Classic Media to release WS Godzilla dvds!

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by rxfiend, Mar 17, 2004.

1. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

on Monster Zero, they stated that Classic Media will be re-releasing their Godzilla titles in widescreen!! these include Vs Mothra, Terror of MG and Godzilla's Revenge, along with the upcoming Monster Zero. definately great news! i doubt they'll have japanese audio, but it's still better than their previous discs.

2. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I'm all over these. I've already got the Monster Zero through a trade with Dave from the previous releases. My goal is to obtain all of G's films on DVD in region 1/0. Hopefully they all get a release sometime or another.

3. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

I hope they include extras, like trailers and poster galleries. Deleted footage, and both the American and Japanese versions (they are always edited differently) but I might be asking for way too much :(

4. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

i think you are asking too much. if anything, there might be trailers and poster galleries. i highly doubt they'll be dual versions. Maybe if Anchor Bay was releasing it, or some similiar company, but i don't see Classic Media doing this. I do hope the transfers are anamorphic though.

5. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Well, Sci-Fi channel has shown letterbox versions of the classic series for years, so it's nice to finally have them on DVD. I mean I guess we could buy the Japanese releases but they cost a ton and do not include subtitles.