Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday The 13th 08/27/13

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Marv Inc., May 15, 2013.

1. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

My copy finally arrived today! :D

2. Mr.G

Mr.G Member

Mine came tonight BUT was is 4 or 5 discs if you bought from the site? I only received four. Any one else notice this?

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It's 5 discs total (including the bonus disc) if you bought it direct from them or at Dark Delicacies.

I think the bonus disc is supposed to just be included in a separate white sleeve.

4. Mr.G

Mr.G Member

Shit. I didn't get it. Just the yellow packing envelope. Anyone have a phone number? TIA.

5. Katatonia

6. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Mine came in today. The bonus disc was in a seperate paper sleeve that doesn't fit in the case. That's really my only gripe with the set, but even that isn't a big deal. I just put the bonus disc in the regular case and disc 2 of the DVD copy in the sleeve, which'll sit on the shelf next to the set.
    Now that fans are getting their discs, I think they'll start to see that they overreacted a bit this past weekend. It's too bad we couldn't watch the doc on Friday the 13th, but a couple days later (and only one business day later) isn't going to kill anyone. The makers of this film have done nothing but listen to the fans throughout this entire project and don't deserve the scorn they've gotten on Facebook and elsewhere online. When they first announced that the set would be Blu-ray only, DVD fans got mad, so they made it a combo pack. When it was announced that the Blu-ray copy of the film would be one disc, fans got mad that so much information was being crammed onto one Blu, so they made it a 2 Blu-ray & 2 DVD combo set. They added 3 extra discs and never raised their asking price. I'm glad the set is selling so well, because I doubt with all those additional costs added at the last minute that the filmmakers are making much money per unit.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  7. Cannibal Chris

Cannibal Chris New Member

I ordered one about an hour after you posted this. I looked on their FB but didn't see them say anything about that, I see there's a waiting list of people who wanted one, anyhow I noticed that the listing to buy one is still up with that same message and I'm kinda afraid I missed out and they just haven't taken it down. Have you had any luck? Take the money out yet by chance?

8. HrdcorECW1637

HrdcorECW1637 New Member

Hey! There's actually a shout out for Horror Digital on the commentary! Awesome!

9. Katatonia

I didn't order another one. I pre-ordered mine back when it first went up on their site months ago. It shipped a couple days ago already and should be arriving to me anyday now.

DD never bills until it actually ships however. If you're only in a waiting line for it...they won't bill your card unless it's available and shipping.

10. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

got my shipping notice from the Crystal Lake site today, lets see how long it takes to Norway.

11. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

I also got a shipping confirmation in my email yesterday. at least I think I did. can anyone else describe the confirmation they got? the one I got is from a company called CAV Distributing Corp. It doesn't mention the price of the item being shipped, or what the item is. apparently it originated out of San Francisco. I have no other pending orders, so I can only assume that this is the Friday doc. fingers crossed...

12. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

Got mine yesterday. I don't like that the bonus disk doesn't fit in the case, but other than that minor gripe it's fantastic.

I've only watched the first hour and a half or so, but already it's obvious that it's really a good documentary.

13. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Well I ordered mine in July, I still didn't get the Blu's and I STILL never received a shipping notice as of right now.

Not getting it on the 13th (even thought I pre ordered it in July) is one thing, but still zero info on the shipping is a bit disappointing. I wouldn't say I'm overreacting at all. Seriously people are at least getting shipping confirmations, ... and they are in different countries. Nothing for US folks I guess.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  14. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

^^I ordered mine two weeks ago and got a shipping notification yesterday. (Kansas)

15. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Mine came yesterday (for what it's worth, I ordered from the site back in June)!!! Yeah, the 5th disc not having a special home is a slight drag, but it does fit at the very back of the case so I'm happy.

Can't WAIT to dive into this badboy! :banana:

16. Mr.G

Mr.G Member

I must be the only putz not to receive the 5th disc.

17. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

nobody able to answer my question? :rolleyes:

anyway, a quick google of CAV Distributing Corp. reveals that they manufacture blu rays, so now i'm pretty sure that I too have received my shipping confirmation.

18. deepred

deepred Member

That's them. :)

I've heard some people on blu-ray.com say the same thing happened to them.

19. Mr.G

Mr.G Member

I got this response:

Dear Chad,

Our apologies for the oversight. We will ensure that the bonus disc is sent to you free of charge.

Many thanks,

1428 films

20. RickMoe

RickMoe New Member

It was answered before you even asked... check page 13.

"This message was sent to you at the request of CAV Distributing Corp, to notify you that they have shipped a package to you"