Cult of Chucky - Fall 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by Nailwraps, Jan 5, 2017.

1. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

What is it? I'm getting nothing?

2. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

It's a GTA V MOD featuring Chucky.

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Cult Of Chucky will be available on NetFlix same day as disc (Oct 3rd). It will also be airing on AMC this October as part of their MonsterFest line-up.

Steel76 and SilentScreams like this.
  4. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

WOW, Unusual move? Hopefully it will be available in UK Netflix on this date also, but I suspect not.

5. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Just saw the movie.
    This movie was kinda half good, half bad for me.
    It started kinda weak, got pretty damn good for a while, in the second half, but then sadly fell apart at the climax.

Brad Dourif still delivers the goods as Chucky, even though some of his lines was pretty terrible.
    The FX was probably 95% practical. And there are some amazingly gory kills in this one.
    And Chucky looked really good as well, and from what I could tell, no CGI was involved, except for removing the puppeteers, when he is walking around.
    I still think the FX, and his overall design, looks better in the original trilogy, but considering the low budget, it was still impressive, and better than the last one.

His daughter Fiona, was pretty good as well, but sadly most of the other actors were pretty mediocre.
    But worst of all, was Jennifer Tilly. Most of the time, it felt like she didn't really give a shit, and she is one of the biggest problems of the movie.
    Just don't understand why they have to include her shitty character.

And then we had Andy, who's scenes with Chucky, was pretty fun.
    But sadly, he is barely in the movie, and you could easily have deleted his scenes, and nobody would have noticed something was missing.
    Why even bring him back, and not give him a bigger part in the story?

Considering the ending, I don't know if they are making another one, or if they will leave it like this.

Overall, there was some fun twists and turns, and some entertainment to be had.
    But sadly the ending felt too rushed, and it kinda ruined it for me.

Btw, there was another cameo after the end credits.

6. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Steel. Is it available to download?

Steel76 likes this.
  7. Steel76

Yes, the Unrated version is floating around on the web now.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  8. Zombie Dude

Excellent. I'll have to have a look for it later on :D

Steel76 likes this.
  9. Steel76

Let us know what you thought of it afterwards :)

10. Zombie Dude

I definitely will :)

11. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Just watched it and I'm not a fan, the FX and the gore were great, the rest, not so, the story as such made no sense to me, can't really say anymore without spoilers. The Andy character was underused Jennifer Tilly character was poor and the after credit sequence made me groan.

So leatherface and this were major letdowns for me, please jigsaw and Victor crowley, be good!

12. sade

sade Member

I enjoyed the previous one way better. Story was all over the place and some of the CG blood looked pretty bad.

13. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

That's not much of a ringing endorsement for me...I really didn't think much of Curse.

14. Zombie Dude

So I did end up checking Cult out but I feel like I need to watch it again to really judge it properly. I liked Curse a lot when I first saw it but didn't think as highly of that one when I revisited it. I will say I feel like Curse is the better of these two dtv Chucky films. One of my biggest problems with this new one is that Chucky looks a lot cheaper this time around. He didn't look great in Curse but the animatronic still had an unsettling and creepy look to it. Here he looks like a cheap toy and I think the problem lies in one of the twists.
    I think having multiple animated Chucky dolls may have eaten away at their budget and lead to the much cheaper look. And while I'm on that twist in not sure how I feel about it. It was always so hard for Chucky to try and get his soul into a child yet here he's able to possess multiple dolls and people with ease and quite quickly. It felt off. I also had trouble accepting that he could be in multiple bodies at the same time. It wasn't explained well and didn't feel right, especially with how easy it was to accomplish.
    Andy's character was so so here. Again it just felt cheap and I don't know if it was bad execution, average acting or both. It wasn't all bad though. I really liked the little twist with Andy and Chucky at the start. I thought that was really smart and different.
    I'll share more thoughts after I give it another go but I did get some fun enjoyment watching it with a friend and my fiance.

15. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Chucky 7 movie bluray collection will be in bestbuy stores for 44.99. Looks cool

16. Natas

Natas Theres no such thing as the boogyman

This arrived in the mail today and was very excited to toss it in.

I really fucking liked this one. I loved the practical fx........ as I mentioned in another post, I can see why some didn't enjoy this as much as I did. The story wasn't the greatest but it didn't ruin anything for me.

At first I wasn't feeling the "medium security facility" or where ever the fuck the majority of the movie took place......it had a weird sterile vibe. Almost too clean. I felt the overwhelming presence of white was borderline distracting at first.

Anyways, I urge everyone to give this one a shot. It's October.......new chucky flick.......dont expect a masterpiece and you'll probably have fun.

17. fceurich39

I picked up the new box set today at bestbuy. decided to upgrade the sequels to bluray can't wait to watch all 7 movies in HD

18. Zombie Dude

Got any pictures of the set? I don't think I've seen what it looks like in physical form yet.

19. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

My Amazon pre-order arrived today, and I had to check out Cult immediately. I really enjoyed the relatively subdued first hour, but the final segment is a mess. These films always work better when they're done with a little restraint--but this one totally abandons any kind of logic in the final 30 minutes. Some might enjoy all of the over-the-top craziness, but I found it wearying. It feels like a movie that's trying way too hard to entertain. As always, your mileage may vary.

20. fceurich39

No but there is a couple unboxing YouTube videos and bluray.com forums posted pics sorry