Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Dave, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Nos4ah2

Nos4ah2 Guest

Walmart in Orlando FL had both out already.
    Around $13.
    Takes a bit of digging through to find one where the slipcover wasn't beat to hell though!

2. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

Just picked up The Fly at Wal-Mart about 4 hours ago. I purchased The Fly and put The Fly 2 on Layaway for Christmas. There was only 1 copy of The Fly. Thank you Wal-Mart for putting it out early.

3. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

I Gave In And Bought Part 2 The Extras For Both Films Are Really Great

4. zuvembie

zuvembie Member

In the DVDTalk.com: DVD Bargains forum, they're showing a "2 for $20" sale that includes The Fly and The Fly 2 at Best Buy coming in their Sunday ad this weekend. Here's the whole list from the post:

7 Seconds
    A Man Apart
    Alien vs Predator
    Anacondas
    Assault On Precinct 13 (Remake)
    Bad Boys
    Bad Boys 2
    Blade 2
    Catwoman
    Cookout
    Dodgeball
    Don't Be A Menace
    Equilibrium
    Gangs Of New York
    Gladiator (Cuba Gooding Jr)
    Hero
    I, Robot
    Jackie Brown
    King Of New York
    Punisher
    Scarface
    Scary Movie 3.5
    Sling Blade
    Terminator 2: Judgement Day
    The Color Purple
    The Fly
    The Fly 2
    Tomb Raider
    Tombstone
    Top Gun

I can finally get that copy of Catwoman I've always wanted!

5. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

The reason why Walmarts put the DVDs of Fly an Fly 2 up on the shelves is because they were sent as part of the new DVD mod change for most stores but the boxes they were in weren't labeled as a new release and marked as an October 4th release. My store had them out early too, I put them up myself. Almost bought The Fly and Willard tonight.

6. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Bought The Fly on Saturday at Wal-Mart and have to say this has got to be one of the best DVD releases of the year by far. The documentary, which is much longer than the movie itself, really goes in-depth into the making of the film, and Cronenberg's commentary is fun and interesting, as expected. I couldn't believe how many great extras they packed onto this set; it was fascinating to go through all the deleted scenes, particularly the monkey-cat sequence (which I thought was creepy and effective on its own, but wouldn't really fit into the movie well at all). All in all, an amazing release that every fan of the film should own!

I was very tempted to pick up The Fly 2 as well, but while I liked that film, there are so many better ones that I need to buy first.

7. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Best Buy has it this week for $10, if you buy another DVD from a list in their flyer. The original Fly/Fly II DVD is one of the choices.

8. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

I checked Wal-Mart this morning, but no dice. Oh well, I'll have to wait for two more weeks now though since I just spent my whole paycheck. Of course it was pretty weak since I was just on vacation.

9. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

Dan, you're missing out! :p These special editions are worth it.
    I hated the alternate butterfly baby ending. Can you guys imagine that being in the final cut? I would've lost some respect for Cronenberg.

10. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Extras are good Mark but a newer and better video transfer is what would push me over the edge.

11. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

The Best Buy here had it for $9.99, with or without another dvd for $20. In fact, all the 2 for 20 titles were marked $9.99 OR 2 for 20. I grabbed Don't Be A Menace since it was the new disc & I've been waiting for it.
    Also Man With The Screaming Brain was $9.99 (normal price it looked like), although the ad in the Sunday paper said $11 or 12.99. Didn't see any Reward Zone Members Only prices, so BB is back off the shit list this week. :)

12. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Haha, I actually thought that was a rather interesting ending myself. The ending we got is infinitely better though, no doubt.

13. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thinks the white amaray cover is better than the black slip case? I personally tossed the black case to the side once I got home.

14. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Just got done watching most of the extra disc.
    Kudos to Fox, that is one of the finest docs I've ever seen.

Also glad they kept the butterfly baby ending (any form of it) out, but it was cool and interesting to see. Probably the same with monkey-cat, but that is just an awesome deleted sequence.