CONTEST #4: Clive Memorabilia

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Oct 25, 2011.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

As horror fans, there's no doubt we love the movies, but as conventions, limited editon box sets and our poster collections tell us, we love memoribila too. I know most of you have some killer kollections, so share with us your favorite piece of horror memorabilia and you could win an autographed copy of NIGHTBREED by Clive Barker himself.[/b]
    [​IMG]

As horror fans, there's no doubt we love the movies, but as conventions, limited edition box sets and our poster collections tell us, we love memorabilia too. I know most of you have some killer kollections, so share with us your favorite piece of horror memorabilia and you could win an autographed copy of NIGHTBREED by Clive Barker himself.

[​IMG]

This fine piece of movie memorabilia comes courtesy of our own Chunkblower. Let's do his donation proud and have a nice share of all our favorite or most cherished horror collectibles. Make a post in this thread with a description or photo of your most prized horror item and a blurb on how you got it to enter. That's it!

The contest runs for one week, from today until Monday, October 31th, at which point our final contest will commence as part of our October Madness extravaganza.

The winner will be randomly selected based upon all the posts in this thread.

Win your own piece of Horror Digital memorabilia by sharing with us a piece of your own!

Attached Files:

2. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I'm not big into autographs or even posters really, so I'd have to say my favorite piece of horror memorabilia is my Re-Animator highlighter syringe taken from Anchor Bay's first DVD release of the film.

3. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I don't really collect much outside of Horror DVD's and Books so my favorite will be an autographed copy of NIGHTBREED signed by Clive Barker.. Right after I win it:)

4. HellRazor

HellRazor New Member

I just started getting into memorabilia a few months ago and have already collected a few awesome pieces! My favorite is my matte of the Dracula lobby card with autographs from both Bela Lugosi and Helen Chandler, both signed to Universal's "hairdresser to the stars" Lily Drago in 1931! Lugosi even wrote some well wishes in his native Hungarian!

Recently received a personalized photo from H.G. Lewis "from your fellow Wizard of Gore" which is pretty neat!

Also I have a Texas Chainsaw Massacre poster signed by most of the cast (missing only a few of the more minor cast members, and I am going to get one of them "Grandpa" added this coming Friday during a personal appearance nearby)!

5. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I am behind when it comes to horror memorabilia compared to most on here. I do have a few things though. I have a bunch of original horror posters, my favourite being my original Friday the 13th one sheet that I got from a member on here. I also have an original My Bloody Valentine poster signed by the Director and most of the cast, a Tom Savini signed picture, and a Walking Dead print signed by the cover artist. I would happily take this screenplay off your hands though to add to my collection!

6. Conal Cochran

Conal Cochran New Member

Dear god!!! :eek:Please make me win this one!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

My favorite memorablia is my set of lobby cards of Halloween III signed by Tom Atkins and a pictures of John Carpenter.

7. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

My prized possession is my Vestron Video Ghoulies 2 inflatable toilet they gave out to video stores back in the day. Years ago a handful of them popped up on Ebay and myself and all the other Ghouliephiles from an old forum scooped them all up. I wish I could find the pic I took and hosted on angelfire years ago.

8. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

I don't have a whole lot of Horror Memorabilia, but I do have some toys!

My most prized would probably be my 8 inch Lugosi Dracula Figure. It was the first figure to be officially sanctioned to feature the actual likeness of Bela Lugosi as he appeared in the 1931 Dracula. He's pretty rare and usually goes for $100+ on Ebay, but I got lucky and came across one on Amazon Marketplace for $40 shipped.

[​IMG]

9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Man, if I could win one contest, I'd wish it to be this one! I still have yet to win any contest on here after all these years, so maybe this will be the lucky one! :evil:

My favorite piece of memorablia would easily be a Hellbound: Hellraiser II poster autographed by both Doug Bradley and Ashley Laurence.

10. Mitbox

Mitbox Member

OMG!! This is the best prize ever, thanks Chunkblower for donating this and making someone else happy.
    The only "special" thing I've got is the autographed poster that came with Never Sleep Again DVD (by Heather Langenkamp). Much people have it, but we don't have conventions around here so it's kind of hard to get anything unless I go to ebay and pay tons of money.

11. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I've got a cool original poster of The Redeemer. Just need a frame :)

12. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

My most prized possession would be my 27X41 Dawn of the Dead reproduction poster. I've been getting it autographed since 2005. I've accumulated 13 autographs on it so far including the four principle cast members David Emge, Gaylen Ross, Scott Reineger, and Ken Foree. The crowning jewel on it is of course the man himself, George Romero.

[​IMG]

13. zombiecraig

zombiecraig New Member

My favorite piece is probably an ink drawing that I did of Christopher Lee as Dracula. My wife had it framed for me as a gift last year and it was one of the best presents anyone has ever given me.

I hadn't done any drawing in years and this had turned out so well. I was really proud. It meant a lot to me that my wife wanted to preserve it for me and allow me to display it so nicely.

14. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Probably my Amy Steel autograph. April Fool's Day and Friday The 13th Part 2 are two of my favorite 80s slashers.

[​IMG]

15. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

Don't have much in the way of horror memorabilia. A coworker gave me a dawn of the dead pen, though, with the original logo on it. its pretty cheap, but i've never seen it anywhere else and have no idea how he got it. so i guess that would be my favorite. This would be pretty amazing, however. Whoever wins it, you owe it to everyone else on this board (and chunkblower especially) to treat it right, though. this definitely deserves to be taken care of.

16. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

My Mutilator and Fall Break posters :D

17. The Doctor

The Doctor New Member

My limited edition Michael Myers doll. Or, for a different kind of horror film, my talking 12-inch Terl figure from Battlefield Earth.

18. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

I have two horror-related items I am quite fond of. The first is an autographed copy of Peter Straub's A DARK MATTER - because he's one of my favorite authors.

The other is my autographed (by Heather Langenkamp) NEVER SLEEP AGAIN poster .. cos Heather rules!

19. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

It's not from a movie specifically, but my red Cthulhu statue (SOTA Nightmare) is one of my favorite pieces -

I managed to snag one off the waiting list after they were officially sold out.

[​IMG]

20. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

I guess my favorite horror collectible was actually the Blood Feast cross stitch I made years ago, I sent it as a gift to the Godfather of Gore himself.