Cat in the brain region 1 grindhouse dvd coming in 2009

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by fceurich39, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

That's what I would think. As if they give a crap that you damaged the artwork. It's not their problem.

2. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

That's cool, I've thought about trying that but never actually went through with it; I think the next one I get like that will go back though. What can I say, I've been inspired... :] I wouldn't be surprised if there was a whole thread here with people complaining about those stickers but I gotta say how much I hate them!!! They're TOTALLY pointless (I know they say it's to keep people from stealing the disc but all it really accomplishes is that it forces those who would do something like this to think ahead and bring a razor blade to the store with them...) so I assume they're only really there to piss me off.

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I agree, they just annoy everyone else. If someone really wants to steal something, a few stickers aren't going to make much difference. The "hard plastic lockcases" some retail stores use would seem to be far more effective.

They don't even use those security stickers in Europe and elsewhere.

4. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

5. bwana the clown

bwana the clown Supreme Ruler Of Sados

I returned a copy of Hannibal to K-Mart during this brief phase where they'd put an unremovable security sticker on the back of the keepcase insert. Wouldn't normally notice, but it was a double sided insert in a clear keepcase.

With these security tapes, it can sometimes be impossible to use the product without damaging it - so I'd think it's absolutely within the consumer's rights to take it back.

6. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I hate those stickers. That's actually a good idea. I'll be taking my dvd's back next time something like that happens to me.

Kmart also use these stupid 'lock' cases as well. They look like a normal case but they have this green and red lock gadget that's part of the care. It looks really ugly.

7. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Member

I ordered the dvd through BestBuy.com and got it and it didnt have the lenticular cover so I checked the BB web site and my local store had some so I went there and out of the 2 dvds, 1 of them were a lenticular cover.I returned my non lent cover for the lent cover and eveyones happy.:banana:

sean

8. bwana the clown

bwana the clown Supreme Ruler Of Sados

Yeah. Sure. Everyone. :(

9. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

I found a lenticular cover edition today at Newbury Comics. I was selling a bunch of old DVD's and they had it with a sale sticker of $14.99 still on it (even though the non-lenticular right next to it was marked $15.99), so I picked it up. I haven't seen the movie in a really long time...looking forward to revisiting it tonight.

10. ZoSo

ZoSo The Fucking King

I JUST got one WITH the lenticular cover at Borders, 50% off. They have a lot of DVDs 50% off and it appears this one was actually mismarked, but they gave it to me half off anyway! I also got Bird with the Crystal Plumage 50% off too, correctly marked.

11. CasEjonz

CasEjonz Guest

It sucks that these online retailers are just sending out standard copies, but I think the fork and spoon operator in their warehouse is not aware of the difference in what the marketing arm was doing, nor do I think that these companies that were pre-selling it were aware that they would get a mix of LE and standard pressings. I think this one dries up pretty fast. I found my copy at a Newbury Comics for $14.99 and snapped it up, however, two other Newbury Comics I went to only had standard releases for $15.99 as EricAngelus pointed out earlier.

12. foller

foller Active Member

I got mine from digitaldogpound today, and - surprise, surprise: no lenticular cover. These guys really suck. The best thing though is that their offer at ebay still says "with lenticular cover". Since they have definitely received complaints and told the user delicreep that they don't have lenticular copies in stock at the moment such an advertisement sounds like fraud to me.
    Luckily I paid via PayPal, if they do not reply I will apply for buyer protection.

13. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

14. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

I ordered mine from Ebay via digitaldogpound before I read the neg posts. After already paying them, I messaged asking if it would truly be the lenticular cover, but never received a response. I was prepared to receive the regular edition. But while at Borders I spotted the 3-D cover, so I picked it up at their ridiculous price of $25.00. Today the package finally arrives and low and behold digitaldogpound sent me a lenticular cover. So now I have two. I'll keep the sealed limited one stashed away. And I personally don't give a damn if the opened copy has a 3-D insert or not, so I'm willing to part with the lenticular insert itself if anyone wants to magically transform their disappointing "regular" into a satisfying "limited". I'm asking $10.00 paypal shipped.

15. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

when i was waiting for mine from a 3rd party amazon.ca seller and not sure if it was lenticular or not, i called a store locally and confirmed that they were receiving the LE. I asked them to hold a copy for me when it arrived. When mine came in and it was the LE, i called them and told them i didn't need it. bottom line is, if there's anybody here in the GTA willing to go to Mississauga for an LE, I know that Starstruck Entertainment in square one had copies of it...they may still. give em a call.

16. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

The lenticular insert controversy gets deeper. I was comparing the 3-D cover from digitaldogpound to the one from Borders. The one from dogpound is absolutely stunning, you move it around and you get a nice stable 3 dimensional image (just like the little vid clip). But the Borders one jumps in the middle of the movement, shifting the Image then re-stabilizing. It still looks 3-D, but it isn't nearly as impressive as the smooth one that arrived today. So now there's smoothies and shifters out there, I would have never noticed if I didn't get 2...I certainly didn't expect it to look as cool as the little clip anyway, but it's really supposed to. My Borders 3-D insert is still for sale, but keep in mind its a jumper.

17. Coverdale

Coverdale Guest

I'll have to look for this. I never got Cat In The Brain back in the day and I've heard mixed reviews. I had to go back to about p.5 of this thread to figure out what the f is a lenticular cover!

18. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

I got a lenticular cover edition, and heres the thing...the movie fucking sucks!

19. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

i saw a whole stack of lenticular editions at my local best buy...damn i was so tempted!!! but i was short on cash...:( i will get this!

20. HoldenMcNeil

HoldenMcNeil Member

I just got the standard edition, but I wholeheartedly loved the film. I thought the blend of real life with what Fulci thought in his brain was really fascinating. Also had some kick ass gore to boot.