CodeRed DVD here! New announcements

Discussion in 'General' started by CodeRedDVd, Nov 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

I agree with Arrow Beach here. I can't believe how some of you are acting. I'm surprised the mods haven't stepped in thus far. I'm very grateful that Code Red has stopped by to chat with us. It's more than you can say for a lot of companies. And if they're not doing things in a timely enough manner for you, guess what...THEY'RE A NEW COMPANY. Give them some friggin' slack and stop being jackasses.

Nobody heard anything from NoShame until they finally released their first batch of discs. Code Red could've easily done the same thing, but no. They decided to come here and interact with us. And this is how you guys repay them.

Wonder why none of the other movie directors or people from other companies post here anymore? You guys (whether you intend to or not) come across as MEAN.

2. Golgo13

Golgo13 Guest

3. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

WesReviews and ArrowBeach, you make good points. I don't really think anyone has been excessively mean, though. This is still the friendliest forum I've ever seen and I hardly think the mods needed to step in. Trust me, there's nothing worse than forums like that. There are two extremes. Not moderated enough and overmoderated. I don't think this site has ever veered in either direction--thank God.

I don't want to waste anymore time on this. If the DVD's surface and look to be good, I'll buy them. Maybe they handled things here as best they could, but I think some of the responses were very unprofessional. That's just my opinion. Perhaps it's only a misunderstanding. I agree that more indie Horror companies and competition for AB, BU, Synapse etc, is a good thing.

But I'm also a bit gun shy and I thought that maybe someone was "Posing". I've seen that kind of thing before. I'm pretty sure I was wrong, now. I shall refrain from further posts on the topic until the discs debut.

4. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Good posts Arrow and Wes.

Glad to see you come around Indy. Now if some others would get off their high horse on this matter...

5. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Just because some don't kiss ass at the drop of a hat doesn't mean they are mean people, jackasses, or riders of high horses so save it. All things considered, no one has been excessively mean to CodeRed in this thread. I am rooting for them, same as everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2006
  6. Golgo13

Golgo13 Guest

Yeah sorry if I ruined your chances of getting free screeners :rolleyes:

7. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Some people on the other hand have fell off their high horses and struck their head on cement it seems...

8. We're MEAN? Oh no, what am I gonna do now? He called me MEAN! :eek: Eh, go fuck yourself :banana:

And I love this quote by OBO:

Right on! Just because we don't kiss ass at the drop of a hat, we're automatically on high horses and mean? Go jump off a bridge :evil:

9. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Did the cement hurt?

10. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

Good mature post there, buddy.

There's a difference between kissing ass and being courteous and not just a cynical jerk just because one can be. And about screeners, because of the current workload at my real job, I've not had time to review anything...hence, I receive ZERO screeners. Don't know whose ass you pulled that one from.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2006
  11. onebyone

onebyone Guest

You know, there were not much going on in this thread until, for whatever reason, people decided to keep the CodeRed peace by blantantly picking fights.

12. This is true. Some people obviously have nothing better to do but post/talk a lot of :bs: They just can't get over the fact that people doubt/bad mouth Code Red. They need to get over it and get on with their lives. If they don't like CR being badmouthed, tough. Deal with it and move on :D

And WesReviews, thanks for the compliment! And Dan, the cement didn't hurt, but thanks for asking! :)

13. chrishicks

chrishicks classic is back!!!

damn, how did I miss this thread? I just read all 24 pages and I want to believe this is all true but I just have that "r_burgos2003" feeling going on. I'm not sure exactly why but I just have that feeling. now continue with the thread.

14. Luna

Luna Guest

Shh, not so loud.

People don't like mean, different thinkers 'round these here parts.

15. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Well, what did you expect from a guy who would rather say "Fuck the haters to hell!" instead of offering any constructive input when he disagrees with someone? This isn't a guy to take seriously.

16. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

-sigh-

What the hell is wrong with you people? Will be reviewing this thead, and the rest of this apparently Godforsaken forum this weekend when I have time away from my real, paying job.

17. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

What excatly do you mean?

What kind of feeling? I don't excatly understand the "r_burgos2003" part.

18. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

He means that someone could have made up the company Code Red just to get attention. I'm not trying to be "mean" or anything, but technically it is possible. It doesn't cost much to get a domain name and it doesn't look like a lot of work was put into the website. It also wouldn't be difficult to go around to all of the major movie message boards and announce that you are releasing some horror titles that fans have been waiting on for years. What better way to ensure that all eyes are on you on a forum such as this?

Again, no disrespect to anybody, I'm just laying out the possibilities.

19. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

RyanPC, you have a point, BUT again, as I said previously, would these filmmakers and producers license out their films, and lend Code Red out their negatives, if they were fake? I am sure these filmmakers and producers delt with crooks before, but the crooks were legit crooks. I am sure if a bunch of kids show up, and talk like they don't know what they are talking about, I am sure they would have told them to beat it.

Also it is not free to license a film, so if this was a prank, would these pranksters pay thousands and thousands of dollars licensing these films? It would make no sense. Someone posted here or it might been elsewhere, that a poster contact THE FOREST and DON'T GO IN THE WOODS directors, and both of them verified a professional company has indeed license their titles out, are we now to doubt these two directors? Or that CKY's Deron Miller would get involved as well,and he also posted on his website too?

Anyway, again, just my two cents worth. This really is "beating a dead horse". If all this proves to be false, it would be the biggest hoax in the DVD world, probably up there with Orson Welle's F FOR FAKE, and I for one would eat my shorts in disbelief.

20. chrishicks

chrishicks classic is back!!!

wait, there's a website? I don't seem to remember seeing it anywhere in this thread. was it in one of the many edited posts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.