Child's Play 6 Curse of Chucky has been announced

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Jun 23, 2012.

1. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Hope you enjoy it! :banana:

2. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Saving this til October but really glad to hear the fans enjoy it.

Since Netflix doesn't have it, I hope this can be watched via OnDemand.

3. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Except for the dull "Seed of Chucky".

4. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Just saw it, and it was VERY entertaining :)

There are a lot of story elements that nicely connects it to the original, and there are some nice twists in the story. there is a nod to the Bride/Seed movies, but thankfully it´s still not connected to those films.

A lot of fans screamed CGI when they saw the trailer, but most of the Chucky FX was done the good old fashioned practical way. His facial movements are a bit more advanced, since the animatronics have evolved during the years, but the changes are not distracting, and some of his movements are still as stiff as in the original trilogy.
    There was a scene where it looked like they even used some stop-motion for his movements. Except for the iris in Chucky´s eyes expanding in one shot, I really couldn´t tell where they used CGI, maybe it was mostly used to remove the rods and puppeteers? Also the Gore FX are 95% practical, including one good old fashioned 80:s styled decapitation FX, that made me really happy :D

They sure succeeded to make Chucky scary again, and Dourif did another wonderful job in the role.

Btw, don´t miss the scene after the credits. There is a nice surprise to the fans :)

Another thing that was great about the movie, was that it actually had that late 80:s / early 90:s horror vibe to it, which is rare today.

The REAL Chucky is back!! :)

5. MisterTwister

They used CGI when...

Chucky is walking down the steps after killing Barb.

I believe that was it.

6. Steel76

Your right, I forgot about that. That effect looked really great though :)

Another thing I really loved about the movie, was how well shot it was.
    Lots of great camera angles, which also added to that old-school feel.
    No annoying shaky-cam to be found in this one.

7. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Just finished with this and really enjoyed it. I am a little confused to where this one sits in the series though.

So Tiffany shows up at the end and it feels a lot like the beginning of Bride except obviously Chucky is already stitched together. So is this a total timeline re-write or is this somehow meant to take place during Bride? Also, there's the sene at the end where Chucky is putting his soul into the little girl but the after credits sequence has him in doll form turning up at Andy's. one other thing that just popped into my head is the decapitation on Chuck...isn't he meant to be flesh and bone on the inside? There's a lot of unanswered stuff going on here (so it seems anyway) but I think it makes the whole thing even more interesting. Any explanations people have are welcomed as to what is going on here.
    Like I said though, this film is a blast. Loved the new look and actually found it very effective in its creepiness at times. I'm sure if this does well we'll be seeing Chucky again very soon.

8. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

This is:

You know this takes place after 1-5 because Chucky mentions the Barclays, the Kincaids and the Tillies.

9. Steel76

About the end:
    When Chucky is trying to move his soul to the girl, in the last shot before the credits, her grandmother wakes up, so I guess she interupted the whole thing.

I really loved the post-credit scene, and if they make another sequel, I hope Andy returns again. Glad they got the original actor back as well :)

10. MisterTwister

The post cred sequence...

takes place 6 months after the ending so something happened with Chucky between that time. Maybe Mancini will tackle this in another sequel?

The whole thing with Chucky not bleeding after being decapitated did bug me, though.

11. Zombie Dude

Thanks for the replies :) I do remember that but the problem is the continuity doesn't make sense atm.
    Tiffany was pretty much done with Chucky at the end of Seed so why would they be working together now? plus I'd love to know how he came back from the end of Seed.
    That makes sense. I guess it's safe to assume something happened between then and the post credits sequence.
    That's what I'm thinking. Whilst there's a few things that go unexplained I have a good feeling that Mancini knows what he's doing and already has a sequel planned that further goes into those areas.
    Glad I'm not the only one that found the lack of Chucky blood odd. Maybe there's another reason behind that too?
    I'm already eager to watch this again :D

12. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

You guys are really getting me psyched to see this! From where are you downloading it or renting it? I thought it wasn't coming out until 10/8.

13. MisterTwister

Came out on VOD September 24th.

14. MisterTwister

As for
    Tiffany. You have to remember her and Chucky have this weird love/hate relationship. Remember the end of Bride? They were suddenly back in love when they were resurrected in Seed.

I think this is another area the next sequel could tackle. What happened between Seed and Curse? I don't know the time difference between the two films (9 years perhaps?) but it will be interesting to find out what happened.

I'm looking forward to the commentary track to see if Mancini has some answers.

15. Zombie Dude

I've just been thinking the same thing about the commentary track :lol: I'm hoping for some more definitive answers there too.

16. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I'm not all that into Chucky but I really enjoyed this one. Maybe the most of the series aside from Bride. The overall tone had a great Tales From the Crypt feel to it. It did it's best to stay creepy while providing a lot of fan service. There were a coupe of moments where I felt like something was cut out maybe, but over all it's a keeper. Cool to see Dourif's daughter join the Chucky family :D

I caught a couple horror nods (maybe unintentional?). The music sounded like Suspiria and there was that projector scene like Friday the 13th part 4.

Any time the fucking doll had a different look on it's face it was super creepy and effective because you knew something was about to happen!

17. deepred

deepred Member

Comcast doesn't have it on on demand. :mad:

18. Steel76

I agree. The house had a bit of that gothic feel to it, that was pretty typical of many buildings in that series. Plus the camera angles also had that stylish look to it. Almost expected the Crypt Keeper to pop up at any moment ;)

It´s released on Blu-ray on October 16th here in Scandinavia, and I can´t wait to see it again :)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  19. MisterTwister

The score for this was fantastic. Great work by Joseph DeLuca (always loved his work in the evil dead trilogy)

20. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

enjoyed it, loved the vicar scene that was my favourite, some of the kills were a little bit of a let down, but enjoyed where it went, overall happy shame all DTV films cant be of this quality (fright night 2 I'm looking at you!!!!)