Contest #4: Ghost House Giveaway

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Oct 22, 2009.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

Sam Raimi's had a pretty exemplary career in mainstream cinema, yet he always returns to his EVIL DEAD roots, whether it be with this year's DRAG ME TO HELL or his continual line of Ghost House productions. We've got the four latest Ghost House Underground productions for giveaway, so tell us, which Ghost House production has been your favorite?
    [​IMG]

Sam Raimi's had a pretty exemplary career in mainstream cinema, yet he always returns to his EVIL DEAD roots, whether it be with this year's DRAG ME TO HELL or his continual line of Ghost House productions. We've got the four latest Ghost House Underground productions for giveaway, so tell us, which Ghost House production has been your favorite?

Ghost House began with BOOGEYMAN and THE GRUDGE, but has recently gone Underground with the sub-line, Ghost House Underground, specializing in green lighting productions by up and coming directors. Which is your favorite?

Make a single post in this thread telling us what your favorite Ghost House production is, and why, and you could win the four following Ghost House Underground releases from Lionsgate:
    • Offspring
    • The Thaw
    • The Children
    • Seventh Moon

For a list of all the Ghost House Underground titles, click here.

For a list of all the Ghost House titles, click here.

Contest ends Tuesday, October 27, where one winner will be randomly drawn.

So let's hear it, what's your favorite Ghost House production?

Attached Files:

2. I can safely say that his most recent Drag Me To Hell was my personal favorite of the Ghost House productions.

The acting was spot on, I liked the Psychic storyline angle, and I feel it got away with a lot for a PG-13 movie like a lot of the mid '80s productions, when the rating was first introduced, got away with gleefully. ;)

That, and I was just engrossed in it, and enjoyed it much more then I originally thought I would (so sorry for the lite review, but the film is still pretty fresh out there, and I don't wanna get into heavy Spoilers until it get's a few more years older).

3. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Active Member

i'll go with The Children, which was quite good and creepy, hard to do when the action is almost totally played out on a single location

4. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Drag Me to Hell no contest! 30 Days of Night would be second, and although I haven't seen it yet, The Children looks really damn good!

5. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

yeah, drag me to hell all the way

6. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

It's definitely Drag Me to Hell. This is my favorite horror movie of 2009 and the one that proved that PG-13 doesn't necessarily equal shit, as long as there's passion, energy and talent involved. It also took Raimi in the director's chair to make a truly classic Ghost House production. I've also enjoyed The Grudge (as well as, to a lesser extent, its sequels) and 30 Days of Night. As for Ghost House Underground, I've only seen a couple but I thought Dance of the Dead was good fun and I also dug No Man's Land: The Rise of Reeker (even if it's basically a carbon copy of its predecessor). I bought The Substitute awhile back but I still haven't gotten around to watching it, and I have Offspring at home from Netflix. I hear mixed things (mostly negative) but I love Jack Ketchum and I've really enjoyed all of the adaptations of his work (especially The Lost).

On a side note, Rhett, will these be the DVDs or Blu-rays?

7. Jason101

Jason101 New Member

I had to choose 30 Days of Night because I love vampire movies.

8. streetlight

streetlight Member

to be honest I've only seen a few but I liked 30 Days of night

9. zompirejoe

zompirejoe Active Member

Drag Me To Hell is by far my favorite. I really dig No Man's Land, 30 Days of Night, and Offspring( a lot of bad reviews, but it is actually pretty faithful to the book and my second favorite Ketchum adaptation, Red is still # 1), but Hell is just the best so far.

10. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Drag Me To Hell easily. I picked up on all the old Evil Dead roots right away which made me enjoy it even more. The old lady after her dentures fell sucking on the chick's chin had me rolling. Reminded so much of mama in the cellar from Evel Dead II.

11. Queen B

Queen B Guest

DRAG ME TO HELL by far. It's the only film on their roster that boasts originality and a respect for the genre. And not only is it Ghost House's finest offering, but it's also one of the best modern horror films around. A true classic.

12. Richard Anthony

Richard Anthony Member

For me, it would be The Grudge 2. I enjoyed the first Film as well but there is something about The Grudge 2 that I really enjoyed. I loved Sarah Michelle Gellar and Amber Tamblyn as Sisters in the Film and Arielle Kebbel turns in a Great performance!! The Girl's School had some Great Creepy moments in and out of the School!! I enjoy most of Ghost House's Movies. I haven't seen Drag Me To Hell yet but I will soon. I want to see those 4 New Movies very soon!!

13. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Have to go with 30 Days of Night, primarily because it was kick-ass vampire flick (none of those art-fag goth loverboy vamps), and even more so that I haven't seen any of the others yet.:nervous:

I really can't imagine any of them being better than 30 Days, maybe Drag Me to Hell has a shot. I just need the library to get Drag in for me. I'm on the waiting list but they have no copies yet, and the Blu-ray isn't even on the site at all.:(

14. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

30 Days of Night. Dark vampire flick that had a flare IMO.

15. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

It's a toss up between Drag Me To Hell and The Children. I honestly can't pick one over the other, as they individually satisfy different areas of my horror tastes.

16. bwana the clown

bwana the clown Supreme Ruler Of Sados

Out of those films I've only seen The Grudge, The Grudge 2, and 30 Days Of Night. So my vote has to go to 30 Days Of Night - even though I was only really luke-warm about it.

17. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any Ghost House Underground movies. As far as Ghost House Pictures, I'd have to say Drag Me to Hell followed closely by 30 Days of Night.

18. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Drag Me to Hell. The film was a blast to watch.

19. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Drag Me To Hell. Great fun flick.

20. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Easily 30 Days of Night. I love relentless violence. Had a nice look to it as well.