Code Red's Nightmare aka Nightmares in a Damaged Brain

Discussion in 'General' started by delicreep, Jul 8, 2008.

1. startide

startide Member

FWIW, out of all the crap POS I've bought on ebay, I was always surprised at how much I genuinely liked Nightmare. And that was first viewing and everything, not to mention being a woman who doesn't get off on violence and OTT gore.

2. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

Reviving an old thread FTW!

I'm sure many of you already know about this, but just in case, some gracious individual (from this forum, maybe?) has taken the time to translate and apply subtitles to the interview with Romano Scavolini from Code Red's Nightmare DVD.

Part 1:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnViPTC-ruA&list=FLW606pPDNCOfH6mCGTWO21A&index=1
    Part 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYAqmW95Yco
    Part 3:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwKNxSBg_mc

I gotta say, it's not what I expected. Not that I'm disappointed, but this interview reveals Romano in a very confusing light. The man is clearly delusional as to Nightmare's success and can't seem to give a straightforward answer to any of the questions. He also claims that the film opened up in 117 theaters in New York City, when it actually opened up in only 50 (still a decent number for a film of this kind).

I haven't made it all the way through the interview as I found his rambling to actually be rather boring. But I am looking forward to to seeing whether or not he discusses Tom Savini's "involvement" in the special effects.

3. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Somebody on Cinemageddon did those subs. Props to them.

4. BlackAndBlu81

BlackAndBlu81 New Member

Would anyone on here happen to have the 2 disc code red dvd of this for trade or sell?

5. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

No way I could look and listen to that dood for an hour and a half.

6. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

i knew it was just a matter of time. thanks for pointing it out. i will definitely check this out over the next few days.

7. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    Righteous post holmes! I'm streaming these now.

8. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I watched the blu-ray last night, and have to agree with Dobby that it doesn't make sense. How did George father a child if he has been institutionalized since he was a kid (assuming he's in there for the double murder of his father and the mistress)? Unless perhaps the mother spent time in the same institution? Wouldn't surprise me, the way she is constantly screaming at her kids for no reason.

I guess I never really thought about it before and simply took it for what it was, just a fun little slasher flick.

9. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

It's an entertaining trainwreck of a movie that didn't deserve the infamy or cult status it obtained, the saga of Savini and his girlfriend gave it some boost in the Vipco era.

10. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

I was under the assumption that George was institutionalized for later crimes, such as stalking, but not found out about his initial double homicide.

Also, if he was as a kid, it's possible they released him as a teen, he was still have problems mentally, and they brought him back in for self harm as an adult. Which is why he left his wife and kids in the first place, was his inability to cope with society with a ... damaged brain.