CONTEST #4: Clive Memorabilia

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

While I have a pretty nice poster collection I have relatively few autographs.Jet Li signed a HERO poster for me (in Chinese) but in terms of signed horror memorabilia,not so much.What I cherish the most in terms of a connection to horror would be a personal relationship.For several years I have corresponded with the great actress Lynn Lowry ,star of Romero's THE CRAZIES,Cronenberg's SHIVERS and a cast member of the CAT PEOPLE remake.I met up with her accidentally when reading about a jazz concert.I noticed the lead vocalist of the musical combo was named Lynn Lowry and I contacted what I thought was the groups management just to ask if the singer was in fact the cult film actress.To my surprise I contacted Lynn herself and she couldn't have been more gracious.At the time she wasn't doing much acting,mostly stage appearances, though I am happy to say in the years since we first spoke she has had a major resurgence and is working in loads of indie films now.We keep in touch,she's really a very sweet lady and full of great stories.I keep telling her she should write a book,she's worked with a lot of cool people,bet it'd be a great read !

While It wouldn't really qualify as memorabilia I did make a friend so I guess that's the greatest addition to my collection.

2. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

The piece I have that means the most to me is my autographed copy of "If Chins Could Kill"

3. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Active Member

if i had the money :

1) my supersized house would house a supersized basement, made out like some kind of video store with my whole DVD and BluRay collection in it
    2) posters and memorabilia would be scattered throughout

but i don't, and i don't have the room, so outside of some posters that i don't have the room for to place them on the walls, the closest for me is the French DVD of Starcrash signed by Caroline Munro!

4. scaryguy88

scaryguy88 New Member

I dont really collect to much but i guess Id have to say my signed copy of under the dome by Stephen King.

5. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I don't have too much memro, but I love this thing I won here a few years back, signed by Ken Foree. I keep meaning to frame it and then forget to.:eek:

[​IMG]

There was a photoshop contest for that, here's what won it, is still my screen saver and 'most wanted to become a real movie'.:)

[​IMG]

6. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I'd kill for 2 of those. That Friday poster is fucking awesome, even without signatures it would be awesome! A Fulci autograph speaks for itself, congrats on having one!

7. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

I have met Asia Argento a couple of times and she gave me a kiss (kept the lipstick smear on a souvenir programme from TIFF). That is pretty cool. Other than that I have lots of old Fangoria mags and horror films on VHS and laserdisc which I treasure.

8. RepairWoman

RepairWoman New Member

Gunnar Hansen autograph. Got it at my first convention.

9. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Member

I'll still go with the Fulci autograph as my top pick, but this one is pretty awesome, too.

[​IMG]

Mel Brooks and Anne Bancroft came to my college for a presentation on her films. I worked at the theater at the time, and met them backstage. For those who don't know, Mel Brooks produced the film while Anne Bancroft had a supporting role.

10. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Member

Thanks! I met Fulci at the NYC Weekend of Horrors just a few weeks before he died. That show was memorable in its own right, but that it was the last US appearance of Fulci makes it all the more special.

11. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Same, but I will happily take this as the first one to win! :D

12. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

:evil: Cross your fingers!

13. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

Is it first edition. I forgot about my copy, which was signed by Bruce, and my copy is a first edition, but meeting him in person, and have him call me a freak for have 5 Evil Dead tattoos at the time, and getting 2 more, Theresa and Hal tattooed within a year. I already have gotten Theresa Tilly tattooed on my ankle above Betsy Baker's tattoo.

14. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

I met Gunner Hanson back in the mid-80s at the opening of a video store here in Richmond, Va. Of all things he was signing copies of the House II comic book. I have the one he signed for me and my brother. A few years ago when I sold off my comic book collection I kept those issues.

15. knewby

knewby Member

Small world...I work in Richmond and live 20 minutes away.................Larry

16. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

Have an autographed copy of Adrienne Barbeau's autobiography, and also an autographed John Waters' SHOCK VALUE.

That's about it....

17. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

I only started collecting myself so I don't have alot of stuff.
    If I had to pick something it would be the AB Hellraiser Tin signed by Doug Bradley & Ashley Laurance or The Exorcist blu-ray signed by Linda Blair

18. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I love my Tom Savini Grande Illusions book signed by him.

19. Undeadcow

Undeadcow New Member

I have a Poulterygeist poster signed by Kaufman and Herz that is really cool, but I can't get in a picture.

20. skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy New Member

My absolute favourite piece of memorabilia would have to be my signed poster for THE BROOD. I've had this poster for a few years and was just waiting for a second chance to meet Cronenberg to get him to sign it. The first time I met him he signed my Dead Ringers Criterion DVD.

Luckily he showed up to Fan Expo 2010 and I was also able to score an autograph from Art Hindle as well.

[​IMG]