Chain Letter

Discussion in 'Reader Reviews' started by Rocka_Critic, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Rocka_Critic

Rocka_Critic Guest

i just saw the new trailer to chain letter while i was browsing for interviews for new moon. i came across this interview with nikki reed. so i watch it, and later i learned that nikki reed was considering have chain letter her last movie. fortunately while she was filming chain letter, she then got an audition as Rosalie in twilight the series. you guys should check out the trailer at www.chainletterthemovie.com

2. MadmanMarz

MadmanMarz Member

I am really curious about this film. It was filmed close to where I live, as the director is from this area (Sacramento, CA). I noticed the director has also done a few other films such as Nite Tales and Dead Tone (which hits DVD in mid Feb 2010). Chain Letter seems to have the most promise.

3. Rocka_Critic

Rocka_Critic Guest

why so curious? yea theres been talk in the grapevines that deon taylor enterprises isthe biggest film company in northern California. its seems like his new movie The Hustle is mostly focused on comedy. one i must say, am i excited to see

4. MadmanMarz

MadmanMarz Member

I am just excited to see some serious film making be done in Northern California. If The Hustle can achieve the goal of being a funny comedy, I am all for it. Chain Letter has just been the hyped film from this company. Naturally every one is expecting big things from it, so curious to see how the film plays out. Will it have a theatrical run or go straight to DVD? Word now is this is looking to play theatrically, but in the horror genre lately we have seen plently of films (All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, Poughkeepsie Tapes) that have yet to grace theatres. I just wish success for Deon Taylor and his company.

5. jasperado

jasperado Guest

The movie will have a theatrical release. I was reading about it on some news website. there was a bootleg copy floating around on the net for a few hours (before it was deleted) and some people saw it -- the people who saw it claim its trailers don't do it justice, said it was a pretty enjoyable film. Wish I got my hands on that copy! O well, will have to wait for the release.

6. bloodthrill

bloodthrill New Member

While we're on the subject,(even almost a year later LOL )anyone want to explain to me why the "unrated" cut of Chain Letter is between five and seven dollars more than the R-rated,when it appears to be the same DVD, features wise?All I can say is that extra minute or so of grue, (assuming this isn't a Jennifer's Body-style "Unrated" rip-off,where there's actually nothing extra,just alternate angles in gore-less scenes) would have to be pretty fucking amazing to warrant the price hike.

I haven't seen Chain Letter unrated for under twenty-four dollars and some change. Kind of steep for a lower budget genre flick,right? I thought DVD prices were going more $14.99-ish.

Also,wanting to pre-order Hatchet 2 and a couple of others to have them on release day. Amazon's price seems to be the cheapest at around $14,but release-day delivery is like another seven dollars. Anyone know of a reliable place that might have it to me even the day before?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  7. MadmanMarz

MadmanMarz Member

I saw an advance copy of this, not sure if it was the unrated cut or not. Not great but some decent enough kills. The opening sequence is pretty good, drops off after that. Production values are solid and the death scenes are the best thing going for it. The story isn't very compelling and the cast is a bit misused. Maybe just the script and dialogue were the weak links. The killer reminded me of Kane from See No Evil. It plays like a cross between Final Destination and I Know What You Did Last Summer. Rent before buying.

8. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

will probably get this unrated dvd on feb 1st there is also a rated dvd and a blu-ray but not sure if blu is unrated because the the unrated dvd says unrated but the blu-ray cover art doesnt say anywhere unrated

9. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member