Contest #3: Slasher Holidays

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

:lol: :D I don't feel bad about it though. It's a random winner thing (right rhett?), and with every new contest there's a fresh chance of winning. I'm sure there's gotta be someone on here who's also gone over six years. :evil:

2. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Congrats winners!!!

3. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Yeah it's not a big deal. If you win, awesome! If not, well there's always next time. Most of the time I'll just go and buy the DVD anyways so unless I'm broke at the time it's not the end of the world.

But yeah, I am curious if anyone has been on here longer and has gone winless for more then 6 years, or does Katatonia have the record!?

4. Yeah, I agree, because we all have (damn fine, if I might add ;)) genre taste here, and 10 times outta time, I just go buy the standard definition DVD or Blu-Ray. Although I'm done with DVD now, and I only buy and order Blu, if I was to have won something, I'll gladly take it and watch it, of course. :D And I agree: It's fun to talk and lite complain, but it's really no big deal.A few of us are amazed at our absolute shit luck, is all. *lol*

5. rhett

rhett Administrator

Yeah, I need to have one for the old timers...I feel bad that you guys haven't won anything yet! Trust me when I say it's as random as it gets, though. I look at the total posts in the thread, filter out double posts and then plug the total number of people into a random.org integer generator and just get the results from there.

We do get a lot of wins by newbies, and most do claim them but sometimes they haven't. In the past I've been saving those discs for future giveaways (lookout, Halloween!) but maybe I should just give them to older members if they go unclaimed within a couple weeks? Bigdaddy's off that list, though. Fucker's won it like 8 times over the years. :evil:

6. f0t0z00m

f0t0z00m New Member

Obviously Halloween takes the cake. It is tops for atmosphere and getting you in the mood for this great time of year. Others that I like are Friday the 13th, Prom Night, and Gremlins is a fun movie to watch around X-mas.