Chunkblower's Halloween Top Ten 2010

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Chunkblower, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Love that you included a Ghostbusters episode in your list. That's what these are for. We've all seen Dawn of the Dead and Evil Dead, etc., so it never hurts to drop in some weirdness.

The Pet Sematary 2 recommendation did throw me, however, as did your assessment of the first film:
    The book is one of the most effective King novels, and I think the film adaptation does fairly well by it, with a sure sense of "creep," from the dead boy who serves as Louis' spirit guide (great makeup, too) to that wrenching funeral scene. Plus, we get a stellar, campy performance by Herman Munster. (Also on the positive side: no Edward Furlong.)

Yet, I have to admit that it's been almost 20 years (!) since I saw Part 2, so I've bumped it up in my queue to give it another shot.

2. Fistfuck

Fistfuck Slowest to 2000 posts

Ugh, where to begin.

First, dvd-fanatic-9, you continue to amaze with your steadfast presumption that your opinion is the end-all, be-all gospel on all things cinematic. For your everlasting gumption, I applaud you.

[​IMG]

Second, "unh-uh" is a negative reply, a way of saying "no."
    "Uh-uh" means absolutely nothing. One could say "Uh, uh..." signifying a stammering or unassuredness.
    "Hunh" signifies amazement, bewilderment, or confusing.
    "Huh" is a questioning, and should be followed by a "?."
    An "aspersion" is an attack or accusation of something. "Dispersion" is the act of spreading something around.

Third, Chunkblower, I really don't see where you need to defend or accept criticism of your, YOUR, yearly top ten list. This isn't a debate, it's not your attempt to define the ten critical films you MUST watch this Halloween. A number of the members who have replied here have been dicks about it and you're within your rights to tell them all to blow it out their ass.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  3. Hatchetwarrior

Hatchetwarrior Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. Fistfuck FTW! :banana:

4. Workshed

Just to be clear, because I feel like my post was misconstrued:

I hate Pet Sematary 2, I hate Edward Furlong, and, most of all, I hate Chunkblower. I hate him, I hate him!

5. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Agreed. I love your list and I get why you chose some of these movies, as they all really evoke that Fall/ Halloween feel. I need to give Pet Semetary 2 a re-watch as I haven't seen it since I was younger and didn't really care for it then. Mind you, I wasn't into horror movies and my tastes have changed quite a lot. And I get what you are saying, I liked the first Pet Semetary but it was really dark and kind of depressing. If the second movie is more fun I get why you would choose it.

6. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

This is awesome :lol:

7. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

What the hell are you talking about? Ghostbusters cartoon in a top 10? The Hunger is a huge unh-uh and Poltergeist is so overrated if anything.

Wow. Can't believe how absolutely wrong you are on all of this. You should apologize to Chunkblower for telling him the wrong things were right and right things are wrong. You have no clue on how to properly tell what's wrong on the internet. I'm calling your ISP.

Pfft.

8. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

My wife and I carved a pumpkin yesterday for our scarecrow outside while we watched Pet Sematary II. It WAS a little better than I remembered it to be and Clancy alone is worth the repeat viewing. Good times. :)

9. BrokeNads

BrokeNads New Member

Creepshow 2 is bad movie I like only some the raft because the guy go for the tits and kill the girlfriend. To show nudity for make you start to enjoy the tits and then comes the murder. Very good director.
    I like Lord of illusion also is good.
    Punpkinhead is not good for me. Halloween 5 is ok movie. I like to see Halloween 1 +2 together and 4+ 5 to see together also. Is like to see the big movie.

10. Workshed

[​IMG]

11. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

I love the list! I need to watch so many of these again soon. Is that DVD of Trick 'r Treat decent enough? I would love for that film to show up on Netflix or something. Need to see it again.

12. nightmare5fan

nightmare5fan Member

I remember getting scared (as a child) with some of the Ghostbusters episodes, haha, and even with some of the Scooby Doo's creatures. Lord of Illusions was one of the first dvds I ever bought but haven't watched it in years. It's also great to see some Halloween 5 loving (I always have a soft spot for number 5s in any series...except Leprechaun, I guess). Danielle Harris is soooo endearing in that one, and also that girl who plays Tina. The car chase in the bushes is pretty intense.

13. Fistfuck

Fistfuck Slowest to 2000 posts

Thread revival.

Can I nominate this for Post of the Year?