CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST Limited Edition 2 Disc Set

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Derrick Howes, Nov 6, 2003.

1. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Got my email. I get mine in under two weeks. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

2. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

I got an e-mail informing me that it has been shipped :)

3. chrishicks

chrishicks classic is back!!!

got mine today. I guess it helps that I only live 1 state over from them. and I used media mail to boot.

4. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

But most of us can scarf down a steak without a moments thought or two pounds of chicken wings. Or go hunting with your dad and kill a couple of dear for the sport of it.

I don't think any of us watch Cannibal Holocaust for the animal cruelty. it just unfortunately happens to be the film. You can either look at it for what it is, which is a film that comes from a time in horror history when film makers unfortunately used animal killings as part of the shock value . Or you can let it bother you and don't watch it at all. Watching the film does in no way mean you condone the senseless slaughter of animals though.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2003
  5. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Well said!

6. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I just wanted to congratulate chrishicks for showing enormous taste, and bringing back the dancing banana. Good on ya!

7. I got the disc today. I only popped through it quickly this morning, but the transfer looked great. I was afraid that the color might be all out of whack and oversatured, like the Ultrabit release of House by the Cemetery appears to be. Thankfully, the colors looked right to me in comparison to how I remember Grindhouse's theatrical print looking a few months ago. My TV isn't anything special, so I'm not in a position to say whether the transfer meets the requirements of those with high-end displays, but it looks wonderful to me.

DJ

8. chrishicks

I'm glad you like.:)

9. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I like the dancing girl avatar better :( But what do I know? I have no taste. :)

10. chrishicks

I'll bring her back at some point. I wanted a change and plus I missed the banana.

11. Is anyone else out there using the Cyberhome CH-500 to watch this disc? When going through the disc more this evening, I found a very odd glitch. I went to the 'Last Road to Hell' sequence, and at about 42:24 into the film, the player suddenly reset! The screen just goes to black and the player starts up again, reading the disc as if I've just loaded it into the player. The problem happens every time I go to that moment, but if I do the 4x fast forwarding, the problem doesn't occur. I thought this might be the location of the layer change, and that was the cause of the glitch, but even if I fast forward, the exact problem occurs again about 20 seconds later. I went back to the beginning of the film and watched about 10 or 12 minutes straight through, and it had no problems at all with that portion of the film, so it's not just as if the player randomly cuts out every few minutes.

This is a pretty odd glitch, but I don't have another region-free player to check the disc out on. I know that the Cyberhome is particularly glitchy, but I've never had any problem even remotely like this with the player. I'd love to know if there is a specific player incompatibility with this disc (which I doubt, but it'd be great if someone could check for me), if my player is getting particularly glitchy, or if the disc is defective. Since I can't check this disc in another player, it seems my only real option is to try an exchange. I bought the disc from Xploited Cinema, and this was my first order from them, and I'd hate to get off to a bad start by exchanging a disc from my very first order. I'd also hate to hurt Tony by leaving him with a slightly used disc that may or may not be defective on other players.

Anyway, if anyone can try the "Last Road to Hell" sequence on their CH-500 for me, it'd be a big help and at least eliminate one possibility.

DJ

12. cdove

cdove Guest

I received the new Cannibal Holocaust dvd and, I must say that this is by far the
    best I have seen this film look. I've had previous versions of this film on dvd, and thought they looked fine, but this new ultra-bit package is even
    greater! I highly recommend it!
    As for the movie itself, it's probably the single most disturbing film I have ever seen, and believe me, I have had the privilege to view all kinds of films throughout my 25 years. Yet, it's crazy to think that such an unsettling film can be so good and that I
    can give it such praise!

13. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

I just got my copy today, wow that was fast!
    http://www.xploitedcinema.com/ rocks!

It looks stunningly beautiful!

Boy, am I ever happy I finally got a region free NTSC/PAL DVD player!

14. cdove

cdove Guest

Oh yeah, and major props go out to Tony over at Xploited from me as well. When it comes to price and customer service, they are the very best!

15. I would say that killing something for survival (and I'm really not passionate enough about the topic to argue about whether man needs to eat animals to survive, so I'll concede that point right now) is a little different than killing something for entertainment value. I've never seen Cannibal Holocaust myself so I can't talk about the film in particular, but I do have a hard time watching anything--man or animal--tortured or killed in real life (when Savini does it, though, it's all good). I guess if you're someplace where you can kill stuff on film and get away with it, use your discretion. I personally wouldn't ever do it, though. And yes, I'm including those poor little maggots in Suspiria in that statement. :eek1:

16. marcx

marcx New Member

"But most of us can scarf down a steak without a moments thought or two pounds of chicken wings. Or go hunting with your dad and kill a couple of dear for the sport of it."

I dont eat any red meat and never have or never will go hunting. Does that make me perfect..no? Did I say you shouldn't watch the movie? No. Its just not something I personally enjoy. I lso have no interest in faces of death or any of that...but thats just me....

17. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I've only seen Eaten Alive, and I the scenes of animals dying in it served well in establishing setting. It did not seem to me that any of the animals being killed were just for the sake of being killed and simply tossed aside. From what I recall it was just natives doing what they do every day, and still are doing.

I wouldn't say I watched Eaten Alive soley for entertainment, but I did find it very interesting. I did not consider it sensless and I feel that it established the enviroment very well.

Something like video taping yourself shooting down birds for kicks I'd call cruel, but documenting nature or a slaughter that happens day to day for food is hardly animal cruelty.

I'd agree that it's debatable how and why it was filmed, but I would not apperciate it if those elements were removed from the film; what's done is done and I plan on watching many other such cannibal films in the future.

18. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

It should be noted that ALL the animals killed in Cannibal Holocaust were eaten by the natives. That's their food, they were just killed in front of the cameras. Nothing was killed just for the hell of it, they were going to be killed for food anyway. No different than chickens, pigs, fish, and cows are killed everyday for us to eat. Remember people, it's just a movie, it's not a snuff film.

19. grant666uk

grant666uk Guest

I ordered this and the BLOOD FOR DRACULA & FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN - 2 DVD SET.

My first time using xploited cinema. Dvd was sent on the 4th and its got a long way to go. All the way to Scotland UK.

I hope they come tomorrow.

20. Hope you get the DVD. Customs stole mine, something about them believing it to be obscene ... so what they are trying to tell me is they don't know. Funny how they let me have the Italian version a month back, must be the cover artwork on the EC version.