Count Dracula and his Vampire Brides

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Horrorphilly, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Member

Anyone appreciate this movie? I just saw it for the first time(first time ever seeing a Hammer movie also) I was very pleased,it had a funky disco score to it but Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing kicked major ass in this one.The vampire babes were pretty stunning also.It had a good atmosphere.I got this movie on a 5 movie pack for 6 bucks.I assume it was filmed in the english countryside,the scapes were also stunning.I need to hunt down some more of these flicks.

Sean

2. dwatts

dwatts New Member

AKA: The Satanic Rites of Dracula. Although made in 1973 it didn't get a US release until 1978, when it picked up the new title.

Odd one this, and a sequel to Dracula AD 1972, so you might want to take a look at that one next.

On the other hand, even Chris Lee was hating life as Dracula by the time they got to this one. During an interview prior to shooting he was already slagging the film off.

It opened in the UK asa double bill with Blacula, which must have been damn right amazing. :lol:

Anyway, Lee refused to do anymore Hammer Dracuila's after this one, so that probably tells you all you need to know.

3. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

This one was near the end of Hammer films run,they were doing a lot of experimenting then.Like it's predecessor ,DRACULA A.D. 72,it was set in modern times.It had a bit of a James Bond style evil scheme going on in it as I recall.Quite a few people prefer this one to A.D. 72,and though I wouldn't call it great Hammer,I've always found it to be oddly fun.Besides,Cushing and Lee are worth looking at in most anything,two of horrors best.

4. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Member

I just picked up Dracula 1971 A.D. I actually prefer the sequel more then A.D. 1972.I picked it up on a Warner Bro's 4 movie 2 disc dvd with 3 other Dracula movies.I think, I actually prefer the "Hammer" Draculas over the "Bela" Dracula.Cool movie non the less.Im also a sucker for Caroline Munro,fuck is she hot!

Sean

5. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Caroline Munro's got a substantial role in another Hammer outing Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunting. Sadly she made far too few movies in her career.

I'm not much of a fan of the Hammer Dracula's, something about 'em just doesn't click with me. The Frankenstein series on the other is great, they really build on the character because they focus on Dr. Frankenstein instead of the monster.

6. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Hm, Dracula 1971, that's a new one. ;)

Munro was beautiful no doubt. Not a great actress however. Still, bit parts would have been good for her.

7. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Member

Shit! :rolleyes: The movie is way better then my typing.

Sean