Cannibal Ferox Tin

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Jason25, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Faceman

Faceman Guest

I saw some screenshots over at DVDBeaver and the transfer, personally it doesn't look good enough to double dip.

2. Regurgitate

Regurgitate New Member

I don't see any beaver shots, er.... I mean shots on DVDBeaver. There's some screenshots on dvdmaniacs but they're too small to tell. Hopefully I'll get mine soon. I tend to not take anyone's word on something like this and am only satisfied when I can judge for myself. I still think that the original Sazuma DVD is pretty good for when it came out. Anamorphic back when AB was still inconsistent on the matter. It was heads and shoulders above other production companies that remained clueless to the benefits even late in the DVD game. I have no respect for a company that just uses their old laserdisc transfers or whatevers on the shelf at the european distributor.

3. Alan Yates

Alan Yates Guest

I may be 'new' here but if another person PM's me to ask If I will Rip them a version I'll send them straight to the Mods :mad:

4. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Yeah, it really isn't worth ripping. Part of the deal is that it comes in a cool, reasonable sized tin. The other is the anamorphic transfer. You should really like this film to double dip.

5. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

Found the "beaver shots":
    http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDReviews7/cannibalferox.htm

Today I ran into the old Sazuma disk at the local cd store.Which is very strange since it's an import and as a rule they don't do imports.Anyway it was only €10 so I just bought it (actually my wife bought it for me!:cool: ).And I don't even really like this kind of films.But I couldn't stand the thought that someone else would buy this Lenzi classic :D.
    Gonne check it out soon...

6. Regurgitate

Regurgitate New Member

I just got mine. The tin is kinda generic and the trailers are the exact same as the previous sazuma disc. I was hoping they'd have a remastered italian trailer. The transfer of the feature is a lot better than the old Sazuma disc. Sharper, less compressed, and slightly more colorful. Also on the old disc frames were blended together, probably from bad mpeg compression. The new disc is frame accurate and theres no blending. The sound is better too.

The old disc came with a decent sized booklet with a lenzi bio, still images from the movie, and a Lenzi discography with box art. The new release has a bundle of really nice lobby cards that are postcards.(I doubt most of them would go through the mail, pretty graphic)...

OK.. worth 40 bucks? Um... I don't know, maybe, I own it now so no going back for me.

7. Craig

Craig New Member

Is all the packaging on the Sazuma DVD in English? Or does it have Austrian all over it - which is fair enough since it isn't an English release.

8. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

those captures on the dvd beaver page look awful. they dont look as good as some sites say the new transfer is