Christine Blu-ray: Twilight Time March 2013 Official Thread

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by buck135, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Shawn Francis

Shawn Francis New Member

The dude who runs the NEW Flesh Wound Video told me he's pretty sure TT has THE BLOB (1988) set for a September release. Don't know how he knows that, but at least we now have a "rumored release date" to keep in mind.

2. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

"The Blob" is one release I won´t miss out on , even if I have to walk through the fires of Hell itself to get to it. ;)

One of my favorite 80:s horror movies together with "The Thing".

3. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Yeah, I imagine it will look pretty good in HD too.

4. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

It is very apparent (especially after some of the things they said after the NOTLD fiasco) that Twilight Time is run by pricks. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if was mostly TT employees who are the scalpers and are doing it to inflate the value and perceived demand for their "collectors" items.

5. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

I got an 1080p HDTV rip, and it looks Amazing, so I bet the BD will be just as mindblowing :)

6. Shawn Francis

Shawn Francis New Member

A poster on blu-ray.com states that Nick Redman (TT owner) made a post on Twilight Times FB page saying that they will be releasing THE BLOB (1988) in 2014. I looked but I can't find the comment.

7. highclassrob

highclassrob Member

they did come off that way during the NOTLD ordeal. Inside scalping would be an interesting thing to find out. I wonder.

8. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Just an FYI.

9. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

The HDTV rip is really good. So good in fact, I'll be bypassing the TT release without any reservations.

10. Sam

Sam Member

+1. I passed on this "Scalpers' Edition" yesterday, which was already priced too high at $34 (after delivery). I haven't even reached for my dvd copy in about a decade, though did watch the HD rip and it's not bad. I'll buy it on blu in the future if it's given a wide release and for $10-15.

11. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Re: zbinks
    Ugh, that annoys the hell out of me too. Don't pull that shit after you've started selling something. Do it before, do it during but don't do it after.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  12. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

They've already charged my card. So I guess my order went through. I placed my order late, there were only hundreds of copies left.

~Matt

13. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

SA only authorize the payment total to your card at the time of placing the order. They don't actually finalize the payment until it ships.

14. deepred

deepred Member

I posted this on blu-ray.com - thought I would share with you all my thoughts on the TT model.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  15. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

My only real complaint, besides them having a web server that couldn't meet the initial demand when the pre-order went live, is the fact that people can order more than one copy, even if only two. It's just that they already know that the demand outweighs the supply and there really is no reason why someone would need more than one copy to enjoy the movie. They should limit people to one copy for the first 24 or 48 hours and then if it doesn't sell out, remove the limit. It wouldn't be perfect, some would get around it, but more people might get a copy this way. Don't get me wrong here, I got mine...

16. deepred

deepred Member

I agree. I think starting Christine at a 10 limit was a step in the right direction but that didn't even really suffice. Hopefully, that order number limit will get smaller by the time The Blob is up for pre-order in 2014. They know it's going to sell out regardless so why prevent the fans from getting their copies by allowing some to get 10 copies?!

17. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

You make many valid points deepred. I started this thread back in September as soon as I heard that TT was releasing "Christine." I wanted to make our members aware of this, especially since it was announced while the "NOTLD" fiasco was going on. My hope was that no one here would be left out. I had a feeling "Christine" would sell out even faster.

I strongly believe that Twilight Time cannot count on any film selling out, thus needing to stick to the 3000 limit. If someone told me this time last year that "NOTLD '90" would sellout in a week and "As Good As It Gets" would have plenty of copies available, I wouldn't believe it. I'm sure TT can't be guaranteed that all horror films will sell well. "The Fury" is still available after all. I know "Christine" is more popular mainly due to Carpenter/King, but "NOTLD'90" was widely rejected as a cash-in, hell even Tom Savini wants to forget it.

I also believe that there should be a limit of two per person on all TT blu-rays going forward. On Friday, I asked my wife to try and get on Screen Archives website while she was at work because of the server issues during the first 20 minutes of the sale. We were both able to get a copy each. I've seen what people are selling these for on eBay. Why would anyone pay these prices to someone who doesn't even have the discs in their possession? If and when I get rid of my second copy (first I want to make sure they're in my hands first), I'll probably either trade it (I really want the "Dawn of the Dead" Perfect Collection Laserdisc) or put it on eBay with a starting bid of $29.99 and $10 to ship (tracking + insurance).

All in all, I think that many of the people that are upset about missing out on any or all of the three TT blu-ray's that sold out wouldn't give them a second look if Sony had released them. I think the fact that they're exclusive and no longer available at a decent price is what's driving collectors mad. Just my opinion though.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  18. deepred

deepred Member

I definitely think there is a lot of truth to that. I've actually haven't seen any of the ones they've released (besides Fright Night), so I buy a copy to watch it to see if I want to own it because I know when it's gone, it's gone. Plus, you know you can sell these releases and get your money back unlike other blind buys.

I probably would have not purchased Fright Night if it wasn't limited. It's a fun movie but not one I needed to own. And when I had some bills to pay, I ended up just selling it.

It would be interesting to see how fast something sold if they put that 2 cap on it from the get go.

19. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

That's exactly what I did. I watched it once, knew I wasn't going to watch it again and sold it. Despite NOTLD '90's issues, I will hang on to it (and the old DVD) until a better version comes down the pike.

20. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Just cancelled The Fury.

I learned that Carlotta Films (French company) is going to release it in 2013. Their blu-rays are English friendly and they produce their own excellent extras. The only downside to some of you is that they region lock their releases.