Cursed VS Red Eye

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by Hellbilly, Jan 20, 2006.

?

vote

1. Cursed

19.2%
  2. Red Eye

80.8%
  1. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Well - Cursed sucked. Not seen Red Eye, but it wouldn't have to try hard to be better. If it's worse, then damn.... they BOTH suck....

2. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

I think I walked into Red Eye with my expectations too high... because I did not enjoy it at all. Was it good? Yes. But it was frozen, mechanical, extremely family-friendly for a film of this type, and just not fun. I don't think I will ever watch it again.

Cursed, on the other hand, though it's more flawed- I enjoyed it. I will definitely watch it again. I think it's that rare Craven that works on visual autopilot and lets the story flounder as the surprising momentum of the film's goofy premise and the cast's great "ah, fuck it" attitude propel it forward against all odds. I don't even remember the CGI bothering me, I had such a good time.

Sorry, haters, but I went with Cursed. Same with Scream 3, it just remains a decent, entertaining time. Though it is sad that it's Kevin Williamson's last stand as a writer. Because he clearly did not give a shit on Scream 4. (Never write a Scream film if you don't give a shit.)

3. Natas

Natas ....on the warm side of the dooooooor

Red Eye had a great premise, but was just OK. Nothing to write home about but it wasn't a waste of time either.

Cursed was atrocious. I gave it two tries when it came out but it's almost unwatchably stupid. I'm not into Werewolves in general so it was going to be a tough sell from jump street for me anyways.

4. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Had to go with Red Eye. Pretty decent suspense drama. Just recently, I was shocked to find out that Rachael McAdams was the same actress in Mean Girls. Loved her in that. Cillian Murphy always plays a good bad guy.

Cursed was okay-not Craven's worst but pretty average.

DVD-fanatic-9 likes this.