Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday The 13th 08/27/13

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Marv Inc., May 15, 2013.

1. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

For those of you Jason Lives fans out there, a recent book on Writer/Director Tom McLoughlin entitled "A Strange Idea of Entertainment" is currently selling on Amazon for just $3.12. I'm not sure why it's suddenly so cheap, but I love the man's commentaries and when he guests on podcasts (Deadpit, Killer POV), so I'm picking it up so I can dig into the 350 or so pages of interviews covering every aspect of his career.

http://www.amazon.com/STRANGE-IDEA-ENTERTAINMENT-CONVERSATIONS-MCLOUGHLIN/dp/1593935609/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430893654&sr=8-1&keywords=strange+idea+of+entertainment

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  2. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link FattyJ. Purchased!

3. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

New documentary specifically on part 3, Friday The 13 Part 3: The Memoriam Documentary, available free:

fceurich39 and baggio like this.
  5. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

It's was ok, a little disjointed, not to many facts, and way to much running time spent on the guy who played Jason, can't remember his name, but nearly half was spent people singing his praises.

6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I LOLed that by the end, it's basically a revenge fantasy on the assholes who burned down Higgins Haven and got away with it.

It does make me angry though, as I would love to have been able to visit it in person. It appears in so many movies, The Zero Boys, Twisted Nightmare, Terminal Entry, Meatballs Part II, Bulletproof, Murphy's Law, etc. The Murphy's Law appearance is one of the weirdest, as they take off down the road from Higgins Haven and in the next scene wind up at the Jarvis house from F13: The Final Chapter. You can also spot it in an episode of Freddy's Nightmares called "Cabin Fever".

The barn itself also appears in many movies, including C.H.U.D. II: Bud The Chud and Watchers Reborn.