Contacting Image

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by betterdan, Jan 11, 2001.

1. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

Wow! Behave yourself son!
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion. That does not make him an idiot!

Now, I got the DVD from Amazon today and, yes, it sounds like shit. It shows that there was no work on the audio section and they should at least provided subtitles for the damn thing! The picture is stellar though. Refund! Refund!

My P.O.V.:
    DON'T BUY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

Hey Ma!! Git out the lawn chairs and some fudge pops! We gonna have us a throw down!!Whoo-eee!

------------------
    "When I go to confession, I don't offer God small sins - petty squables, jealousies - I offer him sins worth forgiving!"

May the Hammer eternally bleed!
    M. Hyde

3. Ralph Mouth

Ralph Mouth Guest

Well Betterdan, I am bothered about the end music because I like it and wanted to hear it all. Simple as that. As for the distortion - stupid idiots like yourself are making way too much of it and its about time someone sensible pointed out that it isn't too bad. I sat through the entire film thinking what is the problem? I heard everything everyone was saying quite clearly, and there were only a couple of scenes with the teenagers that were problematic. Several other people have agreed with me on this. Just cause you don't like it don't slag me off and call me an idiot you sad, senile anorak.

[This message has been edited by Ralph Mouth (edited 01-21-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Ralph Mouth (edited 01-21-2001).]

4. Dave

Dave Pimp

Guys,

We don't like name calling around here. Enough is enough - everyone is entitled to their opinions. Kiss and make up...

[​IMG]

------------------
    David W. Anderson - dave@horrordvds.com
    Webmaster - www.horrordvds.com

5. Salisnoir

Salisnoir Guest

The sound is unacceptable, there really should be no argument. I'm holding on to my BAY OF BLOOD disc, TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE VHS, and returning the Image disc as DEFECTIVE. If enough people return these discs, perhaps they'll remaster it properly.

6. Ralph Mouth

Ralph Mouth Guest

Am I not entitled to my opinion?

I guess I haven't caught this ear infection that seems to have affected a lot of people. I thought everyone was entitled to an opinion and yet when I say the Image disc is alright not only do I get alot of patronising rubbish spouted at me and am called an idiot by this betterdan geezer, but I am also told the disc is "not acceptable, end of arguement" by you. I think there is an arguement that the disc, whilst obviously not great in the audio department, is perfectly acceptable. Like I have said, other people agree with me, I have seen web sites reviewing the disc that say it is acceptable also (dvdunleashed; mondo-digital), just cause you don't like it doesn't give you the right to say I am wrong. I will happily hold on to me disc and you guys can do what you please with yours - maybe you are just expecting too much from a 30 year old film.

7. betterdan

betterdan Guest

First of all I am sorry for calling Ralph an idiot I was just kinda pissed about this disc. Maybe some discs don't sound as bad or something but mine definately is the worst sounding of all dvds I've ever heard. Maybe you found a good one Ralph or maybe the distortion really gets to me (but then again others have said the distortion is terrible for them too). It's weird how some say it's ok but others say it is terrible as hell. It's such a pity that they cleaned up the video so beautifully but didn't touch the audio. Oh well I've calmed down now but I will not keep this disc. Again sorry if I started any fighting. I am not mad at you guys just very disappointed in this release from Image.

------------------
    I have seen the new face of poverty and it is DVD...

8. Ralph Mouth

Ralph Mouth Guest

Thanks for the apology dan - I really didn't set out to antagonise anyone here, I just posted an opinion and was taken back by the response I received and therefore responded in a way I saw fit: so I apologise also.

I will say it again, I didn't think the Twitch disc was bad and I was very happy with it - and I know a bad disc when I see one, I used to own the noisey First Fright "Dementia 13" disc complete with video scar lines going up and down the screen!!!

At the end of the day, neither of us are right, we are all entitled to our opinion. Cheers.

[This message has been edited by Ralph Mouth (edited 01-22-2001).]

9. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Ok I got a new receiver (Pioneer w/ dolby digital and dts decoders GREAT!) to replace my old Sony Prologic receiver. I thought I would try the dvd again just to see if it made a difference in sound. It did, the sound is a lot better but still not as good as it should be. At least I'll now keep the disc.