Cannibal Apocalypse Easter Eggs

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by gunner, Mar 22, 2002.

1. Pukenstein

Pukenstein New Member

My Holocaust trailer jumps as well, will check Ferox again.

2. Trout

Trout Guest

Re: Easter Eggs

Mine did the same.

3. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

Why was the Cannibal Holocaust trailer included on the Image disk do they own the rights to the movie because i thought grindhouse owned the rights.

4. crypt33

crypt33 Guest

hehe

yep, Bruce IS the man, but don't even THINK about mentioning getting any release of CH besides the (perpetually)upcoming Grindhouse release, or you WILL get one of the aforementioned "verbal beatdowns" :)

heehee---Bruce is gonna rip me a new one for saying that ;) that man LOVES his Grindhouse!

5. betterdan

betterdan Guest

My copy also had breakup during cannibal Ferox and Holocaust. Those trailers looked awful on my bigscreen. The holocaust trailer looked just like the one off the Substance dvd skips and all. Oh well the Apacolypse transfer looked great though. Didn't like the movie as much as Ferox, Slave of the Cannibal God or holocaust though. Still waiting to find Jungle Holocaust looks like I'll have to get it online....

6. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

Re: hehe

oops i already got the EC Remastered one!!!!!!! ::::runs for cover::::

7. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Here's how it goes - the guy that was working on the CANNIBAL APOCALYPSE disc thought it would be nice to add an Easter Egg trailer of CANNIBAL FEROX, since it also stars John Morghen. He called Grindhouse and asked permission to which Grindhouse replied "Sure, if you add CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST as well." And that's it. There's no upcoming Image release of CH.

As for my ranting/raving about the CH disc - Spend your money on what you want, just know that it's a waste as there is a better version on the way. I personally prefer to spend money on titles I don't think I'll have to rebuy in the future, as I like having the best possible version available.

8. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Easter Eggs...

...Thanks for the input guys. :)

9. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

When is the new CH dvd coming out by grindhouse?

10. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Has anyone not had this problem? I guess there's no point in trying to exchange it for another copy, as it seems to be a mastering issue, rather than a defect on the dvds themselves.

11. Pukenstein

Pukenstein New Member

Checked mine again and it's the same. probably all copies.

12. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Yeah same.

After watching the Easter Eggs, my interest is slightly peaked. The Cannibal Ferox trailer looks totally brutal, and disgusting from the look of things. It doesn't look to be my cup o' tea.

The Cannibal Holocaust trailer, however, makes me kinda wanna see it. But after reading countless reviews describing how sick it is, I'm wondering if this was a more tasteful trailer that skimmed on the gory bits. Cuz it actually looks to be a disturbing film with some merit (the video camera, 1st person view thing looks awesome). But I'm still not sure about the whole animal killing thing. Who knows.

Any suggestions though? I watched Cannibal Apocalypse and found it to be pretty un-gory compared to what I was expecting. John Morghen is one cool motherfucker though :D. Saxon too, gotta love the whole "100 roles as a police man/detective/army guy" thing he's got goin' on :). Cool flick though, can't wait till I get home to watch the extras.

13. Pukenstein

Pukenstein New Member

Haven't seen Holocaust yet. But the Ferox trailer shows some of the big gore scenes, but not the animal stuff, etc. The trailer makes it look worse than it is. I like Ferox better than Apocalypse(due to lack of gore). Pretty good movie though.

14. slinker

slinker Un-Holy Force.

Believe me `Cannibal Holocaust` is certainly not for the sqeemish or those who hate to see animals dissected!! if you can handle watching forced abortions, rape, torture and gut munching then you just might survive, I think Holocaust is far more disturbing than Ferox which is just kinda goofy and over the top! (but i still loved every minute aside from the animal slaughter :D its certainly a guilty pleasure!)

15. Lindane

Lindane Guest

Cannibal Holocaust definitely surpases Ferox in the violence and gore department! If you thought the trailer for Ferox looked brutal than you should probably not watch CH. I however think both of these movies rock some serious ass!!:)

16. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Holocaust is famed for its brutality. It relies solely on shock value to get its point across, and in that respect, it succeeds. It is genuinely disturbing, down-beat, and depressing. I think the trailer carries that sort of feeling with it.

Ferox's shock value, on the other hand, is significantly softened by cheesy one-liners and hysterical over-acting, which (even if unintentionally) makes for a fun movie.

17. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I see. I probably won't see either for a long time (if ever), I was just wondering.

Watched Cannibal Apocalypse Redux last night, and it was actually awesome. Margharetti (sp) reminds me of a few of my uncles in that happy friendly Italian way. Morghen looked a bit too much like a skinhead, but he's still cool. Liked how he showed distaste for all the animal killings and what not. He's a cool guy, atleast it seems so. Saxon's great, haha I love how he can't remember shit. Plus the fact that he's never seen it is odd. And who was doing the interview? Saxon got one thing right (said Black Christmas was '75) and the fucker told him he was wrong (said '73). People... Still cool though, as they all shared some great stories.

One more thing, is it Cannibal Ferox like fear or Ferox like fair? I always get confused with the pronunciation of some of this stuff.

18. Trout

Trout Guest

You've never seen either? Holocaust is far more brutal and disturbing than Ferox.

19. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

..keep in mind Andy is a young lad of 13

20. Trout

Trout Guest

and your point is? :D