Cat in the brain region 1 grindhouse dvd coming in 2009

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by fceurich39, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

2. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

That is mega awesome right there.

3. Cardiac Tom

Cardiac Tom Guest

Ran across this today...

On 31 March 2009 Grindhouse Releasing will issue a "Deluxe Edition" of Lucio Fulci's A Cat in the Brain (Un gatto nel cervello / Nightmare Concert). As many of you may remember, Grindhouse had previously issued the movie on laserdisc back in the 90s.

Synopsis:
    Directed by Italian Horror film director Lucio Fulci (The Beyond, Zombie, House by the Cemetery, A Lizard in a Woman's Skin), 1990's A Cat in the Brain (Un gatto nel cervello) stars the sirector himself as a tortured... "director of horror films". When art and reality collide and after seeing several shocking and violent vision, the director begins to seek the council of a psychiatrist. Fulci's visions become reality a someone begins using the maestro's film's ideas to create real life murders and mayhem.

Does creating horror films make a director crazy? Are the manifestations of Fulci's creative alter ego something that he has fabricated? Could Fulci be "The Killer"? Or is his creative work coming to life in some kind of Frankenstein-like manner?

Taking his cue from several self-reflexive works by world renowned filmaker Federico Fellini (such as 81/2 and Roma) Lucio Fulci inserts himself intot he narrative, blending autobigraphy and plot as the overtaxed and over stimulated movie director trying to escape his horror film fantasies and delusions.

The film also stars spaghetti film staple BRETT HALSEY (The Cry-Baby Killer, Return of the Fly).

DVD Specs coming soon.

I have the Region 2 that was available and am happy with it, however, I want to be a Grindhouse completest...I don't mind that they take long for their releases...I know the situation with their schedules, so to me that is forgivable...I'm just happy with the quality of their releases...

4. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

5. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

"Cat in the Brain" is one of those titles that makes me want to watch the movie. Cat. In the brain. So ridiculous. Makes me happy to be a Horror fan.

6. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

...looks photoshopped. :lol:

7. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

That would be a sweet lenticular cover if it's real.

8. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

that cover looks interesting. i've never seen The cat in the Brain b4. i've only see the easter egg of it on the DVD for The Beyond.

9. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

Been wanting to get this movie forever, about time.

10. fceurich39

Update: Special features have been announced!

If you can pry your eyes away from the mesmerizing image on the left, we've got some important news for you Lucio Fulci lovers out there. Grindhouse Releasing is resurrecting the director's 1990 fever dream Cat in the Brain as a 2-disc special edition March 31st. Features include:

• A high-definition, widescreen anamorphic transfer of Fulci's uncensored director's cut.
    • An eye-popping, psychedelic lenticular 3-D cover, limited to the first 2,500 units only!
    • Never-before-seen, in-depth interviews with Lucio Fulci and star Brett Halsey (Revenge of the Creature, Return of the Fly).
    • English and original Italian-language soundtracks.
    • Lucio Fulci's heroic appearance at the 1996 Fangoria Weekend of Horrors in New York City.
    • An extensive gallery of stills and poster art from around the world.
    • Liner notes by Antonella Fulci, acclaimed horror novelist David J. Schow, and director Eli Roth.
    • Original theatrical trailer.

In the film, Fulci plays himself, a director of splatter horror films who is plagued by nightmarish visions. But said visions become a reality and someone is using the Italian maestro cinematic oeuvre as inspiration for murder. The question arises: Has Fulci flipped his lid? Is he the man responsible for the killings or is it something else?

Cat in the Brain is an acquired taste, still, Fulci's fans should no doubt be happy to see this title making a return to DVD.

11. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

Is that much?For a niche DVD of a mediocre (according to many) film it seems much.What do you think?

12. Regurgitate

Regurgitate New Member

I wonder if grindhouse releasing has learned enough from their previous mistakes and will make sure they have the progressive video flag set for Cat In The Brain.

13. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

14. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Yeppers.

I need to be mindful to pick this one up as I've yet to find a copy of Pieces anywhere.

15. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

I cant wait to see this movie, and by Grindhouse...ahh we'll have a really nice dvd i bet!!!

16. fceurich39

17. fceurich39

18. Odin

Odin Guest

3 more weeks and it'll be out!! Hopefully i'll get a copy with the lenticular cover.

19. fceurich39

only a few more days i can't wait my local independent store got two copies in but there in the back waiting to be put out on tuesday that store sometimes puts stuff out early but no dice here unfortuntly

20. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

I'm sorry I pre-ordered this from amazon and also sorry I didn't know I could cancel a pre-order. I saw a whole bunch of these for sale with the lenticular cover at Monster Mania and Amazon's expected ship date for my pre-order is something ridiculous like 4/6 the last time I checked... :/