CONTEST #3: SCREAMing Soundtracks

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Always loved the Omen.

2. SaxCatz

SaxCatz New Member

Deep Red...
    Goblin had alreday hit their stride prior to Suspiria. Prog rock at its finest with that wicked gothic twist that only Goblin could muster. Profondo Rosso is an absolutely wicked theme and will be stuck in your head for hours... or days.

3. MarkWarner

MarkWarner New Member

In terms of horror: 28 Days Later, A Nightmare On Elm Street, Book Of Shadows: Blair Witch 2, Creepshow, Dawn Of The Dead '78, Gojira, Grindhouse, Halloween (original), Halloween III, Halloween 4, Halloween II (2009), High Tension, Saw, Session 9, Se7en, Suspiria, The Descent, The Devil's Rejects, The Evil Dead, The Last House On The Left (remake), The Mist, The Shining, The Thing, and Trick 'r Treat.

4. ZoSo

ZoSo The Fucking King

I love Goblin, and the Deep Red soundtrack.

5. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Tough call,I'm a huge fan of so many composers who have contributed so much wonderful work.In a pinch I'll go with my favorite composer,the late,great,Bernard Herrmann.Of his work one of his less well known scores has always stuck with me,his jangling,unnerving score to Brian DePalma's first all out shocker,SISTERS.It's a terrific score that builds on all of the composer's great work for Hitchcock and then pushes it further into the realms of nightmare and dementia.We lost a master when Herrmann passed.

6. bloodthrill

bloodthrill New Member

So many great horror themes that establish certain moods,but I'd definitely say I have too many tracks from different scores to have a precise favorite. The suspense music seems to be what I enjoy,for example,the synth chase through the cemetery of Maniac. Simple,driving beat,firmly rooted in the early 1980s. Claudio Simonetti's throwback stuff from Pucci's awesome Frat House Massacre is a current fave,(great creepy buildup to the action)along with Mark Isham's original Hitcher score,and Maurice Jarre's hyper-synth and super-experimental Dreamscape. Creepy music to feature a seriously eerie film.

Its fun to drive to this stuff late at nite.:cool:

7. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

8. startide

startide Member

Colin Towns' synth masterpiece for The Haunting of Julia (AKA Full Circle, I saw it on TV as Julia, so I stick with that title). It's lush, it's spooky, it elevates the film to a magnificence it doesn't really deserve, it's Haunting, as the films title suggests, and has been in my head ever since I saw the film on TV on a Friday night some time in the mid to late 80s. Barring the disco Prom Night soundtrack, it is my favourite soundtrack ever, and unquestionably my favourite score. To top it all off the soundtrack works as a whole all by itself, which is very rare in the soundtrack world, at least for me.

9. bwana the clown

bwana the clown Supreme Ruler Of Sados

The Burning soundtrack by Rick Wakeman.

From one of my absolute favourite slashers and every bit as good as Wakeman's other work, I still listen to this regularly (and even have an autographed vinyl copy :D )

10. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

The original Halloween. That music is stuck in my brain, not for a day or two after watching the movie, but for life. Anytime I'm walking around outside at night, at any time of the year, the music I whistle is one of the slow creepy pieces from Halloween.

I also love a good song- (not score-) based soundtrack album. My horror picks there would be The Return of the Living Dead, Wes Craven's Shocker, and the Rob Zombie quartet of House of 1,000 Corpses, The Devil's Rejects, and Halloween 1 & 2.

11. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

Fright Night. I love it, because of the instrumental portions in the movie, and also Ian Hunter's and Evelyn Champagne King's songs during the seduction scene with Jerry Dandridge and Amy.

12. HellRazor

HellRazor New Member

The great TRICK OR TREAT soundtrack by Fastway because it ROCKS! Some of the best work they have done IMHO and far better than the movie itself (even if I have a soft spot for it!)

13. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

Candyman: Especially the main theme cause it's very haunting & is very gothic which are characteristics that I really like in a film score that & it really suits the movie & the character of Candyman.

14. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I really like the Day of the Dead soundtrack. I have a copy of the whole thing and it is pretty damn cool! As far as an individual track, you can't really beat Halloween though!

15. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

Bram Stokers Dracula. I love the deep sound of the strings.

16. nightmare5fan

nightmare5fan Member

Right now I'm listening to Halloween II's soundtrack a lot. Alan Howarth's main theme sounds a lot more menacing with the added synthethizers, and it's always a blast to listen to Laurie's Theme while walking through the university campus' open fields at sunset. It's like alll the tracks have and added punch, and some of the themes are downright trippy. Also love Marco Beltrami's Scream 4 score and Jay Ferguson's work for Nightmare 5, one of my all time favorite movies.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  17. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

Fright Night easily. Armies of the Night and Good Man In A Bad Time are always playing on my Ipod.

18. Gore Lunatic

Gore Lunatic Violenza Carnale

Candyman. Philip Glass did a great job on this film and it's sequel.

19. marcx

marcx New Member

Goldsmith's score for the Omen is amazing.

20. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I guess it would have to be Suspiria for me. You could just let that play on a loop for Halloween and it would work perfectly.