CONTEST #6: LET ME IN to Your Halloween 2010

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Oct 31, 2010.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

We've already had five contests this month, our most ever at HORRORDIGITAL.COM, but what the hell, it's Halloween, why not another? Our final October Madness contest aims to let viewers into what you did or are doing this Halloween weekend. Tell us and you could win LET THE RIGHT ONE IN on DVD[/b]
    [​IMG]

We've already had five contests this month, our most ever at HORRORDIGITAL.COM, but what the hell, it's Halloween, why not another? Our final contest for October Madness aims to let viewers into what you did or are doing this Halloween weekend. Tell us and you could win the acclaimed LET THE RIGHT ONE IN on DVD.

What did you dress up as? Did you go to a party? Did you stay at home and watch movies? Which ones? Did you play the curmudgeon at home telling kids to get the hell off your porch? Do kids even trick or treat anymore? Let us know how your Halloween weekend is going or went in a single post in this thread to win. Posting pictures of your costume is encouraged, too!

Three winners will receive a DVD of Magnet's arty vampire import, LET THE RIGHT ONE IN, recently remade as LET ME IN. The winners will be randomly selected from the posts in this thread.

The contest will run a full week, ending November 7th, 2010.

So, let's hear it...how was your Halloween 2010?

Attached Files:

2. addicted2dvd

addicted2dvd New Member

Stayed home and watched movies all weekend. Working on my month long horror/Halloween marathon. Ended up watching 105 movie, 56 TV eps. and 8 others (documentary/shorts) within the entire month.

3. SaxCatz

SaxCatz New Member

There isn't a lot of Halloween excitement here, surprising for a reasonably large city- it just doesn't seem to be part of the culture here.
    So I'll just be staying home today and watching horor flicks on my projector (aiming to end my marathon with at least 72 films). And dressing my dogs up, of course... :D

4. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I just watched a few horror films, while my husband was at a bar watching the KC Chiefs game. Didn't dress up, but I probably will next year, and when I wasn't watching movies, I was on the internet, and had 3 of my 4 cats beside me.

5. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Watched football and going to had out candy.

6. zompirejoe

zompirejoe Active Member

I went to a wedding in Towson, MD. Lot's of drinking lots of fun ! I'm taking the kids trick or treating later, and preparing to watch The Walking Dead at 10 pm.

7. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I was at a Halloween party last night. It was a last minute thing, andI almost decided against going because I didn't have a costume - until I remembered that I have tons of theatrical makeup. I went as a zombie (in a wife-beater, so that I could paint purple bruises on the back of my arms, shoulders, and neck). It was great fun.

I've spent today sleeping off my hangover. I'll be watching that Invasion of the Body Snatchers thing with Nicole Kidman in a few - not the best way to close Halloween, perhaps, but I'm at my parents' house, and that's the horror movie they have.

8. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Went to ZomBcon yesterday and got interviews for my podcast with Ted Raimi, Betsy Baker, John Amplas, Jeffrey Reddick, Terry Alexander, Danny Hicks, and Timothy Patrick Quill.

Today I work. So I had half of a great weekend.

9. Darkside

Darkside New Member

Like Uncle Al once sang: To me every day is Halloween, but for the weekend I did a few fun things. Zombie movie marathon all day Saturday, Halloween movie marathon all Sunday and capping the night off with the Walking Dead. Cannot ask for a better time!

10. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I went to see Paranormal Activity 2 at the theatre - watched several other horror movies both by myself and with friends this weekend - handing out treats to the kiddies here shortly- and that is about it- gonna try to catch Walking Dead but might DVR it.

11. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

Went to BJJ this morning, attempted to cut grass afterwards, watched House of a 1,000 Corpses, made some tofu and shrimp for dinner...now waiting for street urchin to come by the house and offer to trade prayers for the souls of the dead in exchange for small raisin cakes. This is our first Halloween in our new house so we have clue if we will get a big turn out.

12. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

Movies, movies, and more movies! Last night: The Monster Squad and Creepshow on Blu plus Creature from the Black Lagoon. Tonight, the original TCM on Blu, Bava's Black Sabbath, the first episode of The Walking Dead, and hopefully a couple other treats I haven't decided on yet.

13. Mitbox

Mitbox Member

We don't celebrate Halloween here, but these last years, marketing has been shoving it down our throats to sell candy, costumes, etc. As a result, we have some kids asking for candy and me ignoring them (lights out). I plan on watching some movies, already done watching one, as typically cable tv programs a lot of horror movies on this day.

14. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Had a good weekend in Montreal watching some horror including two in theatres. Had to leave my ex-girlfriend's in Dorval at about 11:30 this morning. Two hour bus ride and I just listened to some podcasts. Arrived back in Ottawa and ate too many "all-you-can-eat" wings. Won't do that for awhile. Have been just listening to some reviews around the apt. and getting set for a long day of work tomorrow. I plan on watching at least some of The Walking Dead pilot tonight and PVR'ing the rest if I don't make it through in one shot.

15. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Staying at home for personal movie marathons. Last night it was Night of the Demons (original), Alien & Aliens.

And tonight I'm planning on viewing these: Halloween (original), Halloween 2 & 3

16. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

I sat in the driveway and gave out candy.

17. Anaestheus

Anaestheus Well-Known Member

Spent the weekend helping my girlfriend move out of her bed bug infested apartment. Scariest Halloween yet.

18. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

I stayed @ home with the hunny:) Just had a dew drinks & watched movies:)) quiet, but fun evening!

19. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Dressed up like Freddy Kreuger where my band played a show on Devil's Night. And tonight, a couple of friends and I are getting extra spooky and holding a Black Mass at our jamspace!

20. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Just watching football and giving out candy. Go Steelers!