Christine Blu-ray: Twilight Time March 2013 Official Thread

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by buck135, Sep 24, 2012.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Show of hands: who else is still waiting on a shipping notice?

I must have really pissed them off? :confused:

2. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Finally got mine this morning, but on my SAE page I had a tracking number that went live last night, so yours might be on the way with the email delayed. If not that, someone on blu-ray dot com mentioned TT said they still have 'hundreds of orders queued' to ship today. My tracking number said it left the Virgina Sort Facility this morning and my shipping email came a couple hours after that. Try your orders under your account on SAE and see if you have a tracking number.

3. CPT HOOK

Yeah, I looked under my account and it just says "Status: Pending".

Nothing underneath that about it being shipped.

4. deepred

deepred Member

I got the e-mail that it shipped today but per the tracking number, it was actually shipped yesterday. :cool:

5. maniac666

maniac666 New Member

Same here for me...:(

6. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I watched Christine last night...nice transfer indeed...great detail and depth.

TT ported over the extras from the DVD...I thought they weren't allowed to do that?...or were they just not allowed to make their own new extras?

7. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

I just read that the sale today for the few remaining copies of Christine is only for those who missed out on the first sale. They (Screen Archives Entertainment & Twilight Time) get a lot of flack for the way they do business, but I think it's cool that they've taken measures to ensure actual fans of the film will have a decent chance at the sale.

8. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

From the time they released Fright Night someone said they weren´t allowed to produce new extras.

9. CPT HOOK

If I recall correctly, they said that Sony wouldn't license them extras, but I guess that has changed. But I think they said they couldn't afford to produce new extras.

However, I seem to recall Shout Factory commenting that they wouldn't be licensing any titles from Sony because they wouldn't allow extras. So who knows?

10. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Accept for the batch that is autographed. Those copies you can buy as many as you like as long as you purchase $100 of their merchandise for each copy :lol:.

11. CPT HOOK

Haven't received an e-mail yet, but my account is finally showing it as shipped. So... progress! :)

12. Mr. Eddy

Mr. Eddy Member

Sold out again!!!! I was on the checkout page and their fuckin site crashed and now it's gone!!!! Fuck this company!

13. deepred

deepred Member

from TT's FB (posted March 5th):

"Twilight Time DVD Label: As we said earlier, Ryan, there have never been any purchase limits at the pre-order stage on any TT title until Christine..SAE were helping by limiting to 10 per person. Do you honestly think that the majority of people bought 10 copies? If so, you are sorely mistaken. But as so many consumers have complained about the 10 copy limit, we will most likely just go back to no limits on purchases at all."

You gotta love a label that loves their customers. :lol:

14. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

:fucked:

15. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

That's pretty pathetic considering that there should be a 2 copy limit. 10 copies is far too excessive as it is. No one needs that many copies unless they're scalping.

16. deepred

deepred Member

I don't think they care about the horror fans at all. They just want to get the horror product sold as quickly as possible so they can make their profit so they can continue purchasing the rights for the movies they truly value - lost classic films. If the horror movies go to scalping, so what? If the SAE's site crashes and fans don't get Christine, so what? If the demand for the movie is much higher than 3,000 and title is even getting a front cover retrospective on Horror Hound, so what? The company just doesn't care. Period. :rolleyes:

17. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I've never had issues with SAE, but wow...they sound like a bunch of douchebags now.

~Matt

18. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Like Matt said, it just makes them look like a bunch of douchebags. Obviously they don't care but it's not giving them the best image to horror fans. At the very lest they could try and hide that they don't give a shit.

19. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I don't know why, but I get the feeling that if they limited the number a person could buy to 1 or 2, the illusion of how in demand these releases are would quickly be ruined. If a relative few buy up all of the discs then of course those that are left out in the lurch are going to want them all the more. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the total number of people who really, truly want these films this badly is considerably less than the 3,000 they've produced.

20. deepred

deepred Member

Oh, I agree and I think their apparent disdain for horror fans is awful and unprofessional. I think customer service has gone severely downhill in our society over time and when I see a company that does treat their customers well, I am always highly impressed since that isn't valued much anymore.