Code Red's Nightmare aka Nightmares in a Damaged Brain

Discussion in 'General' started by delicreep, Jul 8, 2008.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

thanks for the update it's good to see it will be coming out but is the price really gonna be around $30 dollars? hopefully spring 2009 it will be released right?

2. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

This will probably be MSRP.

I hope.

3. delicreep

delicreep Well-Known Member

Now that it looks like the DVD is nearing completion, I wonder what the artwork will be. I haven't seen anything that knocks my socks off as far as the original theatrical and video releases go.

This is the only one that I like:

[​IMG]

This image is the most prevalent, but is still pretty weak:

[​IMG]

And, just for reference, here is the truly awful UK artwork:

[​IMG]

There is another poster floating around, this one featuring a shadowed figure wielding a HUGE knife with a woman's face reflected in the blade. I couldn't find a linkable image, but you can see it on the IMDB page for Nightmare. It's also not that great.

There are also the VHS covers, all of which are shoddy and not really worth putting on a DVD cover (although the Blood Splash VHS does feature a woman with an axe in her head, it's a really chintzy looking image).

4. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I have the New Star VHS with the picture of the dood coming through the standup mirror with a trenchcoat on holding a knife. It's pretty lame so we don't need that one.

5. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

Yeah, the original VHS cover of the video nasty was lame too. I'm sure they'll contact Mr. Morris for something good. ;)

6. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I'm partial to the "woman screaming" one-sheet artwork. I have some nice newspaper clippings of that when it played in Reno and San Francisco. I was always amused how often the "arm" was always placed in different spots in different ads. It's placement in all the ads never made sense to me! What is it doing there????? ;)

7. delicreep

delicreep Well-Known Member

This is the copy that I have. I completely forgot to mention it...

8. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

If you go on the imdb link I sent, you will see one poster that has an image of an arm with a knife swooping down, and the image of a screaming woman's face in the reflection of the blade. I'm not 100% sure if this is an official 'Nightmare' poster, though I do think it would be the most appropriate. The tagline appears to say "The screams you hear...could be your own!!"

I'm sure I've heard that tagline somewhere... even still. I think this is the best poster.http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1470536960/tt0082818

9. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

^i like that poster. its kinda cool. but for some reason, i somewhat like the "woman screaming" one sheet, it looks really cheesy, and stupid, i mean what is she doing!!!?!? her arm is like no where near her neck or body. it kinda suits the film.

10. BrokeNads

BrokeNads New Member

Is much money to charge for this but is a good idea if example director can sign maybe 100 special insert inside dvd so you not now if you copy will have but you take a chance and i think is maybe worth for a gamble with some extra dollars.

11. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

I like either of the first two posters...though kind of lean toward the second. Probably because I'm so used to seeing that artwork in connection with the film.

12. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I have the VHS under the alternate title of 'Blood Splash' and the cover art is pretty awesome.

[​IMG]

13. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

That's a cool cover. I'd buy it looking like that. I'm not liking the whole 'knife' poster.

14. CodeRedDVd

CodeRedDVd Guest

Fun cover, but I can't use it. That release from Platinum was a bootleg with a bogus video generated title card BLOOD SPLASH added. Cover is owned and created by Platinum and not the property of CODE RED or the right owners.

CODE RED DVD cover will be the old theatrical poster, in keeping with our retro original covers.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2008
  15. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Is that the one with the woman and her arm coming out of a wall?

16. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

funny that there is a warning on the sleeve saying that the movie contains scenes of violence, as if someone was stupid enough not to know that looking at that cover :D

17. wago70

:banana: Loves it! Speaking of the original theatrical poster (the woman screaming version), was there ever any available without the tape covering Tom Savini's name? :confused:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  18. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

Personally I can't stand the Platinum video cover. Granted this film is total sleaze 'n' cheeze, but that cover is just god-awful. Hell, the woman on the front isn't even in the film. I hold it up there with the equally god-awful video cover of the guy (oddly resembling Freddy from Wes Craven's New Nightmare) coming out of the mirror.

Still, I'd kill for the one of the knife swooping down. But I'll still be happy with seeing the original theatrical poster as the cover. And MAJOR kudos to Code Red for always using the original theatrical poster!!

Also, many thanks to Wago for posting that newspaper advert for the film!! I love seeing vintage stuff like that. Makes me giddy, it does!

19. CodeRedDVd

CodeRedDVd Guest

I have three theatrical posters (the woman screaming version), and none of them has Savini's name covered. But I guess they did that when Savini complained. ebay has one minus Savini's name.

http://cgi.ebay.com/One-Sheet-Poste...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:2|294:50

20. wago70

Thanks! Love the film. *good times!!* :)