Code Red ensures their first official 2-disc won't go Unseen

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

Hey CodeRedDVD, Fangoria now lists Butcher, Baker, Nightmare Maker as 'future undated'. What happened?

2. Stige

Stige Active Member

please don't let butcher baker go the same way as redeemer

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I'm still hoping The Redeemer will get a release. After all, it had a theatrical showing recently.

4. Stige

Stige Active Member

well I guess I can still live in hope , would love to retire my VHS and VHS rip

5. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

Wow, what a shitty film. Zero suspense, not much gore, and even Stephen Furst in a diaper couldn't save this turd. I was equally unimpressed by the acting all around, with the lone exception being Sydney Lassick. Even he got on my nerves after awhile but he was still solid. I hadn't seen this one before but I always heard good things about this one. Those opinions couldn't have been further from being right about this one.

Wow, what a bad, bad film.

The DVD was decent enough I guess, though nothing too amazing. The extras weren't bad. The sound was very flat and I found myself increasing the volume alot to hear the dialogue. The transfer was ok, nothing stellar but passable.

6. onebyone

onebyone Guest

41 minutes in and I am just barely hanging on to my will to live. :sleepy:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2008
  7. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

:lol: Sorta glad I cancelled my pre-order after hearing a bit more comments like this.

8. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

This is one of those flicks that looked so great when you saw the trailer when it first camer out in the theaters. You thought for sure there would be some serious rape scenes by God knows what going on in that dungeon of a basement. Nothing like that at all.

I like it just because of Flounder acting like such a retard :lol:

9. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i am perfectly happy with my vidamerica vhs

10. Mutilated Prey

The DVD is a definite upgrade. I sold my VHS on eBay like 2 weeks before the DVD release for $16 (I think I bought it for $10 originally). I ripped the VHS for fun - cleaned it up and such. The DVD was basically a free upgrade.

11. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

Man, I dunno why everyone rags on the stuff Code Red puts out. Back when Boarding House came out, every post was saying how boring and lame it was, but I dug the shit out of it. I laughed my ass off throughout the whole thing. Same deal with almost everything else, especially The Forest.

Mind you, Don't Go in the Woods was pretty rough, but even that had it's moments (like the wheelchair guy, just amazing).

12. Mutilated Prey

CodeRed is doing us horror freaks a great service. They are releasing really random rare stuff that most others don't even know how to digitize properly, and they're getting the original negatives. Sure, some of the flicks are a little below par, but always seem to keep me interested on different levels - no complaints here. I love that they're letting me upgrade a few of my old VHS's.

13. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

I agree fully. They take flicks that no one would even think of releasing and they give them the deluxe treatment. They really give horror fans what they want, which is why I'm confused that most people trash them at times. Maybe it goes back to when they were posting on here and people didn't think they were legit or something.

14. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I enjoyed every single Code Red release that I have purchased before this one. I even laughed my way through Boardinghouse. This one was just soul suckingly bad in my opinion and I have a high tolerance for bad.

I don't think horror fans rag on every single release Code Red has, they fall all over them (and mostly with good cause) so I got to call :bs: Some of their Internet postings were very strange way back when, but that doesn't mean I love my Doom Asylum DVD any the less.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2008
  15. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

I love their stuff, personally. They seem to be going for the video store nostalgia factor, so there's probably just a small market of d00dz like us picking this stuff up because it reminds us of picking up random boxes at the local convenience/video store in the 80s and taking our chances (which usually ended up being the type of cheesy crap that Code Red's been putting out, ironically).

I think they've been retarded when it comes to their release schedule and the fact that there's still no update on The Mutilator one way or the other is just weird, but overall I get a kick out of what they're doing.

16. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

Still haven't gotten a single disc from these guys yet.

Gotta catch up!

17. Mutilated Prey

I own about 75% of the releases and will definitely pick up a few of the future ones.

18. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

I love The Unseen! Been looking everywhere for it, but have not located it yet. If any of the folks who hate it wanna unload their copy drop me a PM!

19. Great movie. I have a used Vidamerica VHS that still has most of the original wrapping on it!

20. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Hey man, I haven't ragged on any of their DVDs. I agree with Onebyone that their initial forum posting was pretty :fucked:, but after I bought BOARDINGHOUSE my opinion quickly changed...went on to get DON'T GO IN THE WOODS, THE FOREST, SOLE SURVIVOR and I have HOT MOVES pre-ordered.

The only thing that interest me here was that it's by Danny Steinmann, and I love his other films. Sadly, he dismissed it and I really haven't heard much beyond that it's a boring film. So this is clearly an opinion about one title and not the impressive and fun Code Red catalogue which most of us have been enjoying.:glasses: