CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST DVD battles censors

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by dwatts, Aug 27, 2005.

1. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Surely a publicity event in this day and age?

2. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

This has been posted already. ;)

3. dwatts

dwatts New Member

k :)

I bet the quotes worked in that post :D

4. Criswell

Criswell New Member

Gee I wonder how many people around the world have a boot of this film??????

You know......the one you bought from Germany, with the Japanese Subs and Turkish Titles......... :D :D :D :D

5. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I actually could care less about this release myself -the ultrabit was just sooooo good....

6. Spacevis

Spacevis There's some Dettol in the jeep!

yeah, me too. I have the ultrabit release and I don't see why I should double dip.

7. betterdan

betterdan Guest

As soon as they quit screwing around and put this out I'll snatch it up then I can start waiting on Pieces.

8. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

9. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

That's what I said last time, it was not to brag but just to remind people here that they do not need to wait and put up with this nonsense when the ulitmate version of this film was already released a long time ago. I also posted tons of photos of DVD covers and more with that image that they claim no one else would dare use. Give me a break.

http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=20877&page=4&highlight=CANNIBAL+HOLOCAUST

10. Stige

Stige Active Member

I have the EC release, maybe I should just buy the ultrabit release and say fuck you to the grindhouse release once and for all

11. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

I bought the limited edition Ultrabit version last year and have no regrets. The image quality is simply awesome - the film looks brand new.
    Unless there's additional footage in the Grindhouse version, they'll have well and truly missed the boat with this one.
    As for a publicity stunt, I don't know. People are quite jumpy in this politically correct age...

12. Surge92

Surge92 Guest

I have been thinking the same thing myself, especially now that I have a region-free player that does proper PAL to NTSC conversion. Having to wait four years for Grindhouse's release is long enough.

13. horrorlover

horrorlover Member

I rented Cannibal Holocaust and wasn't too impressed, it was ok, but I thought Cannibal Ferox was much better, I just don't see it to be the greatest dvd release of all time the way Grindhouse seems to think it is. I hope it turns out well, but I don't wait 4 years for a dvd, I'd get one of the many other dvd releases out there of this movie.

14. Surge92

Surge92 Guest

I have a copy of the 2001 EC re-issue, but had been waiting for a completely uncut, definitive transfer, NTSC release of this film. Now that I have a player that can handle PAL discs, that is no longer much of an issue. I love Cannibal Ferox also, but Holocaust's grimmer, more realistic tone, not to mention the unforgettable music score by Riz Ortolani, makes it superior in my opinion.

15. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I own Cannibal Ferox on DVD, and Cannibal Holocaust on VCD, but if Grindhouse Releasing doesn't release Cannibal Holocaust October 25th, I will probably buy the Ultra Bit version since I have a Region-Free player, and right now, the only Region 2 DVDs I have are Masouleum, and Scanners Box Set that came out last month.

16. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I hope it meets the Oct. 25th street date with everything intact.

17. I do hope this does come out as us fans been waiting far too long, can someone post a picture of this Ultrabit version everyone is talking about as you got my interest (thanks). I noticed that on Xploited Cinema website, they have the beautiful soundtrack by Riz Ortolani now availabe. I have never heard of a more beautiful soundtrack as Riz Orzorlani, i must have this.

18. Surge92

Surge92 Guest

Follow this link to Xploited's website for pics and more info on EC's Ultrabit release.

www.xploitedcinema.com/dvds/dvds.asp?title=2275

19. Surge92

Surge92 Guest

Those of you that own the Cannibal Holocaust or Cannibal Ferox Ultrabit versions from EC, Xploited told me that they come "sealed" but not shrink-wrapped from the factory. Does that mean they come with one those horrid security labels or something entirely different? Also, I'm not crazy at all about the way the Ultrabit Cannibal Holocaust discs are encased (one partially on top of the other from the looks of it). It seems to me like the top one would be more susceptible to scratching that way. Has anyone encountered that problem?

My Humble DVD Collection