City Of The Living Dead (Special Edition)

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by springjack, Mar 17, 2010.

1. springjack

springjack New Member

That?s right...

The good folks at Arrow Uk will release City Of The Living Dead fully restored and uncut on 2 disc DVD and/or a single disc Blu-ray on 24th May 2010.
    Both the Dvd And The Blu-Ray will be REGION FREE

Here's a list of all the extras that you will find on this release:

Introduction to the film by star Carlo De Mejo,

Audio commentary with actor Giovanni Lombardo Radice,

Audio commentary with actress Catriona MacCall,

"Carlo Of The Living Dead" (17 minutes), featurette in which De Mejo reflects upon his time working with the Italian master of splatter,

"Penning Some Paura" (18 minutes), screenwriter Dardano Sacchetti shares his recollections of writing an Italian horror classic,

"The Many Lives And Deaths Of Giovanni Lombaro Radice" (50 minutes), documentary about the legendary screen victim, who guides viewers through the making of his most famous gut-crunching classics including ?House On The Edge Of The Park?, ?Cannibal Apocalypse?, ?Cannibal Ferox? and, of course, ?City of the Living Dead?,

"Dame Of The Dead" (25 minutes), actress Catriona MacCall recalls playing the role of Mary in the film and reflects upon it 30 years on,

Q&A session with Catriona MacCall and Giovanni Lombardo Radice (20 minutes), a retrospective filmed live at the Glasgow Film Theatre following a recent special screening of the film,

"Profondo Luigi: A Colleague?s Memories Of Lucio Fulci" (17 minutes), filmed in the Profondo Rosso shop in Rome, focuses on director Luigi Cozzi (Contamination; Starcrash; The Killer Must Kill Again) who talks about his own memories of Lucio Fulci and the Italian boom in zombie horror,

"Fulci?s Daughter: Memories of the Italian Gore Maestro" (27 minutes), Antonella Fulci, the daughter of the legendary filmmaker, reflects upon ?City Of The Living Dead?, the experience of visiting her father?s sets and about his enduring legacy.

Both the DVD and the Blu-ray releases of ?City Of The Living Dead? also come with four sleeve artwork options, double-sided poster, six postcards and a newly commissioned booklet, ?Fulci Of The Living Dead?, written by Calum Waddell and featuring exclusive new interviews with Sergio Stivaletti (Wax Mask), Carlo De Mejo, Antonella Fulci and Ian McCulloch (Zombie Flesh Eaters) among others, providing an in depth career retrospective on the Grand Old Man of Italian Gore.

Is this enough for you gorehounds???

Here is a link to the oficial forum for this release on Arrow UK:
    http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1772&page=64

Full Arrow Blu-Ray review here: http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/rev...rt-blu-ray.php

Full Arrow Dvd review here (comparison with the Anchor Bay/Blue Undergound Dvd): http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film3/dvd_r...iving_dead.htm

Comparison between the Arrow and the Blue Underground Blu-Ray: http://10kbullets.com/reviews/c/city-of-the-living-dead-bluray-blue-underground-vs-arrow-video/

They will also release "Opera a.k.a. Terror at the Opera" and "Martin" in special edition. From what I?ve read, both "Opera a.k.a. Terror at the Opera" and "Martin" will be 2 dvd editions. Check out their other releases because almost all of them have exclusice extras, so far I?m a proud owner of "Sleepless", "Macabre" and "House By The Cemetery".
    ________
    Bondage stories

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  2. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

Damn...i want this really bad...!

3. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I'm all over this.

4. springjack

springjack New Member

5. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

Oh my, that certainly peaked my interest.

6. dvdfan

dvdfan Member

Would be especially nice is this is a Region Free BluRay. I know some Arrow's dics are, but since Blue Underground has the rights here in the states, this one will most likely be locked to Region B.

7. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

especially since we're getting our own rerelease of City of the Living Dead. too bad, cause theirs looks better:mad:

8. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that Arrow region locks their media. Either way I'm getting the dvd version. I've been waiting for this ever since I heard about it a few months back.

9. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

I think Horrorhound magazine is having an article devoted to this release next month.

10. Jeremy

Jeremy Closet SCREAM fan

Based on Arrow's previous work, my guess is that they will probably make it region free - UNLESS they are under contractual obligation from the licensor to make it region-locked. Sometimes the rights holders are a pain about this, but I don't see it being in Arrow's financial interest to make this a region locked title if they don't have to, seeing that, with those extras, they are in a very good position to eat into Blue Underground's market share.

11. springjack

springjack New Member

If it turns out to be region locked, buy the Arrow Dvd for the extras and the Blue Underground Blu-Ray for the movie. I know it could turn out expensive for some people but for those of you who love the movie is an option.

I will ask in the Arrow forums if they already know the region of the Blu-Ray.
    ________
    MILF EBONY

12. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Wonder how this will compare in terms of picture quality to the upcoming Blue Underground ? It would seem to have the edge as far as extras go.

13. Stige

Stige Active Member

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  14. Eddyw78

Eddyw78 Member

Does anyone know the technical specs of this Arrow release? The Blue Underground has DTS HD Master 7.1. If the specs on the Arrow disc are the same, that'll be the one for me.

15. springjack

springjack New Member

News from the Arrow forum...

DVD AND BLU-RAY WILL BE REGION FREE...

Added the time of all the extras...
    ________
    Discuss Vaporizers

16. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

oooooh, this just got very, very interesting!

17. Iron Jaiden

Iron Jaiden New Member

Done... sold for sure! Good on you Arrow. :glasses:

18. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

I am SO glad I didnĀ“t pre-order the Blue-Underground disc, cause the Arrow disc is gonna leave it in the dust!

Arrow is fast becoming my favorite DVD/BD company!

19. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Member

.....and I told myself that I wasnt going to buy this movie anymore after I bought the BU Blu.I FUCKING LOVE THIS MOVIE!

Sean

20. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Member

.....and I told myself that I wasnt going to buy this movie anymore after I bought the BU Blu.I FUCKING LOVE THIS MOVIE!

Sean