22nd, 2008.

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/brutal-massacre-a-comedy.html

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  2. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

watched the trailer it looks crappy will pass on it

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I loved it! It was good on the first viewing, but even better after watching it again. The comedy is just so absurd that it works brilliantly in the context presented. True, some of it falls flat, but that's true with most comedies. There are also several "name" cameos that any horror fan should appreciate seeing.

In short, a recommended low-budget mockumentary...about low-budget filmmaking!

4. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

It's... not that great... if you wanna see a bunch of probably embarrassed horror actors bumbling around then give'er... oh and it has that one guy from Clerks in it and he is just awful awful awful... as usual... *shrugs*

5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

It looks like director Steven Mena is self-distributing a blu-ray of Brutal Massacre to go along with his Malevolence blu-rays.

I love the Malevolence movies, but might pass on this one. It's okay, but to be honest the making-of featurette on the Malevolence disc gives you everything this movie does, only better.

Release date is April 28th.

[​IMG]