Code Red working on a new Madman dvd

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Wow, I actually saw the new Madman DVD in a store. Hastings had it for $15.99, and I had store credit...so I grabbed it.

If nothing else, I can sell it later when it goes OOP. :eek1:

2. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

Perhaps he just doesn't have anything to say, much like a hunter doesn't engage a deer in conversation before he shoots it.

Seriously, Marz has been an extremely anti-social hermit for years. He probably has very little use for language.

3. Fall Break

Fall Break Member

I thought he couldn't speak because he was hung from a tree? Or did I miss something here?

4. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Good call - it's definitely possible.

I love that part when he makes those noises running across his yard :lol:

5. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Member

Anchor Bay UK "horror classics" dvd

Does anyone know if the AB region 1 dvd is much different then the region 2 "horror classics" dvd? It seems to have the same features.I heard that the AB horror classics dvds are vanilla releases.

sean

6. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

Or the fact that he got hit in the face with an axe! XD

7. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It's probably very similar and sourced from the same transfer; except for the PAL speedup, and it's most likely interlaced since it's an AB PAL release (all have been as far as I know), whereas the R1 AB release is progressive.

8. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

Christ, I just realized this thread had 406 replies...for fucking MADMAN?!?! :lol:

9. Severn

Severn Member

Personally I think the movie is whatever but the word on this DVD was such a train wreck that I had to see for myself. As a video editor myself I was dying to see if all the negative stuff I heard about the bonus feature was true. Oh yeah, it was. Man give me the project file and I'll take care of the interlacing problem.

10. KamuiX

Definitely dig how passionate everyone is about the quality of their DVD's. I just think it's funny this round of consumer outrage was sparked by Madman :p

The quality of the disc does look pretty dire. With a PS3, interlacing isn't an issue for me anymore (although at this point, unless it's a TV movie and there aren't any film elements, the issue should be moot), but damn the changes on the actual film's color tone and how blurry it looks should never have made it out of quality. And the guys at Code Red wonder why they're going to go under...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  11. knewby

knewby Member

Maybe so many pages on MADMAN because its finally getting some slasher credit..................Larry

12. Stige

Stige Active Member

according to my powerdvd8 it is interlaced

the bonus features are all there though on the horror classics dvd I have. Gave away my original madman region 1 dvd after watching it because to my eyes it was a more pleasing image than on the region 1

also has a DD5.1 track which is echo like much of the times but on occation adds alot to the creepy vibe of the film

13. FilmFiend

FilmFiend New Member

14. g0mang071

g0mang071 New Member

I finally plunked down for the new Madman DVD. The extras sound killer even if the picture is inferior to AB edition(which I've replaced once already at OOP prices after my first copy got stolen). Are there people that are buying like 2 and 3 copies of this? Seems like it is backordered everywhere again - I ordered a copy via an Amazon third party seller. Of course, I remember this happening with "The Strangeness" when that came out. Also, ordered "The Night Child", "Slithis" and "Horror High" - can't fucking wait!

Anyway it's a shame that Code Red is calling it a day. I've really enjoyed their releases and who else is going to put out masterworks like "The Forest" or "Don't Go In The Woods"? I will continue to support their releases as I can and esp looking forward to "Nightmare" at long last. Maybe "Rituals" and "Butcher Baker..." will come out next year as well.

15. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

If Butcher Baker Nightmare Maker doesn't come out, *I will actually commit murder. But so far the titles that CR forgot about seem to be coming out, so I'm feeling happy about it.

(* Not really)

16. KamuiX

I honestly think if they get Rituals and Nightmare Maker out before they close up shop, 2012 will seriously be the end for all of us.

17. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

Don't forget Nightmare.

18. Fall Break

Fall Break Member

Finally got my copy. Amazon figured it was lost and refunded my money and a week later ir shows up.
    I have to ask this I noticed that during the opening while TP is singing the parts that are flash forwarding to sceans later in the movie you can see the "Blue Filter" was active and in the same parts later in the movie no "Blue Filter". I starting to wonder if this was the way it was supposed to be. Why would they color correct the whole movie except for the flash forwards, unless they intended to do it. Did anybody else notice this?
    As for the DVD the menu is very good and the extras are rockin. I'm even digin the picture quality (Still glad got my AB disc).

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  19. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Another review:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/44654/madman/

Looking at the comparisons in that review, Code Red's transfer (despite it's flaws) looks a little better in terms of color, the transfer it's self looks OK.

20. springjack

springjack New Member

Well, as I?m in the UK at work for some future releases, I remembered this quote and tracked down a second hand copy of the Anchor Bay U.K. edition of our beloved MADMAN to see if what the producer said was right.

The veridict??? It?s the same print as the one from Anchor Bay US.
    With that in mind I can only say that Mr. Gary Sales is a liar.

The print has the same definition and the same blue hue as the one from the States. No wonder no one in the UK complained, it?s the same print...
    ________
    Shemale Japanese

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011