CONTEST #3: MANIAC Madness

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Oct 19, 2010.

1. skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy New Member

THREADS! Threads may not be defined as a horror movie, but it sure is horrifying. One of the greatest BBC movies ever made, it's portrayal of a nuclear war is so frightening and real it makes me sick to my stomach every time I see it.

Two words: Super Depressing

2. meljon

meljon New Member

When my brother's and I were kids we could never watch all of The Deadly Spawn because it would scare the hell out of us. We were so scared of that movie that our mom would use it to get us to act right. She would tell us to behave or else she'd put the movie on and when we heard that we would get are asses right. I really don't know what it was about that movie that scared us because we would sit through all the classics with my mom like freddy, jason, leatherface, michael and pinhead and enjoy them. Now that I'm older I have no tolerance for real death footage of people or animals like Traces of Death or Cannibal films with real animal violence, but I can watch pretty much any horror film.

3. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

As mentioned before, any of the animal deaths from the Italian Cannibal films turns me away.

4. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I sadly have not seen a lot of pics mentioned in this thread. I have stayed away from them for the reasons mentioned although I due plan on seeing most of them eventually (Picked up I Spit on Your Grave, just haven't been in the mood to watch it yet).

Out of the ones I've seen it would probably have to be either the Last House remake or the Hills remake due to their rape scenes, especially the latter with the baby crying in the background and all the other hell breaking loose. Rape scenes just really get to me. Devil's Rejects I also remember being quite disturbing, I'll have to give that another view though.

5. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

A lot of the films mentioned I haven't watched on purpose for all the reasons stated. I can't endure animal cruelty and there's a fine line on what I'll accept as far as any man on woman rape/torture.

The most recent thing I tried to watch (for the second time) and bailed on was Paradise Lost. It's just such a hopeless, horrible and tragic situation. I got as far as them showing the crime scene and that was it. I jumped over to Wikipedia to find out what the gist was :p

6. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Tough one. While I agree with Blair Witch cuz it sucks and puts me to sleep, I'll keep it focused on more disturbing as that's whats being asked (if I read it right).

For that I have to go Nekromantik. There's just nothing but bleakness and hard to stomach shit. I Spit on Your Grave is a close second as the rapes feel way too real, but necrophilia is sickeer than rape/revenge and I love the payoffs in Spit, there's no real payoff in Nekromantik, just more hard to watch stuff.

7. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Nekromatik easily. I feel like I need to wash my hands after picking up the DVD. So over the top disturbing.

8. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

the most sickening and repulsive movie i have ever seen is called

DEATH: The Ultimate Horror (1995)

This is like a Faces Of Death type film, but ALL the footage is real and believe me, it will sicken even the hardest horror fan.
    There's one scene where a guy gets shot in the face and half his face is gone but he's still alive gasping for air. I have never been able to shake that image to this day. By the end there's bulldozers pushing bodies into piles and i couldn't take it anymore, i felt completely sick.

9. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Inside (2007). It attacked me, ripped open my stomach, and left me cold. :(
    It was good...but dark and grisly.

10. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

I've only seen Salo once, and I'll never watch it again. It was one of the few films to shock me. I walked out of that film class with a friend and we were struck dumb. I don't know how they pulled off some of those scenes--very believable and wrenching. Ugh.

I'll never watch I Spit on Your Grave. I remember being transfixed by its VHS cover art as a kid in the video store, and I suppose I've built it up a bit in my head since then. But really, that type of subject matter holds no interest for me.

11. pwrslave

pwrslave New Member

As a child, the scariest movie I saw was Poltergeist. The clown under the bed scared the crap out of me. I was traumatized by that damned scene for years to come. Every time I saw a clown in public, I would hide behind my parents for fear of being taken. I refused to go to the circus or Bday parties where a clown would be present, as I was absolutely terrified by them.

As an adult, Martyrs as a whole left a very strong impression on me. The constant beating and relentless torture of the girl in the basement made me feel sick and depressed. I had nightmares and didn't sleep right for a few days following that film. Something just didn't sit right with me after viewing it.

12. mrcafejava

mrcafejava New Member

Psycho the Snuff Reels, not because it's so gory, it's so BORING! Splatter films like that really annoy the hell out of me, same with the first two guinea pig films

As for psychologically, Rosemary's Baby, following this HELL of a pregnancy for 90 minutes, and at the end it's just heart wrenching

13. dvdfiend138

dvdfiend138 Guest

When it comes to films that have been hard for me to sit through that are more disturbing then boring I would have to say that my selections would be Gummo because it's just an odd movie that has no boundaries and deals with subjects that are really messed up, next I would pick Slaughtered Vomit Dolls mainly due to the whole puking thing because I hate to see people puke. The only other film I can think of was Eraserhead and that only is for the first time I saw it because it was hell of a mind raping.

14. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Cannibal Holocaust for me. I don't see what good people find in it, it felt like a geek show to me with gore gags galore and nothing much else to offer.

15. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

I would've picked this, but I don't think of it as a Horror Movie.

Very sick shit, makes Faces Of Death look like an afternoon kiddie show.

16. highclassrob

highclassrob Member

I always thought Nekromantik was pretty difficult to make it through , not a rewatchable title to me.

17. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

Dario Argento's Opera, Especially the scene where the killer tapes the needles on the girls eyelids so she can't close them. It hurts just thinking about it.

18. bgart13

bgart13 New Member

INSIDE -- some of the violence in the movie was just too...intense. I actually grabbed a pillow from my couch and covered my face quickly before taking a peek, haha.

19. Caspar2112

Caspar2112 New Member

I had a hard time the first time I saw Dead Alive, the pus in the custard got to me but..that said watched it years later and had no issue. Three Extremes is quite the watch as well.

20. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

Is it wrong that I can't think of anything?

Seriously, very little grosses me out and the stuff that's deemed the most hardcore doesn't really bug me. But you know what, I can think of one that does make me feel a bit uncomfortable, and I'm sure you'll all laugh about it: The Ruins. Now, let me explain. The idea of a fungus-type of vine growing in your body that you have to cut out and pull out from under your skin is pretty fucking gnarly, and something that I'm sure isn't scientifically impossible (outside of the fact that it's intelligent). The scenes where they're pulling the vines out are quite effective and had my mind racing through a ton of "what if" scenarios.

Non-horror, but the rape in Irreversible is arguably more horrific than anything ever seen in a horror flick. If you don't feel like a completely dirty bastard while watching it, the authorities should probably be called to put a tail on you.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010