Creed (2015)

Discussion in 'Reader Reviews' started by thing, Nov 28, 2015.

1. thing

thing Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Creed (2015, Ryan Coogler)

In this spin-off from the beloved Rocky series, we see Sly Stallone once again play the former World Heavyweight Champion Rocky Balboa but this time serving as a trainer and mentor to Adonis Johnson (Michael B Jordan), the son of his late friend and former rival Apollo Creed. Th film is well mad with some great long shots and amazingly well put together fight scenes. The love interest feels a little tacked on and the relationship between creed and his mother Is a little unresolved but it's the relationship with Creed and Balboa that anchors the film and it really works. I think the whole thing could have and should have been tightened up a bit in the editing to bring it under two hours but in the whole this is a good effort and I wouldn't be surprised to see a supporting actor nod go to Stallone for this one.
    7.5/10

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  2. thing

thing Well-Known Member

Rocky
    Rocky Balboa
    Rocky 2
    Creed
    Rocky3
    Rocky 4
    Rocky 5

3. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I just saw this today and thought it was excellent. I was surprised at how well the Rocky Balboa movie worked and surprised at just how well Creed worked. I haven't paid attention to how it did at the box office so far but I hope it did pretty well - would like to see a couple sequels to Creed. 8.5/10

4. thing

thing Well-Known Member

it did good business, there will be more for sure.