Cannibal Apocalypse Easter Eggs

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by gunner, Mar 22, 2002.

1. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

Just thought I'd give a heads up on how to uncover the 3 hidden trailers on the new Cannibal Apocalypse dvd.If you want to find them yourself don't read on...
    ---in the extras menu highlight the "main" icon then press the left button on your remote, this will reveal a trailer for "Cannibal Holocaust"
    ---in the filmographies menu highlight the arrow for John Saxon's filmography and press the right button on your remote, this will reveal an italian trailer for "The Girl Who Knew Too Much"
    ---also in the filmographies menu highlight the arrow icon for John Morghen's filmography and press the left botton on your remote,this will reveal a trailer for "Cannibal Ferox"

Last edited: Mar 22, 2002
  2. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

thanks for the heads up.
    i wonder if Image having the Cannibal Holocaust trailer on there shows good signs of that Grindhouse disc comin out soon... didnt image and grindhouse work together for Cannibal Ferox

anyways my real question is, did you find this in a store or order it online? i was gonna go out tomorrow lookin for this flick, altho i dont have much hope in finding it.

3. Lindane

Lindane Guest

I found mine at a store. However, I checked at Best Buy and they don't carry it, so I think it might be a little tougher to find. The place I got it from is a whole in the wall idependant sort of store

4. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

I ordered mine through dvdplanet but I do know that Borders Bookstores will be carrying it.A clerk at the one near me said they would have one copy on the shelves release day. This disc is certainly a must have,wait until you see the transfer.

5. DefJeff

Boarders eh .. i was gonan cehck there today, as well as Media Play, ive never seen the euroshock line at best buy, so i was gonna skip that one...
    thanks for the info guys, now i havent completly given up hope, like i have with the Evil Laugh dvd

6. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Poor Evil Laugh :( I haven't found it either.

I'd check Tower. They have most of the Euroshock titles and it'll probably be on sale since it's new. $25 maybe. I dunno if you're willing to pay that much though, just a thought.

7. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Best Buy has CANNIBAL APOCALYPSE for $20. They've carried several Euroshock titles in the past, including VOICES FROM BEYOND, AENIGMA, THE FLESH AND THE FIENDS, REVENGE IN THE HOUSE OF USHER, DOOMWATCH, etc, all for $20.

8. Pukenstein

Pukenstein New Member

My Best Buy didn't have it.

9. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I checked online at the va. Beach Best Buy and it said only available online. Well i went there anyway and there it was only 1 copy for $19.99. Of course I grabbed it but dammit still no sign of Jungle Holocaust!

10. mazzariniuk

mazzariniuk Guest

Good film on an excellent DVD.

I have been waiting to see CANNIBAL APOCALYPSE for years, and it was worth it. I am very happy it was Image who got hold of this, because their presentation of this film is superb, the quality is right up there with their DVD of THE FLESH AND THE FIENDS. The extras are fun and informative, as extras should be. Good to see a Margheriti film get the attention all his films deserve.

11. bruce h

Humorously enough while assembling the supplements everyone involved forgot that Something Weird has the US theatrical trailer as INVASION OF THE FLESH HUNTERS! Don't worry though, it's going to appear on a future SWV disc (since it's such a cool trailer), most probably the double-feature of NIGHT OF THE BLOODY APES and The DEADLY ORGAN.

12. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

Hey Bruce H., Whats your deal? I knew you said you assisted Grindhouse on the Cannibal Holocaust supplements and even mentioned we could probably hear you laugh in the background of the commentary that was recorded when Deodato calls Robert Kerman fat. But I also noticed you or blaster saying that one of you would buy the other a beer the next time you saw each other. Now your saying that you know exclusive info on stuff that is going to appear on a future Something Weird dvd release and post other exclusive upcoming news quite frequently.Not that I mind getting the news you give,I just wanted to know... Are you some kind of Euro Cult DVD Production Groupie or something? If so,how do I get on the bandwagon?

13. DefJeff

bruce h is the man!! no one gives a verbal beat down better then him!!

14. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO

Picked mine up at best buy friday night 19.99

15. mazzariniuk

mazzariniuk Guest

skinnypuppy6

Living in Atlanta makes it possible for you to check out the filming locations ... also nice to see Umberto Lenzi's FROM HELL TO VICTORY get some screen time, this was, I guess the only way the producers could get anyone to see the Lenzi film...

16. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

FROM HELL TO VICTORY

Now where's that DVD SE:) as for the filming locations I pass the flea market twice a week( I once had a stereo installed in my car there) as for the dvd it look super I think this is the best looking dvd IMAGE has released I love all the extras

17. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Easter Eggs

During the Cannibal Ferox trailer, I noticed some brief bits of that annoying picture breakup into little boxes that everyone hates (particularly during the scene where Rudy smacks the shit out of an hysterical Pat). Did anyone else notice this, or did I get a lemon?

18. Pukenstein

Pukenstein New Member

Re: Easter Eggs

My trailer played fine.

19. bruce h

gunner - I help out where I can.

zombi3 - the digital break-up during the FEROX trailer happens on my copy as well (on all three of my DVD players). I also noticed the HOLOCAUST trailer was "jumpy" in spots where it shouldn't have been. Everything else seems to be fine.