Cannibal Apocalypse Blu-ray Coming from Kino

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zombi3, Mar 19, 2019.

1. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

According to Blu-ray.com, Antonio Margheriti's Cannibal Apocalypse will be released this summer from a new 4k master. Good news although no word yet on special features...

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=24800

"Kino Lorber have confirmed that they are preparing a Blu-ray release of Antonio Margheriti's film Cannibal Apocalypse (1980), starring John Saxon, Elizabeth Turner, Giovanni Lombardo Radice, Cinzia De Carolis, and Ramiro Oliveros. The release is expected to arrive on the market later this summer.

Synopsis: It starts off in Vietnam where Norman Hopper gets bitten by P.O.W. Charlie Bukowski who has been infected with some sort of cannibal virus. A few decades later in Atlanta, Georgia, Hopper wakes up from a nightmare flashback of what actually happened back in 'Nam. Hopper then receives a call from Bukowski asking him if he wants to go out for a drink but Hopper refuses remembering the incident in 'Nam. Bukowski has turned into a cannibal and is soon on the run after biting into a woman's neck. He barricades himself in a department store and shoots some folks with a shotgun. The cannibal virus spreads and soon Hopper joins veterans Bukowski and Tom Thompson along with some others to wreak some havoc... 4K REMASTER."

gobad2003, Erick H., Steel76 and 2 others like this.
  2. napalm baby

napalm baby Member

Amazing news , day one purchase to sit alongside my Blu's of Holocaust & Ferox.
    These 3 cannibal flicks were my favorite of the 80's bunch growing up in the nasties era !

Steel76 likes this.
  3. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Day one purchase but it's not among my favorite cannibal flicks. It doesn't even feel like one most of the time. I guess the Atlanta setting may have something to do with it. I can see Kino going all out with this, maybe even commissioning a slipcover.

gobad2003 likes this.
  4. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Terrible movie. And I'm getting it anyway.

(It still weirds me out that the nubile teen who seduces John Saxon was the little girl in Argento's Cat O'Nine Tails)

russweiss likes this.
  5. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

She also made an appearance in Giorgio Ferroni's 1972 vampire flick Night of the Devils.