Centipede-Anyone Seen It?

Discussion in 'General' started by maskull, Sep 2, 2005.

1. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Yeah, so has anyone seen this flick? Apparently it was on Sci Fi Channel, which kind of worries me, but it got a decent review in the new issue of Fangoria and it takes place in caves, which is always cool. Is it any good?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0321626/

[​IMG]

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I rented a couple weeks ago. It's extremely funny at times, since it's filmed in India and has many Bollywood actors that play hilarious dumb parts. The main cast are American however. If you like movies that take place in caverns...you'll have fun. And it was filmed in a real cavern system, sometimes it looks like they got fairly deep within.

3. maskull

Cool. Thanks. I think I'll have to rent this one. Bollywood actors, caves, centipedes...sounds like fun.

4. CubeOfTheDead

CubeOfTheDead Member

Is it anything like the video game?

5. Katatonia

I wouldn't say so exactly, but I guess it does have some similarities to the game. Giant centipedes chasing humans in a large underground cavern system.

6. shift

shift Hot as shit!

Hey KAT, did you rent this at your local Hollywood Video?

I want to see it, but my hollywood says they don't got it. I perfer to watch before its worth to own.

7. Katatonia

I rented it at Blockbuster. I don't remember seeing it at Hollywood on the shelves either, which is weird since they often carry so many crappy movies to rent. :evil:

8. maskull

so I watched this one last night and had a lot of fun with it. It's poorly acted, the centipedes are...funny...., the Bollywood actors are really hilarious playing dumb people (and looking like they were having a lot of fun doing it), the people in this movie do some horrendously illogical things, the dialog is classic bad movie, and of course it takes place in caves(!).

My complaints:1. Not enough of India shown, you get a brief bit outside the airport, and then out in a desert-y area that could be pretty much anywhere.
    2. They didn't make enough use of the caves. You know they're in caves, but there really weren't enough shots of the caves without people or monsters in them. Plus they tended to have a lot of close-ups of the people and monsters so they could've been almost any where with lots of rocks.
    3. The lead actress had a really annoying voice.
    They killed the cute Indian chick at the beginning :(
    Of course this was a low-budget movie so i won't really hold those points against the movie. It did what it had to: throw people and a giant bug into a cave together and let the cheesy fun ensue. Plus the centipedes didn't look cgi for the most part.

So yeah, rent it or buy it cheap.

9. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

That's kind of a slippery slope isn't it? So long as you can tell they're in a cave, that's all I need. If I wanted to see more shots of some caves I would have bought that documentary the gift shop was offering at Mammoth Cave.

Most of the time they cut in as much stock cave footage as they can possibly find to pad out the length, so the fact that it's rather short on such footage is only a plus in my book. But that's cheap cinema, more times than not they're not on location so I'm not distracted when it's a lot of shots where they could be anywhere but they made it look like they're at the same place.

I'm not trying to jump on you, but it just seems like an odd complaint. I'd rather have shots of people and monsters then just cave walls. As far as I know they could be in a cast member's unfinished basement so I really don't care about seeing that stuff. Bring on the monster!

I'm on a bit of a Bollywood swing right now, but I've only been half heartily looking for this title. I'd rather find some true Bollywood horror features then Hollywood produced imports.

10. maskull

Well that's just a personal preference. But my problem was even if they heard a noise there'd be a quick cut to a passageway or something then the cameras would be pointed back on the people again. Fortunately the people are bad actors so they entertained us with their *ahem* skill. :)

Anyway, I like caves so I just would've liked an occasional shot of them. It seems like an odd idea to go all the way to India to film, and go through the trouble of shooting the movie in a cave, and then not really make total use of it. But it really didn't hurt the film much.

And if you're looking for something Bollywood, skip this one. There's some Bollywood actors in it, but it's not like they have any major parts. They're basically the rescue people and they do get some screen time in the second half of the movie, but it's more a movie about americans trapped in a cave wiith a BIG centipede. Though i will say the fellow playing the Indian explosives expert was pretty damn funny with the big grin he wore while delivering his lines. :)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2005