CONTEST #4: 3 Signatures on a Meathook

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Oct 26, 2012.

1. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

I start off in the morning watching The Halloween Tree
    Then It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and Ernest Scared Stupid
    From there I usually move on to some t.v. On dvd usually Tales From The Crypt, Tales From The Darkside or Twilight Zone. Then it's usually time to go (I work at a haunted attracttion in the month of October. (Photos to follow) After the after party, I usually settle in and end the night. With the original Tales From The Crypt movie, Creepshow 1 and 2 and Trick R Treat.

2. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I will treat myself to either the original Halloween or Halloween II, or perhaps Terror Train. I will probably celebrate Halloween at work by telling a scary story to the kids (I work in an after school care) - they've been begging for a good scare since I did a narration/one man show of Cujo, complete with jump scares. :)

3. streetlight

streetlight Member

going to watch a few i havent seen, like Psychophobia, crypt of dark secrets, video dead, mansion of the doomed

4. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Member

Simple enough..... HALLOWEEN

Tonight I am watching Halloween 4 and 5 back to back and I have already watched Halloween 2 and the Halloween remake. I have sprinkled in some others too (House of 1000 Corpses, original Wolfman, and The Funhouse to name a few) but I save the last few days of October for the Halloween franchise.

5. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

In the daytime I'm watching NIGHT OF THE DEMONS and then heading to a friend's for at least one feature in the evening.

6. scaryguy88

scaryguy88 New Member

Night of the creeps!!

7. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

For my Halloween party I screened Frankenhooker, Hausu and Doctor X. All went over awesome.

For Halloween I'll watch The Creeping Terror, Manos: The Hands of Fate, Monsters Crash the Pajama Party, Dracula, Frankenstein (1910), Frankenstein and The Bride of Frankenstein.

8. muceo13

muceo13 Member

Watching Halloween

9. HoldenMcNeil

HoldenMcNeil Member

Evil Dead 2, and the original Halloween, with some Assassin's Creed III thrown in for fun. The picture is of my girlfriend and I doing the Frankenstein thing for a party this past weekend.

Attached Files:

10. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

My little sis really wants to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the show) all the way through before the year is over, so we are going to start on Halloween night. I'll have some snacks--veggies and then unhealthy things--and we'll either watch May, Stephen King's It, or something with Bruce Campbell in it (she's a fan, too). We'll be featuring two types of single malts to be sipped out of skull shot glasses.

11. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

and for the double entry, here's a pic of the family dressed up as gnomes. We hope to try and get a better pic tomorrow but this will do just in case.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  12. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

I'll be taking the kids out trick or treating. I don't think I'll be watching any movies.

13. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

I'm turning my cousin into a Heath Ledger Joker Zombie! Using my awesome special fx make up skills... then I plan on watching Trick R' Treat! :D

14. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

[​IMG]
    Haunting houses on Halloween night

15. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

unfortunately this halloween was not the usual festivities due to the fact that i live in NJ and the state got hit hard by hurricane sandy. there were no trick or treaters and many businesses didnt have power.
    i still managed to watch Halloween 3 on Blu ray and that was fantastic!

16. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

[​IMG]

Above is me in my mask I wore last night. With all the running around and event organizing I had going on last night it's all I time to put on. But I did make good on my promise on my first post of my Halloween plans and made it through all three movies I listed (The Exorcist, Ernest Scared Stupid, and Halloween Night).

As to the news I promised as well is that a friend and I announced at our Halloween Night screening that we are opening up a micro video store inside some friends' already existing record shop and coffee shop! We're going to be specializing in VHS-only rentals (as well as renting out VCRs) and the selection being stuff still unavailable on DVD or any other format, or still extremely hard to find or unknown to most. We've still got the whole set up of the store to go through, but licenses have been obtained so we will be opened for business in the next 4 to 8 weeks! More news to follow once officially opened as we will be heavily incorporating social media and online reviews, interviews, and content to make it not only a local video store but a whole global community for the appreciation of VHS and video store culture!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  17. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

Ok, so maybe my costume is a little lacking (i was a "Tired and Unshaven Father", for anyone wondering), but the little tyke's pumpkin costume sure earner her a lot of praise from the people who came to our place trick 'r treating. Next Halloween - Zombie Pumpkin!

Great picture Spawningblue. I may be contractually obligated to think that my little girl is the cutest thing on two legs, but your son's pretty amazing too.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  18. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Still waiting on rhett to announce the winners.....;)

19. rhett

rhett Administrator

Got caught in the middle of a house move, so apologies for the delay.

Great submissions, everyone, thanks for sharing and I hope your Halloween was a blast. We ended up watching a good five flicks on the 31st, including some of the old Halloween cartoons (Garfield, Donald Duck, Charlie Brown) great fun!

But now the news you've been waiting for.

The three random winners are:

1st Place: allmessedup
    2nd Place: JGrendel
    3rd Place: BloodMan

Please contact the generous Santa of our boards, SaviniFan, with your picks of the three prizes in order of preference (allmessed up gets first pick, JGrendel second, and BloodMan what's left) along with your name and address and the prizes are yours!

Thanks all for participating and for making our latest October Madness a joy to host.

20. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Once I have all 3 PMs (got one from JGrendel) I'll let you guys know what is coming your way. Thanks everyone.