Child's Play 6 Curse of Chucky has been announced

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Vortex

Vortex Member

Liked this quite a bit, though certain aspects were confusing in regards to series history. Still, probably the best since the first one, though I also like 3 a good deal. Hope to see Fiona Dourif get more work in the future.

2. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

3. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

I just finished it, and I agree with you 100%, with everything you wrote. it may not have been as bad as i expected it to be, but it was still fairly lousy. better than bride or seed, though. i prefer the tone of the first 3, not this creaky old house and exaggeratedly dysfunctional family business.

to be honest, i was enjoying the movie until chucky actually started...doing stuff. i love brad dourif, but his lines were the worst. "Women. Can't live with 'em. Period!" Lame.

and chucky looked shitty. he looked his best when he was just a smiling good guy doll. there were a few scenes where he's lit in a very stylized, gothic fashion, and it looks really good. other times, it looks like he's had lip injections or something. and then when he starts to move his face and speak, it all goes to hell. he was infinitely more intimidating in the first 3 films than he is here, no matter how many Malcolm McDowell Clockwork Orange style staring-out-from-under-the-eyebrows shots they throw in.

i always like seeing dourif do his thing, but he looked so old in the flashback scenes, and his character as Charles Lee Ray didn't seem at all to be the same as Chucky.

as for the ending, the movie had pretty much lost me by that point, so i didn't really care. it was really just ending after ending after ending. there were at least 3 hard cuts to black before the credits actually started to roll. each one seemed like it was the end. maybe that was intentional? but the whole thing seemed unnecessary.

4. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

I re-watched the entire series a year or so ago, and recently watched Curse for the first time. My take on the continuity is this:

Curse takes place between Child's Play 3 and Bride of Chucky. It seems like Tiffany and Chucky have been working this angle for a while. At some point, Tiffany acquired Chucky's remains from 3, stitched him back up, and resurrected him. Then she mails him off to settle old scores. At the end of Curse, she bribes his way out of police impound and sends him off to Andy. Andy gets the jump on him w/ the shotgun, which is why he's all fucked up again at the beginning of Bride, when Tiffany again bribes his way out of impound and re-resurrects him.

The continuity of this, or any other fan scenario, probably doesn't work 100%, but on one viewing of Curse w/o revisiting the whole series, it's the best I got.

5. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

It takes place after Seed. Chucky mentions the Tilly's during his end speech. Also I'm fairly certain Don re-confirmed this on his Twitter.

6. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Perhaps the next film can be a midquel to Seed and Curse.

7. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I just finished this...

It sure takes a long time to set up...I think its like 45min before we hear the voice of Charles Lee Ray come through Chucky's mouth...which is far too long...especially given the rather boring plot. But when Chucky finally comes to life the film picks up. Definitely a blast with some pretty nice kills.

Not bad for a 6th installment into the series.