Cat in the brain region 1 grindhouse dvd coming in 2009

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by fceurich39, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Seriously? That is weird. :eek2: Mine came with the Lenticular insert on the front, and the copy that Hastings had on the shelf also had it.

It almost seems as though they've initially pressed more than 2500 units, and mixed them all up in the retail sector from the get go. So, it's a flip of the coin...

2. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

Is the Lenticular something that can be easily removed? Or would you have to open the security stickers on the DVD to get to it?

I swear for whatever reason online retailers like to remove special covers, or things like slipcases before they ship.

3. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

So, the lenticular cover is already in the sleeve, and not in the DVD case itself? I ask because I purchased a copy on Ebay which clearly stated Limited Edition w/Lenticular Cover, and when it arrived today, the cover is the standard one.

4. Katatonia

No, the Lenticular cover is under the retail shrinkwrap, so they would have to unseal it to remove it.

It's just a lenticular plate insert that fits inside the case over the front cover...under the clear plastic of the case. It's not a seperate Slip Cover or anything like that, but you can remove it out of the front of the case. It's exactly like what Blue Underground did with The Final Countdown 2-disc LE.

5. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

Oh, I'm aware that the LE cover is just an insert. I was just verifying if the insert was on the cover when the DVD shipped, or if it was kept inside the case for the buyer to find. Since it's the former, I have to return my decidedly non-LE copy, which completely sucks. :(

6. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I was going to buy one of those. Looks like I'll be saving myself the hassle of returning another copy.

7. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

I've sent out emails to the seller (digitaldogpound), and I will post here whether or not they actually carry any of the LE copies. Assuming they actually respond, of course.

We shall see...

8. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

I don't really care about the cover, but it does kind of suck that the Grindhouse people posted on various boards complaining about how nobody pre-ordered Cat in the Brain and that it was such a shame because of the cool lenticular cover, but few of the people who pre-ordered actually got the SE.

I liked the movie, though...I'd never seen it and thought it was a lot of fun, so that's all that matters. Also really glad that they seem to be putting things out more frequently.

9. Katatonia

??? Further proof it didn't sell the 2,500+ limited units right away. They almost have to be randomly mixed in with the non-limited pressing in the retail sector.

10. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

I didn't see any with the lenticular covers around my nearby shops so I went the Ebay route as well (from digitaldogpound) I sure hope this seller actually has some!! Now I'm worried, so I messaged them as well. Enough inquiries and they're sure to respond. How cool is this special cover? Can someone post a pic?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  11. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

You really can't capture the effect by taking a picture, in fact it comes out pretty bad looking. Here is the regular cover next to the lenticular insert anyway though. A better example can be found here.

Attached Files:

12. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

Thanks!! That looks pretty cool, gotta find one.

13. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i went out of town yesterday and i went to a bigger bestbuy and they had 2 copies of this one with the lenticular cover and one without

14. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

I sent digitaldogpound an email asking if they even have any copies with the lenticular cover, but haven't heard back yet. I noticed that they are no longer selling any CitB DVD's on Ebay, though they are still an active seller overall.

They need to get back to me so I can return the standard edition DVD that they sent.

I hope you have better luck than I and end up with the LE cover...

EDIT: I checked Ebay again and did find the digitaldogpound listing for Cat in the Brain, and it's still listed has having the lenticular cover. This is the same listing that got me the standard edition.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  15. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Just grabbed one with the lenticular cover at BestBuy - done and done.

While I was there, I noticed they had one copy left of the Exploitation Cinema Collection for $19.99. Since this is OOP now I had to grab it.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  16. Regurgitate

Regurgitate New Member

I just picked up the LE at Best Buy. They had three of them. I have not watched this edition yet but I'm sure it will be better than what was previously available, which I can't say for other Grindhouse offerings. It's asinine how Grindhouse could cop an attitude over how few preorders were made for this considering how they have had such questionable quality releases. I mean an interlaced transfer on Cannibal Holocaust?? Hello, EC entertainment had released a superior transfer years prior to Grindhouse's, for which they spared no opportunity to chest-beat about how their release would be the definitive edition.

17. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Seems like they gave most of their lenticular covers to Best Buy and other retail joints, that's pretty shady. They tell people to pre-order so they get the limited cover, and then they don't give the special covers to anybody that pre-ordered and instead save them for Best Buy stores. I'd be pissed and return my pre-ordered copy if I were a lot of you.

18. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

I can understand this lenticular cover is collectable. But my main concern is the movie.
    Apparently the image is good, the extras are good and it's a Z- grade Fulci classic. I say lemme have it ! ;)

19. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

Yeah, it's definitely worth getting...the movie is a lot of fun and the extras are great. Anyone check out the various trailers in the Fulci and Halsey bio section? Some real good ones there.

20. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

Digitaldogpound never responded to my initial email about my order, so I sent out another one. I noticed under the original Ebay listing that 14 other people have also tried to get the LE DVD from these guys. I've been checking their feedback to see if there are any new complaints regarding the Cat in the Brain DVD, but none have surfaced.