Chrome Skull Laid to Rest 2 unrated dvd coming sept 20th

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by fceurich39, May 28, 2011.

1. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Yeah, you're not kidding. Bad actress, but very cute! Stakeland wasn't that great of a movie anyway as with the rest of her recent films.

2. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

The last thing I'm thinking about when looking at Danielle Harris are her acting abilities, but yeah, even her presence couldn't save this piece of shit movie.

3. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Whist I can see what you're staying and for the most part agree, I think you're talking this film too seriously. I never went into this expecting something that made a lot of sense, I just was hoping for a bloody good time. Whilst the story isn't great I think it offers enough to keep the viewer interested. Sure I would have liked a lot more explained but I'm hoping they do that in the next one if it happens.

A lot of the issues (like how dumb the cops are for example) I just found funny, not irritating. Guess I've been watching too many "so bad it's good" movies lately.

4. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

so far i like the laid to rest films better than the hatchet films

5. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I thought this was just OK - I enjoyed the original better. The gore is superb for sure, but the story is a little oddly unnecessary. It seems like they tried to force some kind of back story twist with the Brian Austin Green character which I really wasn't following. I may need to watch it again because I feel like I missed something - or maybe it just was not explained very well at all. I'll definitely check out the sequel if it ever comes.

6. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i heard a script is finished for a 3rd film but has yet to be reviewed

7. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

It seems you either love or hate this one. I'm glad I didn't listen to those who hated because I thought it was great. The special effects are the star of the show for sure. It also had great atmosphere and I was impressed with David Silver. Great to see Danielle Harris in anything as well. Don't go in expecting something of Murder Set Pieces' quality, but if you liked Murder Set Pieces' atmosphere and level of gore and you'll probably enjoy it.

8. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Watched this for the second time last night and couldn't help but feel bored half way through. The kills are great and gory but god does the story stink. It felt like it was moving at snail pace and was totally uninteresting.
    Everyone seemed pretty bland, they needed some interesting characters to spice things up and a way better story than some police guys sitting in an office wondering who's killing people.