Confessions of a Serial Killer R1 DVD

Discussion in 'General' started by Mark Relford, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

According to the Chopping List, Confessions will be out on 7/6 from Concorde. This is an overlooked serial killer movie based on the exploits of Henry Lee Lucas. It makes a great companion piece to Henry: POASK. Robert A. Burns (Production designer for TCM, The Hills Have Eyes, The Howling, etc.) plays the woman-hating redneck, "Daniel Ray Hawkins" and he's very convincing. Hopefully this DVD will be uncut... The R2 DVD was severely butchered and could be passed off as a Lifetime movie. Any fans?

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

GREAT NEWS!!!!! I too bought the R2 DVD, and it is absolutely worthless. Two complete scenes are completely cut out from that piece of garbage. Also, all of the cuss words are beeped out...pathetic.

If it's coming out from Roger Corman's Concorde label again, it will be most definitely be uncut. The old VHS edition wasn't cut (that I know of) and I've never had a Concorde/New Horizons DVD having a cut version.

UPDATE: It's listed for pre-order on CD Universe for only $6.97 and is indeed set to be released on July 6th, 2004.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2004
  3. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

This is a must have for me. Haven't seen the film in a good while, but I remember loving it almost as much as I love HPOASK.

4. satanservant

satanservant Guest

I used to love this film as well. The actors are convincing in their roles and it has a sleazy atmosphere to the whole thing. $6.97 is a great price and I will definitley be picking one up.

5. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

I've always skipped this film in video stores because the cover made it look like a cheap Silence Of The Lambs ripoff ...
    Mark has shown me the light though, so I'm getting this when available.

6. Mark Relford

Tell me about it! The "fixing the air conditioner" scene is disturbing stuff in the uncut version. You see her walk in on Moon and then the lights go out. :fire:

I hope they have a different cover for the DVD, cause it does a disservice to the movie.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2004
  7. Katatonia

What the hell happened to this DVD release? I thought it was strange when it was removed from most sites...

8. Atmims

Atmims Guest

Same here. Amazon is the only one that has it listed and they say "out of Stock". Did you actually get your's Mark?

9. Katatonia

Yeah, I just don't trust Amazon and their "release dates". I can name many times where other retailers removed an item from their website and Amazon still had it listed for release. Yet, when the release date comes, Amazon will put "order this item used now" or something similar. They did the same damn thing with another DVD just a few weeks back I wanted to order...grrrr.

10. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I'm waiting till someone actually gets a copy before I order this.

11. Mark Relford

Nope. :( Why was it cancelled? I tried to e-mail New Concorde's site, but it came back as undeliverable.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2004