CodeRed DVD here! New announcements

Discussion in 'General' started by CodeRedDVd, Nov 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

Cut him a fucking break guys, he's new at it and trying to give us the best possible product he can. At least he's listening to us... where's Anchor Bay? Oh yeah, they made their bucks off of us and don't care anymore.

You're doubting him for what? I'm sure he's said he's had distributer problems a million times in the past month. Why the hell is everyone on his case and all the sudden having a stroke?! Did I miss something?

And now for a question, how far along is your remastering of the movie/ability to actually put it to disc with Sweet Sixteen and Don't Go in the Woods? If that's all done and you have the rights, "pulling the rabbit out of your ass" shouldn't be too hard.

2. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

CodeRed is doing fantastic.

Name me one other company that actually comes down to ask the consumers themselves. None.

Bravo, CodeRed. Keep up the work. :)

3. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Yep, what old boo said.

Is it that time of the month again already? :eek2:

Thanks for posting here Brad and I hope you continue to do so, but if you don't I wouldn't blame you. Just put out some good dvds and remember BloodStalkers. ;)

4. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

Hey, I will wait a little longer for Don't Go In The Woods. I would much rather have a movie with extras than a bare bones DVD. Anchor Bay is getting bad about saying a movie is coming out on a certain date, for example, Cemetary Man, supposed to come out September 2005, and it probably won't be released until September 2006, and Anchor Bay is getting to the point where they are coming out with more editions of movies, like Evil Dead 1-3. Don't get me wrong, but I am a huge fan of the Evil Dead films, but until AB comes out with Within The Woods, I don't know if I am going to buy anymore of there DVDS. I have already pretty much boycotted Universal on there TV Show DVDs, because they are too cheap to put them out on a single sided disc, dual layer, and to boot, they charge about $45.00 for it. I would gladly pay $45.00 if they had 6 discs with art, and don't have to flip the disc. Brad is new, and I never thought that Don't Go In The Woods would ever get a DVD release. Some of the others I really have not heard of, but most of the movies mentioned for release I was not very old at the time of there release.

5. I run a small, DIY underground metal label. We have no "official" distributor and we sell all our stuff to the direct market which is the only way we can survive. So I am rooting for Code Red and I think it's cool they're going to try and sell the stuff themselves direct. I never shop at Best Buy anyway so I don't have to worry about finding their stuff in stores. Limited edition DVD's? Sounds fine with me! Are there even more than 3 thousand fans of Sweet Sixteen anyway? I doubt it.

Most companies wouldn't even try if they couldn't get an official distributor, so I give them credit for going forward on everything. I'll be the first to order their new titles as soon as they're made available.

6. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Can we wait and see if this is all legit before extending praise.

7. If the company turns out to be bullshit, then I'll post a picture of myself on here eating this hat...

[​IMG]

8. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

People complained that Blue Underground WAS replacing discs for Blind Dead. I mean, come on, there's just some plain assholes out there. Synapse Films was getting crazy faxes from a fan who later road cross country to do a bomb threat at their local police station. They also got harassing threats from the film makers in two cases because they were putting out too good of a DVD. Bill Lustig and Don May Jr. are always talking about people out manuevering them for distribution rights (no real details). And the problems Shriek Show had with Zombi 2 rights and the fallout from an ex-employee on such titles as A Lizard in a Woman's Skin still haunt them. Charles Band got all kinds of bad mouth from fans on his own blog with the Puppet Master boxset. It's obviously a tough buisness so I don't blame DVD companies for being hush hush now.

But at the same time you don't see Don May getting scolded by readers over on Mobius's forums. We need to understand that it's in our best interest to give these guys some space. It's far too easy to be an asshole online. It reminds me of that line from Manos: The Hands of Fate, "Killing doesn't help anymore." Yelling and screaming online doesn't help anymore, but then it never did.

I think there's still hope out there though. Over at his blog Don May gave out his XBox360 live account name so anyone could message and play him along with others from Synapse. You'd think that he'd never speak again online after all the nuts he's gone up against. Sometimes I guess it just takes awhile to feel out the internet. To see where a company feels comfortable, because people react differently to a company representitive. After all, if I said I personally was going to put Don't Go In the Woods on DVD-R from a copy I made off a LD along with a trailer ripped off of a VHS people would think that's dynamite. But "LD sourced master," "VHS source mastered trailers" and "no other extras" from a "real" DVD company would be like putting black death in a DVD case and selling it. Which, if anyone's a reader on DVD Drive-In, you'd know has all been done before.

Well, not the black death part, although I'd probably consider the digital remastering of Dr. Strangelove to be just that. ;)

9. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong. They seem to have their hearts and minds in the right place so I won't be poo-pooing them until they start fucking up on a regular basis--and even then I'll buy the releases that they manage to do correctly, just like with AB, SS, MB, or anyone else.

Everyone just take a fucking breath already. It's only DVDs, ya know. Sheesh! :)

10. Wayne Manor

Wayne Manor New Member

Seconded. We kid because we love.

11. Yes Code Red. Don't freak out and become a psycho on me. My comment wasn't meant to be slanderous towards you in any way whatsoever. Did you even pay attention? I said I'm willing to give you guys a chance. I also said, to prove the doubters wrong, you'd have to do something really good(NOTE: I NEVER once said I doubted you)

And as OBO said, you're a new label. You do have everything to prove. Whenever any new label comes around talking about shit they're gonna do, people naturally want to make sure they're gonna back it up. This goes for any label, big or small. You have to be prepared for comments and scrutiny. Lots of it.

If you extend us courtesy, we'll gladly do the same to you. But, you had no right to blow up like that at me. Would you be able to extend an apology? I didn't do anything wrong whatsoever, but I'd be willing to apologize anyway, if you apologize first.

12. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

if they are not legit, why would the directors, producers and cast even participate in th extras, plus why would they have access to negatives?

13. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

Just read about a flick called The Headless Eyes, sounds pretty sleazy and gory. I'd love to see this on DVD. Any chance, Code Red?

14. Wayne Manor

Wayne Manor New Member

Here's what Code Red previously said about this film:

"Headless Eyes
    Several claim to own it. It looks like a nightmare to get involved, considering one messageboard said negative is destroyed."

15. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

screw the haters! i dont care if your dvds take 10 more years to come out. QUALITY is more important. yes, being new you have to prove yourself, but everyone has to start somewhere right? i have good hope in CodeRed. after all people, would you rather $ony release these movies? how bout parramount? if it wasnt for companies like CodeRed, all our fav. movies would be shitted on by major studios. keep up the good work and i look forward to your releases.

16. Where are ya Code Red?

17. Golgo13

Golgo13 Guest

How did I miss the awesomeness that took place in this thread?

The way I see it:
    1) Please get a PR person. Your outburst just painted you guys as a couple of 17-year old kids hanging out in you parent's basement. Re-designing your website wouldn't hurt either.

2)I think you guys have said enough. You've got your announced releases, what you want to put on them and when you expect to hammer them out for mass consumption. That's really all we need to hear. Now just come up with some results because so far it's all vaporware till I hold an actual Code Red product in my hand.

3)Stop wasting your time answering questions to which you'll delete the response to anyway. Just tell everyone to email you or whatever.

4)Good luck.

18. betterdan

betterdan Guest

How did I miss turning on my crap filter?

19. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

How can any of this be confirmed until we see a DVD or some clips?

20. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

Yeah, but it takes sometime to put out a DVD, I recall when Blue Underground first announced their company, their first title wasn't up for pre-book for a good six month. I think we are forgetting DVD just does not pop out of thin air overnight. Remember as they said, extras do take time and effort, and at least it sounds like they are QC their transfer and discs. They said they are doing a new transfer, especially from the cut camera negatives on some titles, take a long long time. And then you have to do clean up work, it does not happen overnight.

They did say expect the first title in May, so they are obviously making a release schedule. I think we should give them a benefit of a doubt for at least they were kind enough to listen to our input and suggestions.

I think you mentioned on this board that you are a filmmaker yourself, and I dont think these rights owners will sign the rights away, or participate in extras, if this was not legit, right? You can get in a big legal trouble if you are not. Also since they are working with the filmmakers to ensure the transfer comes out right, that too will take time depending on the filmmakers schedule. I am sure you wouldnt want some DVD label doing a rush job on putting out your film on DVD, right?

Just my two cents, as all this talk about this topic is getting kinda like "beating a dead horse". And we instead of gaining, we might have lost a valuable relationship with a label that was open to hear our voices.

Again just my two cents.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.