CONTEST #3: MANIAC Madness

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Oct 19, 2010.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

The great thing about horror is that there are so many different tones and sub-genres within. You can have your horror-comedies or you can have dark, uncompromising madness. Bill Lustig's MANIAC falls into the latter category, and we've got three copies for giveaway for all you thick skinned horror fans out there. All you have to do is tell us: What horror film has been the toughest for you to watch?[/b]
    [​IMG]

The great thing about horror is that there are so many different tones and sub-genres within. You can have your horror-comedies or you can have dark, uncompromising madness. Bill Lustig's MANIAC falls into the latter category, and we've got three copies for giveaway for all you thick skinned horror fans out there. All you have to do is tell us: What horror film has been the toughest for you to watch?

There are movies that are too scary, movies that are too depressing, movies that are too violent, movies that are too gory, movies that are too cruel...whatever the case, it's these button pressing movies that still get talked about today. MANIAC, SALO, THE EXORCIST, FACES OF DEATH, CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST, all have a long history of outrage, but all still prove important today. Which horror movie is the toughest one for you to get through, and why?

Make a single post in this tread telling us what horror movie is toughest for you to watch and why, and you'll be entered in a draw to win one of three copies of Blue Underground's MANIAC on Blu-ray.

The contest runs for one full week and will end Monday, October 25th, when our next contest will begin. We will have a contest every week this October as part of our October Madness extravaganza.

Winners will be randomly selected based upon all the posts in this thread.

Let's hear it, horror fans...what horror movie is toughest for you to watch?

Attached Files:

2. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

August Underground's Penance. The Christmas scene specifically, easily the most disturbing thing ever filmed. You cannot shake the damage that scene does - ever.

I've seen all the nasties - Salo, Faces of Death, A Serbian Film, Cannibal Holocaust, etc. etc. but nothing else comes close to the evil that scene commits. I lost a bit of my so-called-soul that day.

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Toughest to watch? Easy! The Blair Witch Project, since it sucks. :p

4. Copyboy

Copyboy Member

Cannibal Ferox. Had to shut it off during the turtle scene and never went back.

5. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

I haven't really found a movie that was tough for me to get through, so far...

I guess i'll go with Cannibal Holocaust, just for the animal torture scenes alone. Nothing else in the movie really bothered me except for that.

6. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

The scene in Henry when they kill the family. It's not the most gruesome or graphic thing that'll get mentioned on this contest but that's my pick. I don't have a wife or any children but I ended up imagining myself in the same situation and it bummed me out so much. Seriously, it ruined that whole day for me.

I don't touch any of that August Underground type shit, so I'm sure something from that would probably be my pick if I did.

7. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

I actually fell asleep during Salo. Nowhere near its rep. Necromantic is sick from start to finish. Irreversible has the most brutal opening scene ever and for a few minutes is the worst thing you will ever see. I Spit On Your Grave probabally has the most prolonged of all the squirm scenes. It never ends.

I would put Maniac with Henry, I Stand Alone, In A Glass Cage and Clean Shaven as just unrelently grim, but not in the WTF am I watching class that the above hit.

So I guess if its "toughest to watch" Id have to go with Irreversible. It doesnt sustain it, but who would want it to?

8. sumo8675309

sumo8675309 Active Member

the movie "dumplings" by fruit chan , i can watch the most extreme of extreme but i draw the line there

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  9. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Any horror movie with animal violence is always a tough watch for me, like Cannibal Holocaust.
    On my first viewing I had a hard time sitting through I Spit On Your Grave.

10. Dank

Dank New Member

Buio Omega. Talk about repulsive. I felt like I was gonna throw up during this one.

11. bwana the clown

bwana the clown Supreme Ruler Of Sados

Another vote for Cannibal Holocaust because of the animal cruelty. What makes this one doubly depressing is that there's actually a really great film hidden away in there, and it would have been just as good without the animal stuff. I could never give this one a second watching.

12. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I Spit on Your Grave....the rape scenes are just awful. Ugh.

~Matt

13. Criswell

Criswell New Member

The final snuff scene from Emmanuelle in America.

Simply jaw dropping.

14. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

I've seen all the extreme ones (Salo, Cannibal Holocaust, I Spit on Your Grave, etc.) but one that I thoroughly enjoy and I have a hard time sitting through is Pet Semetary. The way the film deals with a death of a pet and then a death of a child is in a very surreal and depressing way that many films don't exhibit. It's one of my favorites, but for some reason the movie's approach to death is far more depressing then alot of films I have in my collection.

15. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I would have to say Cannibal Holocaust. I love the movie, but the scene that I fast forward is when they are cutting the turtle to eat it, otherwise I love the movie.

16. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

I Spit on Your Grave for obvious reasons.

17. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I remember having an incredibly tough time sitting through Troll 2. I am kind of curious to see it again though.

18. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

Cannibal Holocaust would be an obvious choice, but for my part, I'm gonna have to go with The Fly. Nothing makes me squirm with discomfort more than seeing the human body fall apart. Every time Veronica visits, Seth Brundle is a little more disfigured a little more grotesque. Brundle can't run from this horror - it's his own body destroying itself from within, like a cancer.

There are other movies that are just as gory, but The Fly is so intimate in its depiction of Brundle's physical and mental decay. I find it hard to watch.

19. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    There are many movies that I won't visit because of content, but out of the films that I actually like, the hardest for me to watch is The Devil's Rejects. I love the film but there are a few moments in the hotel room that I have trouble getting through.

20. nosmoke

nosmoke New Member

I have just recently watched the french horror film "Martyrs" and found it extremely disturbing. I enjoyed it and was troubled by it at the same time. I watched it alone, and I felt so disturbed after it that I had to call a friend of mine just to hear a calming human voice.