Cannibal Ferox Tin

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Jason25, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

Received a review copy of the Cannibal Ferox Ultra Bit Tin from Sazuma and all I can say is "Wow", talk about impressive!

The transfer, from a brief first look, is stunning. Colors are vibrant and crisp. This seems to be a big step up from the Grindhouse DVD. Sazuma has this marked as a Region 2 - PAL DVD but it is actually Region 0 - PAL.

I tried to attach some pics but they were all over the size limit. If you are interested in seeing them, check the site in my sig.

Anyone else pick this up?

2. theskank

theskank Guest

You sure did a good job of hiding the pictures, if they even do exist on your site.

3. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

Didn't think anyone would look so quickly, they are uploading now, give it a few minutes and they will be there.

4. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

You seem so unfriendly theskank.You can't be that skanky?:lol: :lol:

5. theskank

theskank Guest

I'm just overworked right now and I just stop on the PC to order some stuff and get some info on releases. So when I go to a site and I expect to see pictures and stuff and I'm clicking around the site trying to find pictures that don't exist it just annoyed me.

6. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

Relax.We are all overworked in one way or another.If you look at someone like jason25 who has tons of posts you can be sure he isn't steering you wrong.
    I like a lot of the cannibal movies but I'm not sure Cannibal Ferox is one of my favorites.I much more enjoy watching humans killed over animals.

7. theskank

theskank Guest

I am a lover of Animals but Cannibal Ferox is like the only movie where you get to see women being called "cunts" and then getting slapped. It's too funny.

8. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

Jungle Holocaust and Eaten Alive are two of my favorites.I have yet to see Cannibal Holocaust.I was holding out for the Grindhouse release but finally decided to buy th EC Entertainment copy from the ever popular Mr.Foo.I am excited about seeing it.

9. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

You really should have sprung for the Grindhouse on this one. The transfer isn't very good, but it's watchable, and the extras are amazingly entertaining.

10. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

Should be uploaded now.

I'm a huge fan of Cannibal films. Ferox, Man From Deep River, Last Cannibal World, Eaten Alive, all are favorites and that is just the tip of the iceberg. There are many more good to very good cannibal films

walkingdude13 - Cannibal Holocaust is a blast. Which EC version did you get?

11. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

I think you are talking about the Grindhouse Cannibal Ferox.I have had that twice.I am talking about the upcoming release of Cannibal Holocaust which is supposed to be coming from Grindhouse along with a better version of Pieces.

12. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

cool :D

13. It's hard to tell from your small screenshots, but the compression looks to be a lot better than the previous Sazuma release, which, although anamorphic, was compressed beyond belief.

DJ

14. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

Good point, the compression is much better.

I'll post some larger screen shots to show how good this transfer looks.

15. Alan Yates

Alan Yates Guest

Mine landed on my doorstep this morning.
    stunning quality Picture with a very high bitrate throughout, probably as clean and good as you'll get really considering the age and quality of the original materials. hammers both grindhouse and the older sazuma releases into the ground anyway.
    Would have been nice to have the commentary from the grindhouse release but I bet that would have cost sazuma lots in licencing.
    also got a mouse mat and some german lobby cards with it. all in all worth getting.

16. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Sorry... got confused because you quoted something Jason said about Cannibal Ferox.

17. Regurgitate

Regurgitate New Member

Is this only available from Sazuma? I have the original Sazuma release but I'd spring for the new one with the better transfer and all. I just wonder if it would get a re-release here. I've gone through 3 multi region DVD players and will not invest in another one and my HTPC is loud. Probably wont get this but I want it cause this is one of my favorite cannibal flicks. The cheeseball story just can't avoid being classic and highly entertaining.

18. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Thought Cannibal Ferox sucked, as far as entertainment value I'll take Slave Of The Cannibal God or Trap Them and Kill Them over that one any day.

19. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

I think Grindhouse should re-release this too, with all their original extras and a brand new transfer. The print on the old disc was pretty beat up.

20. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

Sazuma Ferox

Anyone knows a decent site to buy Sazuma's CANNIBAL FEROX from?....